English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 03 April 2012, 22:01   #21
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusle View Post
Ok,
one more question. How to eject floppy disk images??
This will also be improved when I update the menu, in the meantime, there exists an "elegant" hack - http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=349
Old 03 April 2012, 22:13   #22
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
UAE has 68060 emulation, but I have problems e.g. getting kickstart 3.1 to boot at all with 68060 (both with FS-UAE and WinUAE). It is possible I just had an incompatible configuration value. If you have managed to boot Workbench or something properly with a 68060 in another UAE* variant, please create a new thread for your request and post the working UAE config file
68060 = 68060.library required (or dummy 68040.library + 68060.library if older setpatch) or AOS crashes. (Exact same happens with real 68060 Amigas) Reason is incompatible supervisor FPU stack frame.

EDIT: 68040.library + 68060 = instacrash when setpatch runs.

btw, (yes, I have said this previously many times) but there are _NO_ (non-system level) programs that require 68060. Some programs check that 68060 AttnFlags bit is set but only because REAL 68040 and older are too slow, not because of possible incompatibilites (actually 68060 has less instructions than 68040)
Old 03 April 2012, 22:14   #23
rSl

Quote:
Thank you, -will be added -There was just one file in the archive (t_mini_wireless.ini), but just to be sure: the two different devices have the same device name when connected, and have the same button layout (button indices) etc? I like that you created a "universal" config -makes it more useful and can be used for other projects etc
great!
yes, both controllers use the same receiver and have the same button layout.

thank you!

Old 03 April 2012, 22:14   #24
weiju

Quote:
Just so we're clear, are all your problems (including the 1.0.2 issue) fixed for you in version 1.1.0?
The scanline problem has disappeared in 1.1.0, but now the workbench screen is not stretched to the full with of the display anymore.
Old 03 April 2012, 22:20   #25
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
68060 = 68060.library required (or dummy 68040.library + 68060.library if older setpatch) or AOS crashes. (Exact same happens with real 68060 Amigas) Reason is incompatible supervisor FPU stack frame.

EDIT: 68040.library + 68060 = instacrash when setpatch runs.

btw, (yes, I have said this previously many times) but there are _NO_ (non-system level) programs that require 68060. Some programs check that 68060 AttnFlags bit is set but only because REAL 68040 and older are too slow, not because of possible incompatibilites (actually 68060 has less instructions than 68040)
Thanks for the clarification, sounds like FS-UAE won't have a default '060 model If anyone insists, you can still override the cpu settings in FS-UAE at your own risk, e.g.
Code:
uae_cpu_model = 68060
uae_fpu_model = 68060
Old 03 April 2012, 22:26   #26
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiju View Post
Hi Frode,
I can confirm that the display problem with activated scan lines has disappeared, the current 1.0.2 version does not seem to stretch the workbench screen to the correct width however (this was correct in all previous versions) - I have PAL - HiRes Laced 256 activated.
Thanks,
Wei-ju
PAL: High Res Laced works perfectly fine for me in 1.1.0 with Workbench 3.1 (stretched perfectly). Could you check if you are using some workbench overscan settings, or perhaps you have specified a static viewport in your FS-UAE config?. Please test/experiment a bit with 1.1.0 and see what you can find out, and create a new thread for this problem if it persists (with config and log file)!
Old 03 April 2012, 22:50   #27
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
i can get 060 emulation with :

[config]

amiga_model = SUPER

chip_memory = 2048
fast_memory = 8192
zorro_iii_memory = 131072

uae_chipset=aga
uae_chipset_compatible=A1200
uae_cpu_speed=max
uae_cpu_type=68040
uae_cpu_model=68060
uae_fpu_model=68060

uae_maprom=0xf0000000
uae_gfxcard_size = 8

and all is working perfect !!!
Old 03 April 2012, 22:51   #28
weiju

Quote:
PAL: High Res Laced works perfectly fine for me in 1.1.0 with Workbench 3.1 (stretched perfectly). Could you check if you are using some workbench overscan settings, or perhaps you have specified a static viewport in your FS-UAE config?. Please test/experiment a bit with 1.1.0 and see what you can find out, and create a new thread for this problem if it persists (with config and log file)!
will do, thanks !
Old 03 April 2012, 23:16   #29
PHabermehl

Hello Frode,

got some severe problems using 1.1.0:

-Guru meditation on changing screen mode for workbench
-Opening a second screen results in wrong display: screen is displayed half width and double height for example.

What can I do to support debugging?

Peter
Old 03 April 2012, 23:21   #30
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHabermehl View Post
Hello Frode,

got some severe problems using 1.1.0:

-Guru meditation on changing screen mode for workbench
-Opening a second screen results in wrong display: screen is displayed half width and double height for example.

What can I do to support debugging?

Peter
That's not good.. - the best you can to (apart from playing around and testing) is to post the log file, and try to give me step by step instructions to reproduce both problems (what mode to change from, and to, what workbench version to use, if the problem does not occur on a clean workbench, but only when some custom software is installed, etc). Perhaps you should create a separate thread for this, since I smell some follow-up-posts
Old 03 April 2012, 23:34   #31
Speedvicio

Quote:
Well, if you only have framerate issues with these two games, then I don't see it have anything to do with ATI/OpenGL drives, etc. If you are running these in a fastest possible mode (etc), the games may just be incompatible with this (this thread may be related: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=63757) . Try with a more compatible configuration? If you after testing a bit more think there is a bug in FS-UAE, please create a new thread with configuration files and logs
The problem seems to be same in that topic.

I tested with a basic configuration (a500 1mb, and game disks), without scanlines and vsync disabled and the problem remains.

Last edited by Speedvicio; 03 April 2012 at 23:43.
Old 03 April 2012, 23:52   #32
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedvicio View Post
The problem seems to be same in that topic.

I tested with a basic configuration (a500 1mb, and game disks), without scanlines and vsync disabled and the problem remains.
Hmm, I would like to follow this up in a separate thread. Please create a new thread for your problem and post config and logs there (for the basic configuration), so I can try to reproduce.
Old 04 April 2012, 11:19   #33
nexusle
Banned

bsdsocket doesn't work on Mac OS X. Error in log:

Code:
built_in_chipset_prefs

Compile-time option of BSDSOCKET_SUPPORTED was not enabled.  You can't use bsd-socket emulation.
 -- stub -- target_fixup_options 
 -- stub -- target_run
EDIT: Ok, I saw it too late: "* BSD socket emulation is not included in this version due to changes in UAE code."

Hope to get bsdsocket work in near future.

How to activate JIT in FS-UAE?
Old 04 April 2012, 11:36   #34
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
EDIT: Ok, I saw it too late: "* BSD socket emulation is not included in this version due to changes in UAE code." -Hope to get bsdsocket work in near future.
It will be back (over the weekend, or something). Probably with Windows support as well.

Quote:
How to activate JIT in FS-UAE?
There is no JIT in FS-UAE. I have no plans to implement this in the foreseeable future.
Old 04 April 2012, 15:02   #35
nexusle
Banned

Quote:
I'll check it out.
I've managed, that only the AmigaOS 3.9 CD have lower case file names in CDFS emulation. If I mount a second device with CacheCDFS to "uaescsi.device/0" then the filenames are lower and upper case.

Possible to disable the internal CDFS emulation by config option?
Old 04 April 2012, 15:47   #36
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
I've managed, that only the AmigaOS 3.9 CD have lower case file names in CDFS emulation. If I mount a second device with CacheCDFS to "uaescsi.device/0" then the filenames are lower and upper case.
This is my bug. It should only convert to lower case if plain ISO-9660 CD, not if RockRidge or Joliet. Also only convert from second character to match CDFS behavior.
Old 04 April 2012, 15:56   #37
nexusle
Banned

Ohh, ok...
I don't use WinUAE, so I only could see this in FS-UAE

@Frode
Is it possible, to make scanlines only available in Amiga screenmodes?

Last edited by prowler; 04 April 2012 at 22:22. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 04 April 2012, 17:23   #38
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
With the builtin CDROM Filesystem all letters are lower case on the CD...??
Toni kindly sent me patch for fixing the CDFS issue, so it will be fixed in 1.1.1 (which I believe I will build later today).

Quote:
Is it possible, to make scanlines only available in Amiga screenmodes?
Good idea. I'll make scanlines default to chipset modes only by default, if enabled, and with an additional option to also apply them to RTG modes.

Last edited by prowler; 04 April 2012 at 22:23. Reason: Amended quote after above posts merged.
Old 04 April 2012, 18:50   #39
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Development Version 1.1.1

* CDFS fix for lowercase file names.
* OpenGL performance improvements (avoid unnecessary state changes).
* Support fullscreen/window mode switcing with alt+return.
* On Mac/Linux you can press alt+tab to release input focus / mouse grab.
* On Windows, alt+tabbing also releases mouse grab
* On Mac/Linux, alt+tab also temporarily switches to window mode if in fullscreen, hold down alt and press alt once more to start cycling through windows as normal (alt+tab already worked on MS Windows).
* Use "real" fullscreen mode on Linux/Mac now since fullscreen/window switching is implemented.
* On Mac you can use cmd+tab and cmd+return instead of alt+tab/alt+return.
* Restricted ugly BEAMCON0 hack to only when rtgmem_size > 0.
* Restructured file layout in source archive.

http://fengestad.no/wp/fs-uae/download-beta
Old 05 April 2012, 11:01   #40
nexusle
Banned

I've found a bug in version 1.1.1

If I go to menu with F12, sometimes I get a white screen in the emulation. In version 1.1.0 I've haven't this bug.

The CDFS bug ist fixed in this version