English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 31 January 2019, 14:55   #1
cluttered

HDF creation/usage

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, if I use the base A500 setup with 1.3 ROM then I see the hdf show up on the desktop, if I then initialize it it tries, twice it worked, half a dozen times it fails - usually just stops dead at some point.

If I try any other combination of machine/ROM then the device doesn't show up on the desktop at all, if I try 'format drive dh0: name zzz' it tells me to insert drive to be initialized and then immediately on the next line 'format failed: cannot find handler'. Is there another step needed on the other variants?

Can someone post a list of what I need to do as I am obviously not getting it!

Tried it with single partion version and the rdb option (that doesn't appear anywhere).

Thanks,

Mark.
Old 31 January 2019, 14:59   #2
cluttered

I am running the latest fs-uae on an iMac. I have tried both formats of HDF under the create hdf menu and various sizes 512, 1024 and 2048.
Old 31 January 2019, 16:01   #3
cluttered

Some progress!
I have tried 'df2:HDTools/HDToolBox uaehf.device' the only option available was change type, did that, then define new, no options. Exited, tried again, this time I had a read config from device or similar, using that has now got me a 'UDH0:NDOS' on the desktop so hopefully I can format that now. The single partition (non rdb) one is shown in HDToolBox but I can't do anything with it, it doesn't show on the desktop and format doesn't work as I said initially.
Anyway, some progress!