Old 30 October 2015, 23:46   #1
jmmijo

Fallout 4 + DLC

Yes I'm a freaking Bethesda WHORE, but so what, got it pre-ordered on STEAM now
AdSense AdSense  
Old 31 October 2015, 01:42   #2
Ian
Global Moderator

You've got to be mad to buy a Bethesda game at launch. It won't work properly for at least 2 months due to various and numerous game breaking bugs.

Perfect game to wait for the goty edition for me. Get the game all the dlc for less than 20 quid.

Get beta testing it for me though jmmijislut, you'll make my game better.
Old 31 October 2015, 04:42   #3
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
You've got to be mad to buy a Bethesda game at launch. It won't work properly for at least 2 months due to various and numerous game breaking bugs.

Perfect game to wait for the goty edition for me. Get the game all the dlc for less than 20 quid.

Get beta testing it for me though jmmijislut, you'll make my game better.

I will do so, did the same for Skyrim too, didn't see most of the bugs peeps were reporting, but I hope to see some freaky ones like what happened with Fallout NV

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 31 October 2015, 16:18   #4
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Skyrim worked just fine. Only some annoying bugs, nothing game breaking. Fallout 3 didn't work fine on launch, but was quickly patched.

No reason to keep repeating the far away past.
Old 31 October 2015, 23:41   #5
BarryB
Amigaholic

I'll buy the GOTY Edition for £8.99 like I did with FO3 and New Vegas! £65 for a game + DLC at launch, some people are just stupid or loaded or both
Old 01 November 2015, 01:05   #6
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
I'll buy the GOTY Edition for £8.99 like I did with FO3 and New Vegas! £65 for a game + DLC at launch, some people are just stupid or loaded or both
Both please
Old 01 November 2015, 15:26   #7
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Poor jimmijo...

Got diagnosed... steamitist... unrecoverable... money draining disease.

With slight form of behsaditist
Old 01 November 2015, 15:42   #8
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmijo View Post
Both please
So you're stupidly loaded, nice!
Old 01 November 2015, 18:39   #9
Cpt. Hindsight

Tbh, I don't understand the hype about these walking simulators at all.

Fallout 2 was a great game.

FO3 and NV on the other hand were just useless occupational therapy, imho.
Old 01 November 2015, 19:41   #10
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Hindsight View Post
Tbh, I don't understand the hype about these walking simulators at all.

Fallout 2 was a great game.

FO3 and NV on the other hand were just useless occupational therapy, imho.
I guess if you had to categorize my game playing it would be Open World with a heavy + heavy dose of walking

Like when they added horses in Skyrim I could care less, I walked or fast traveled everywhere, I prefer to be even sneaking most of the time so I don't miss out on secret stashes of loot
Old 01 November 2015, 21:11   #11
TCD

Quote:
Like when they added horses in Skyrim I could care less, I walked or fast traveled everywhere, I prefer to be even sneaking most of the time so I don't miss out on secret stashes of loot
Amen
Guess Morrowind changed the way I see RPGs. I can still like map based ones, but I really like to have a whole 'world' to explore.
Old 01 November 2015, 21:45   #12
BarryB
Amigaholic

I never got on with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. even though it was an 'open world' game and you HAD to walk or run everywhere as you couldn't drive or ride anything! Think the initial difficulty level was just 'too difficult' that made me pack it in eventually!
Old 02 November 2015, 10:11   #13
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Old 02 November 2015, 20:46   #14
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
I guess if you had to categorize my game playing it would be Open World with a heavy + heavy dose of walking

Yep, that explains that not even a year being steam user, I'm close to your achievements... man, you should learn how to ride a horse... don't be afraid!

That MMOS RPG I suggested you try back then would be perfect for you, because apart from moving everywhere to get anything... with teleportation you have added win/loose as you never know if game will hold on or crash...
Old 03 November 2015, 09:30   #15
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
I never got on with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. even though it was an 'open world' game and you HAD to walk or run everywhere as you couldn't drive or ride anything! Think the initial difficulty level was just 'too difficult' that made me pack it in eventually!
Stalker can indeed be a mind bender if you just start out with it and get killed around every corner. I can remember my first day of play; I managed to fall in an anomaly not knowing what it was, a wild pig with no proper weapon, a pack of wild dogs with a proper weapon but shit aim, a camp of bandits (about a dozen times), a pack of wild pigs, a pack of military dudes because I wanted to explore towards the military base too far, a military dude guarding a passage under a train which I did not want to pay toll to, a tunnel of electrical anomalies and exploding anomalies that scatter the area around the sideways to bypass the military dude guarding the passage.

It helps to scout around before running to the first mission because in the starting camp there are some secret stashes to be found that instantly give you access to a proper machine gun and armor - that takes the sting out of the early game.

But it is fully possible to just get going without the secret, its basically the trick of taking the first optional mission to clean out the bandit camp and quickly killing the first red dot with a gun, so you have his gun. Once you get a machine gun and a shotgun (shotgun is good for those darned pigs and dogs), you're golden.
Old 03 November 2015, 13:11   #16
BarryB
Amigaholic

I think that was the initial problem, bad equipment, dying too often for walking into anomalies or disturbing animals and then the army guys/bandits had better weapons! I did get going eventually but I found it a constant battle against radiation sickness if you wanted to do certain missions and enemies being too accurate/too many! Think I just got fed up of not having just the right equipment for key missions and dying! Once you get near the reactor it was just radiation city so never stayed for long!

Fallout 3 wasn't as bad, you could wander around the Vault a bit and when you got out you didn't get killed immediately, long time since I played it but it remember it not being as deadly as S.T.A.L.K.E.R. when you started!
Old 03 November 2015, 15:49   #17
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

That didn't stop me from replaying it a little not too long ago (but quit because man its difficult to keep running stable) and dying to the first rad scorpion I met outside of Megaton
Old 09 November 2015, 14:49   #18
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Looks like the current trend of "it works but don't expect miracles on release" continues with Fallout 4 - it performs quite poorly right now on any platform.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...mance-analysis

If you run it on a PC, better do so on from an SSD I'd say.
Old 11 November 2015, 03:26   #19
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Looks like the current trend of "it works but don't expect miracles on release" continues with Fallout 4 - it performs quite poorly right now on any platform.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...mance-analysis

If you run it on a PC, better do so on from an SSD I'd say.
It's running great on my machine, SSD and all

Fullscreen + Borderless seems to be the way to go now a days.
Old 11 November 2015, 09:27   #20
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

The Steam reviews so far have been mighty positive, that's for sure. I even see reports of the game running fine on older hardware.
AdSense AdSense