English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 07 February 2019, 19:38   #1
FSonSurface

FS UAE portable error, wrong paths?

I've been setting up the latest stable build of the portable FS-UAE 64 bit on a usb HD (exFat) going back and forth between two PCs, one with Win 10 Home and one with Win 7 Enterprise.

After I got a list of WHD games working on Win 7 and switched to the Win 10 PC I had to change the drive letter from "F:" to "G:". I did that for all the paths I could find in the settings and tried to launch a game.

I got an error saying something about "no such file.. and referencing the old drive letter from the other pc. I updated the game and file database and tried again, same result.

I went back to the Win7 PC to confirm that FS UAE would still run there to find that my hard drive got corrupted in a way that still let's me copy files from it to other drives, but copy/paste within the drive or renaming files won't work. I also can't create new folders or edit anything else..

Is there anything crucial I have to do in order for FS-UAE to actually be portable? Or did I theoretically try it the right way?

Old 08 February 2019, 14:06   #2
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Rather than using absolute path, try to use relative path in configuration.

Portable setting should never care about drive letter.

I use relative path for WinUAE as well.
Old 14 February 2019, 18:40   #3
FSonSurface

Thanks for the advice. How do I enter relative paths? In settinfs -> filedatabase I can only add folders that end up creating absolute paths..