English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 17 August 2020, 19:36   #1
Solo Kazuki

WinUAE: system suspends when writing on SD

Hello

I have problem with SD, which i'm preparing for real hardware. SD was partitioned and set to SFS (68k) on WinUAE, but formatted on MorphOS.
SD is visible and partitions are mounted, but when i try to copy something or even read - system suspends. When writing probability of suspend is very high, when reading it's less possible and it's random, not always it happens. Also I cannot re-format partitions (even with SFSformat application) because it also ends with suspend.

When writing or reading on MorphOS there are no problems. Most of WHDLoad games put with MorphOS are working on WinUAE, but system installed suspends.
Old 18 August 2020, 20:53   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

If writing to exact same sized HDF works: it is almost certainly something wrong with the SD adapter (even if it appears to work fine with other operating systems). It seems to be very common problem for some reason.
Old 23 August 2020, 10:02   #3
Solo Kazuki

Prolem is solved. It was not reader fault but something wrong was with FS on this SD. I just clear SD and made preparations again and now it's working fine. Some people said that could be full format (which I made before, now just quick), maybe some settings were wrong before, or something else.