English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 29 March 2005, 21:11   #1
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Question Yet another mouse/keyboard interface confusion...

Since my last (first) keyboard in A1200 died some weeks ago, and my second starts to loose letters and my 8 year-old mouse (resurrected many times ) doesn't want to move sometimes, recently i've been thinking about getting a mouse and a keyboard interface, but...

1. As it comes to the 'serial pc mouse interface', it should work with all serial mouses, right?
But, would it work when i'll use some/any [PS/2_to_Serial] connector, plug it in the interface and use a PS/2 pc mouse?
I remember, i had some trouble when i've used a A4Tech's [PS/2_to_Serial] connector on my pc, and used a different (then A4's) mouse... although i don't remeber if it wasn't recognized at all, or only some special features (like the 3rd/4th button or wheels) did not work.

BTW: I know, i can buy meself a PS/2 mouse interface, but i'm just curious...

...but since from the ones i'm interested in:
USB - Tuptuś+
PS/2 - Tuptuś
Serial - Mroocheck
...only the last choice is still available (and cheap ), i was thinking about getting that one.

2. And, with the keyboard adapter...
I've heard many rumors about that one... as it hangs, doesn't recognize seperate/multi button hits, "looses" letters, etc.
Is there a 100% working keyb adapter?
One that no matter, if a DIN or a PS/2 keyboard (through a [PS/2_to_DIN] connector) is connected will "just" work.

Here are the ones i've looked into:
DIN - Gift
Vector
DIN - PC-Key 1200
Also the last one looks like the choice for me...

3. Could few/some/all mouse/keyboard adapter users post some kind of votes for the ones they lately/currently/never would use?

I need some serious for the future of my Amiga

Last edited by Shoonay; 29 March 2005 at 21:13. Reason: ...some missing links...
Old 30 March 2005, 07:19   #2
keropi

I currently use a TOPOLINOIII mouse adapter, and never had any mouse related probs...
Old 30 March 2005, 08:08   #3
wlcina

The same for me - I would like to use my usb optical mouse in amiga, is it possible ?
Old 30 March 2005, 18:48   #4
tin
eezeenow!

I have hardwired a A2000 amiga KB into my 1200. works perfect aside from ctrl-A-A which I didn't really use a whole lot anyway and don't miss.