English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

Old 07 July 2010, 14:08   #261
frankoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord View Post
Also, referring to arculator (I see a few versions have cropped up since 0.9) is FDi support operational again? it would be good to play the archie version of SF3000 again some time...
The game update patch at http://www.starfighter.acornarcade.com/ removes the copy protection from Star Fighter 3000, enabling it to be run from HD without the "floppy in drive" check. I'm not sure whether you can install the game to HD without copy protected floppies / floppy images though, but if not you could install it to HD and apply the patch on a real Acorn or an emulator with FDI support and then copy !SF3000 to your Arculator HD.

Old 07 July 2010, 15:04   #262
starlord
Zone Friend

is this also valid with the SF3000: other worlds acorn CD?

ouch: pity! karma has much potential: I saw the manual and I must say it had an epic feel... Is combat appearing in the trainer?
Old 07 July 2010, 16:47   #263
DiscoBitch

Ballarena

Quote:
Originally Posted by antom View Post
I've just added a zip of the .adf to The Zone! if you fancy getting a copy.
Oh I've been after a copy of Ballarena for years!! Where/what is The Zone? (I'm a newbie on here.)

Old 07 July 2010, 16:50   #264
DiscoBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Hi amiganer,

If you are talking about restoring .adf files that you have on your PC to High Density floppies for use with your Archimedes 3010, then you can do this quite easily without using an emulator by using the 'Arcimage' utility.

Details here:
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=458437&postcount=91

If you are trying to write 800K images to HD disks and you have no DD disks, then put a piece of tape over the HD sensing hole.

BTW, that was my first post here.
I'd recomment OmniFlop for Archimedes disk imaging. It does 100s of other formats too. http://www.shlock.co.uk/Utils/OmniFlop/OmniFlop.htm

Old 07 July 2010, 16:51   #265
ck1200
CBM & Retro Mad

Send a message via MSN to ck1200 Send a message via Yahoo to ck1200
Quote:
Oh I've been after a copy of Ballarena for years!! Where/what is The Zone? (I'm a newbie on here.)
Top right corner next to log out option, but you need to join the group first
Old 07 July 2010, 17:07   #266
DiscoBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck1200 View Post
Top right corner next to log out option, but you need to join the group first
Thanks - I just sussed it out all by myself anyway . But - how do I find a specific game in The Zone?

Old 07 July 2010, 17:28   #267
Graham Humphrey

Files only last three weeks so what you see there is what you get.
Old 07 July 2010, 17:38   #268
DiscoBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Files only last three weeks so what you see there is what you get.
I see. Pretty please could someone upload Ballarena for me?

Topic 2:
I've been making images of my Archimedes games; I recently got a batch of new ones from eBay including the 4th Dimension titles Sylvia Lane and Saloon Cars Deluxe. I made images of those two but they don't work on emulators, or on my A3010 after writing them back to floppy. Does anyone know a way around the copy protection?

Topic 3:
I've also scanned the manuals for Saloon Cars Deluxe and Break 147 & Superpool, and will scan others too. Anyone know of an online repository where I could usefully upload these, in the name of software preservation?

Old 08 July 2010, 00:09   #269
asm1

Big grin

Cant help you with the first two but if you are looking for an online repository for stuff, you could do worse than The Qube Risc OS server

http://grope.thruhere.net/Qube/home.html

Charlie (also a member on here) would be delighted with your input I am sure. Register for the BB and request an FTP account.

That pretty much goes for anyone in the thread who's interested and hasn't already....

Tell him I sent you (j/k)

Andrew (asm1 over there too )

PS Check your PM Disco

Last edited by asm1; 08 July 2010 at 00:21. Reason: PM
Old 08 July 2010, 03:43   #270
DiscoBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm1 View Post
Cant help you with the first two but if you are looking for an online repository for stuff, you could do worse than The Qube Risc OS server

http://grope.thruhere.net/Qube/home.html

Charlie (also a member on here) would be delighted with your input I am sure. Register for the BB and request an FTP account.

That pretty much goes for anyone in the thread who's interested and hasn't already....

Tell him I sent you (j/k)

Andrew (asm1 over there too )

PS Check your PM Disco
Thanks very much! There's a some stuff on there I was missing (Aldebaran, Axis...). Great stuff. I'll upload some goodies on there soon. I downloaded the supposedly non-working Burn Out from the FTP and it works fine on VA5000!
If someone could upload Ballarena on there, I would be even more chuffed...

Old 10 July 2010, 22:10   #271
MarkYoungIW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBitch View Post
2:
I've been making images of my Archimedes games; I recently got a batch of new ones from eBay including the 4th Dimension titles Sylvia Lane and Saloon Cars Deluxe. I made images of those two but they don't work on emulators, or on my A3010 after writing them back to floppy. Does anyone know a way around the copy protection?
Give !NoDisc a go. Worked with some 4D stuff.

If not, dont suppose you have an Amiga capable of imaging? You could image it into Tom's apd format for now so it runs in Arculator.
Old 10 July 2010, 22:12   #272
MarkYoungIW

In fact, please image to Tom's apd format if you can, this means Tom can test Arculator more thoroughly.
Old 12 July 2010, 01:43   #273
antom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkYoungIW View Post
In fact, please image to Tom's apd format if you can, this means Tom can test Arculator more thoroughly.
I'd like to do some imaging in the .apd format as well if possible - can anyone give a few pointers where to start?

Edit: don't worry - found a guide on the Qube Server mentioned further up the thread

Last edited by antom; 12 July 2010 at 02:00. Reason: See post
Old 12 July 2010, 01:46   #274
antom

Also, in my experience, !NoDisc has only worked with SF3000.
Old 17 July 2010, 16:00   #275
antom

Issue with Arculator keyboard on my laptop

Bit off-topic here, but wondered if anyone had a similar issue - on my HP HDX18 (running Windows 7 Pro) laptop, Arculator seems to not detect a few of the keys - specifically the ' key (often used for up in games), which is annoying when certain games won't let you redefine keys!

Anyone else had such issues? If so, managed to solve them?
Old 17 July 2010, 19:33   #276
Tom Walker

I've had that issue reported on another of my emulators. I'll see if I can come up with a fixed version - it's annoying as it only seems to happen on HP laptops running Windows 7.
Old 17 July 2010, 23:01   #277
vexation

Quote:
Originally Posted by filth View Post
I do also know that a quite large Acorn games pack (some native games, some images) is planned to be released during the summer, so keep an eye on that too: http://www..org/user/antiques/
Looks like it was released today.. nice list of games including some that I've not seen anywhere else (Pandora's Box, The Dungeon) over recent years.

Sad to see there are a bunch more still missing tho. Enter The Realm, Ballarena, Legend Of The Lost Temple, Cartoon World, Haunted House (Wimp Game 2) etc. Hopefully they can be properly preserved at some point.

(Antom did put a copy of Ballarena up on The Zone! a long time ago.. maybe if we beg a bunch he can put another copy up? That said, I remember Ballarena only working on RISC OS2 and it had copy protection, I vaguely remember downloading the image and getting nowhere with it.. just spent 2 hours going through all my archive DVD's and can't find it anywhere >< - also Legend Of The Lost Temple turned up on Wocki's Website http://acorn.revivalteam.de/ but no-one seems to have a scan for the copy protection.. that said I know the image is good as I completely fluked picking the correct colour once and it fired up fine)

Also, I never realised The Great Giana Sisters was released for the Archie! o_O hope that isn't a typo - will have to check it out at some point.

Last edited by vexation; 17 July 2010 at 23:37.
Old 19 July 2010, 11:15   #278
antom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Walker View Post
I've had that issue reported on another of my emulators. I'll see if I can come up with a fixed version - it's annoying as it only seems to happen on HP laptops running Windows 7.
Thanks Tom - if you need any assistance in testing, feel free to get in touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexation View Post
Antom did put a copy of Ballarena up on The Zone! a long time ago.. maybe if we beg a bunch he can put another copy up?
No need to beg excessively - Just re-uploaded to The Zone! now for you
Old 22 July 2010, 13:52   #279
ck1200
CBM & Retro Mad

Send a message via MSN to ck1200 Send a message via Yahoo to ck1200
WARNING !!! if you are an Archimedes fan you may not want to click on the link, shocked when i seen this poor little Archimedes

I bet a fair few have ended up this way though, Very sad!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 23 July 2010, 17:13   #280
Tom Walker

All the A3020s at my school looked a bit like that when I left in 2003. Shame, but that's what happens when you let kids near computers.