English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 13 June 2014, 01:01   #561
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

In version. 2.3.6 dev, is it possible, to get an afterglow xbox 360 pad to work?
Selecting joystick mode or cd 32 pad mode does not work.

I cannot play with keyboard controls.
Old 13 June 2014, 08:30   #562
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
why don't using latest dev fs-uae ? 2.3.6 is old !
Old 13 June 2014, 20:55   #563
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Warning: long reply ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_a500 View Post
I start Workbench and move the pointer up and down. The pointer randomly stops at a random vertical position, as if it has reached the screen border. There's no problem with horizontal. If you continue to move the pointer up and down, it eventually goes back to normal, but problem comes back later - randomly. (problem seems very familiar, but I can't remember)

The problem seems to have started in FS-UAE 2.5.2dev and is still in FS-UAE 2.5.4dev. There is no problem in FS-UAE 2.5.0dev. (can't remember if I tried 2.5.1dev)
I haven't managed to reproduce it, but it is of course possible I just haven't tried long enough. Does it happen fairly soon after Workbench starts? Does it happen with a stock Workbench environment?

Quote:
1. Crackly audio - I've had this problem for years and I always assumed it was my old, slow computers, but now I've got a kick-ass top-of-the-line computer and I still have crackly audio.
Please provide log files and screenshot of performance graphs (Ctrl+F10 to display graphs).

Quote:
2. Scanline flicker - when flipping between screens interlaced/non-interlaced there is a very noticeable flicker as if the scanlines are being drawn very slowly. (UAE has always had a problem with scanlines)
Can you provide detailed step-by-step instructions on how to easily reproduce?

Quote:
3. Jerky scrolling - scrolling has improved, but it's still far from perfect. Example - try viewing a text file with MuchMore. (jerk city)
Log files and performance graphs here too please

Quote:
4. Multiple config files - yes, this is Apple's problem, but I would like to eventually double click a config file and not have it open default instead
I'm about to try a workaround suggested in an earlier thread. EDIT: workaround implemented and tested -it works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
The new version instead is brilliant, no need for swap or on screen menus, no need for extra click, it just does the swap automatically by using it. Your solution now is also much better than the old auto switch solution before wich ONLY reacted on the button click.
Thanks for testing, and great that you like it

Quote:
Why did you decide that Amiga joystick/mouse button usage does not trigger any internal switching ? I don't see a reason why it shouldn't.
It just didn't seem necessary. That can easily be changed if it would improve anything

Quote:
I discovered scrambled flickering screen since 2.5.x series when ADF started in fullscreen from launcher in OSX 10.9.3

It does happen right after start of fs-uae from the fs-uae-launcher and stays for about 2 seconds. It does not happen in fs-arcade. It does not happen when started in window mode. I retested the v2.4.0. It does not happen on 2.4.x series launcher in fullscreen.

It looks like the memory for the bitplane that was not cleared or the pointer of the bitplane points somewhere into memory of the host OS.

Its exactly the time when it should fade from black to light gray. When light gray becomes white (about 3 seconds after start) the scrambled screen becomes cleared.

Anyone else sees this? Anyway its only cosmetic though, after start phase every things seems quite normal.
I haven't really seen this on my OS X 10.8 laptop. It could be related to the new "fullscreen space" fullscreen support in the recent development versions. Can you test with both
Code:
fullscreen_mode = desktop
and
Code:
fullscreen_mode = fullscreen
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alzabo View Post
The latest development version of FS-UAE is now available in the CCR for Chakra Linux.
I'm not familiar with Chakra Linux, but I would be happy to provide some information about that on the FS-UAE download page. But I need some more information: what does the user have to do to install those packages on Chakra Linux?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGimper View Post
There's a drop down on the right that shows "all games and configurations" ... is it possible to add a "Configurations Only" and "Games Only" option to this to filter the list just to configurations and games?
Right now it is only used to select custom game lists from oagd.net (which isn't really enabled yet, some work left on the server side). But it does make sense to add those options to the list as well

Quote:
Is it possible to load any ADF into a drive whilst the emulator is running, or MUST it be part of the swap list. I hate not being able to just load any ADF as I normally forget to add it to the list. If this isn't already there, could it be added? If not, can you add a feature to automatically dynamically populate the swap list with all ADFs in a folder and subfolders (like a tick box or something)
Technically possible, yes - I have just never bothered yet to write a proper directory / file selector which can be efficiently used with a large set of files. I'm reluctant to add an half-baked feature.

Quote:
Is the HDF Creator broken on the 2.5.5dev2 on Mac OS X. No matter what I select it will not create a hard file.
Bug fixed for 2.5.6dev, thanks for reporting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariath View Post
Would be possible to assign the emulator pause function to the gamepad Start button?
I'll add support for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-TEAM View Post
Hi, no joystick is working anymore in 2.5.5dev2 - in 2.4.ö1 it works 1a.
Win 7 64bit Pro - orginal amiga pro joystick over usb high clock adapter.
http://fs-uae.net/log-files-needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Browne View Post
In version. 2.3.6 dev, is it possible, to get an afterglow xbox 360 pad to work? Selecting joystick mode or cd 32 pad mode does not work.
It should work fine as long as the gamepad is recognized by your operating system. http://fs-uae.net/log-files-needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul View Post
why don't using latest dev fs-uae ? 2.3.6 is old !
Indeed, please use 2.4.1dev or the latest development version, I won't provide support for 2.3.x any more

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 13 June 2014 at 21:31.
Old 14 June 2014, 14:16   #564
MrGimper

Thanks Frode

I can confirm that fullscreen_mode = fullscreen doesn't exhibit the glitchy graphics issue, whereas fullscreen_mode = desktop does.

Also, thanks for considering the drop down feature I requested
Old 27 June 2014, 18:32   #565
ArtMac

Hi.

Is it possible to add a very little mouse support/touch support for FS-UAE Arcade?

I've tested 2.5.5dev2 version on a Microsoft Surface and unless you have the gamepad or the keyboard conected, there's no way out from Arcade, since the only way to reach the X on the upper right side is to use a gamepad or a keyboard

When I'm talking about touch support I'm thinking of adding two arrows (backwards and forward) to change the game.

Also, as the Microsoft Surface has a HiDPI display, I can confirm that 2.4.1 didn't work, but this 2.5.5dev2 looks perfect.

Thank you.
Old 04 July 2014, 01:05   #566
jbl007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007 View Post
2.5.5dev always segfaults when quiting
It crashes with a chance of 95% on exit if "window_width" and/or "window_height" is in the config.

It seems to crash at random positions. Here is one example (gdb):
Code:
amiga_quit
UAE emulation core is quitting
[Thread 0xbfafab40 (LWP 8216) exited]
[Thread 0xc26fbb40 (LWP 8215) exited]
[Thread 0xf34e4b40 (LWP 8214) exited]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
luaH_getstr (t=0xc3329b0, key=0xc333290) at libfsemu/src/lua/ltable.c:470
470	    if (ttisshrstring(gkey(n)) && eqshrstr(rawtsvalue(gkey(n)), key))
(gdb) bt
#0  luaH_getstr (t=0xc3329b0, key=0xc333290) at libfsemu/src/lua/ltable.c:470
#1  0x08525993 in luaH_get (t=0xc3329b0, key=0xc333180) at libfsemu/src/lua/ltable.c:484
#2  0x085275a1 in luaV_gettable (L=0xc333608, t=0xc332b80, key=0xc333180, val=0xc333180) at libfsemu/src/lua/lvm.c:117
#3  0x08510332 in lua_getglobal (L=0xc333608, var=0x870ab87 "on_fs_emu_render_frame") at libfsemu/src/lua/lapi.c:605
#4  0x084d0031 in fs_emu_lua_run_handler (name=0x870ab87 "on_fs_emu_render_frame") at libfsemu/src/emu/emu_lua.c:20
#5  0x084d7050 in render_frame (alpha=1, perspective=313534184) at libfsemu/src/emu/render.c:915
#6  0x084d8c88 in fs_emu_video_render_function () at libfsemu/src/emu/render.c:1980
#7  0x0852baab in render_frame () at libfsemu/src/ml/render.c:222
#8  fs_ml_render_iteration () at libfsemu/src/ml/render.c:648
#9  0x0852cfb3 in fs_ml_main_loop () at libfsemu/src/ml/sdl.c:992
#10 0x084cfcb1 in fs_emu_run (function=0x8601ef0 <main_function>) at libfsemu/src/emu/emu.c:455
#11 0x08050360 in main (argc=3, argv=0xffffd564) at src/fs-uae/main.c:1155
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
luaH_getstr (t=0xc3329b0, key=0xc333290) at libfsemu/src/lua/ltable.c:470
470	    if (ttisshrstring(gkey(n)) && eqshrstr(rawtsvalue(gkey(n)), key))
(gdb) c
Continuing.
[Thread 0xbebf9b40 (LWP 8237) exited]
[Thread 0xf68aeb40 (LWP 8212) exited]

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
The program no longer exists.
(gdb) q
Old 19 July 2014, 22:03   #567
yesplease

Hi Frode
same on my mac

fullscreen_mode = desktop does this scrambled flickering in the beginning 3 seconds

whereas

fullscreen_mode = fullscreen does not

but I continue to use fullscreen_mode=desktop, switching the screens by swiping to left and right is just too cool .

another thing I discovered is that when fullscreen_mode = fullscreen is enabled, you can not switch back with cmd+enter to the host desktop.

Last edited by yesplease; 19 July 2014 at 22:15.
Old 29 July 2014, 12:34   #568
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMac View Post
Is it possible to add a very little mouse support/touch support for FS-UAE Arcade?
I'll see if I can at least allow using the mouse/pointer to press the exit button
https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-uae-arcade/issues/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007 View Post
It crashes with a chance of 95% on exit if "window_width" and/or "window_height" is in the config.
Hi, I haven't really managed to reproduce the problem, but the stack trace is good, so I might be able to figure it out regardless (haven't really checked the code yet). Thanks for the bug report Will be followed up here: https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-uae/issues/25

Quote:
fullscreen_mode = desktop does this scrambled flickering in the beginning 3 seconds
This does not happen on my computer. Perhaps it depends on the GPU (for example random garbage left in the framebuffer gets displayed when OS X animates the full-screen transition..?). I'll probably add an option fullscreen_spaces = 0 to disable the use of fullscreen spaces (so fullscreen_mode = desktop works like before the spaces feature was introduced). https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-uae/issues/26

Quote:
f another thing I discovered is that when fullscreen_mode = fullscreen is enabled, you can not switch back with cmd+enter to the host desktop.
Hmm.. could be "on purpose", I don't remember if I had to do some compromises when switching to SDL2. Will check (https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-uae/issues/27).
Old 29 July 2014, 21:00   #569
Ariath

Hi!

I'm testing mapping the mouse movement to the right sixaxis joystick, and the left and right mouse buttons to left and right joystick buttons.

The movement works great, i can now move the mouse without problem with the right joystick, but, i haven't found action events for mouse buttons .

Would be possible to add them in the next build? .

See ya!
Old 29 July 2014, 21:02   #570
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@Arith The mouse and joystick buttons are physically the same, so you use fire for left mouse button, and 2nd fire for right mouse button.
Old 29 July 2014, 23:08   #571
Ariath

Thanks for the reply, it works flawlessly now and i can skip cracktros without touching the physical mouse .

See ya!
Old 03 August 2014, 21:34   #572
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.5.6dev:
  • Updated emulation core from WinUAE 2820b8.
  • Load libcapsimage from plugin instead of having it bundled.
  • Updated built-in AROS rom [WinUAE 2.8.1].
  • Starting FS-UAE.app with config file works again on OS X.
  • Fixed a bug (potential crash) in fs_get_application_exe_path on windows.
  • Initial support reading resources from fs-uae.dat (or embedded in the exe).
  • Build scripts for SteamOS / Steam runtime version.
  • Re-enable compiler optimizations for cpuemu, use -fno-strict-overflow to work around the issue that current cpu emulation code assumes signed integer overflow behavior.
  • Added speedlink_strike_2_gamepad_12_5_1_0_windows.conf [TCD].
  • Changes to support compilation on OS X 10.9.
  • Added slirp support (not tested yet, not enabled by default).
  • Enabled A2065 (not tested yet, not enabled by default).
  • FS-UAE now uses automake in addition to autoconf.
  • New requirement: libmpeg2 / libmpeg2convert for CD32 FMV support.
  • Some bugfixes based on static code analysis + code cleanup.
Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.5.6dev:
  • Add .nobackup file to Documents/FS-UAE/Cache.
  • Fixed a bug in adf/hdf creator.
  • Include “show all database games” (database_show_games = 0) in settings.
Regarding libcapsimage (IPF floppy image support): the plan is to have FS-UAE Launcher automatically download the plugin on demand. However, for the time being it must be manually installed. The libcapsimage plugin is based on the new 5.1 version.
Old 04 August 2014, 02:50   #573
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

My "ForceCD32" plugin works now. But i get a "Device needs config for AmigaCD32: USB Pad" message now with the 2.5.6dev. Of course i have a working controller .conf file and it worked before.
Old 04 August 2014, 06:43   #574
kkgarbod
The Human/Gray Hybrid

Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.5.6dev:
[LIST]
[*]Build scripts for SteamOS / Steam runtime version.
Me wonder how this Works
Old 04 August 2014, 12:11   #575
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
My "ForceCD32" plugin works now. But i get a "Device needs config for AmigaCD32: USB Pad" message now with the 2.5.6dev. Of course i have a working controller .conf file and it worked before.
Please attach fs-uae.log.txt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinAbo View Post
Hi, Just updated from 2.5.1dev to 2.5.6dev and for some reason it won't show any images from game database . If i go back to 2.5.1 it works fine. do i need to do a fresh install or is it a bug in the new version ?
FS-UAE Launcher or -Arcade? Or both? Please attach log files

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkgarbod View Post
Me wonder how this Works
I've just experimented with building self-contained FS-UAE/Launcher/Arcade version for Linux which only depends on the Steam runtime. This version runs on all Linux distributions where Steam runtime is installed and working (incl. SteamOS of course). I haven't prepared official builds for this yet though
Old 04 August 2014, 12:18   #576
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I don't get a fs-uae.log.txt anymore, only a fs-uae-launcher.log.txt.
Attached Files
File Type: txt fs-uae-launcher.log.txt (88.0 KB, 136 views)
Old 04 August 2014, 17:12   #577
kkgarbod
The Human/Gray Hybrid

Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
I've just experimented with building self-contained FS-UAE/Launcher/Arcade version for Linux which only depends on the Steam runtime. This version runs on all Linux distributions where Steam runtime is installed and working (incl. SteamOS of course). I haven't prepared official builds for this yet though
Ok, me thought it was something totally else (methinks we talked about it on irc)
Old 05 August 2014, 00:11   #578
R-TEAM

Hi,

have now finaly time to test - but with 2.5.6dev the same problem as with 2.5.5dev2, as i have wrote ... no joystick input is working.With 2.4.1 it works o.k.
Logfiles attached.

Regards
R-TEAM
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Logs.7z (17.3 KB, 107 views)
Old 05 August 2014, 09:54   #579
amigafreak68k

The same here. I've a digital-analogue joypad. Only the analogue part works. In the setup dialog for the joypad all is like it should
Old 05 August 2014, 20:59   #580
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, regarding joystick issues in 2.5.x please see this thread: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=74623 (discussion / resolution is moved there).