English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 06 December 2004, 00:11   #21
oldpx

Quote:
The following is an email sent to you by an administrator of "Lemon Amiga". If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:

kim@lemonamiga.com

Include this full email (particularly the headers).

Message sent to you follows:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Lemon Amiga member,

I'd just like to let you know that the Lemon Amiga project has now finally been launched.

Cheers from a freezing & snowy Sweden!

Kim Lemon
www.lemonamiga.com

Old 06 December 2004, 06:25   #22
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallaxScroll
Regardless of its being a joke or not, no matter how obvious, don't post fake news about me!
>> EDITED <<

Sorry!

Old 06 December 2004, 07:34   #23
oldpx

no problem

Old 06 December 2004, 09:18   #24
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Well I was glad to see it back online until I checked my email inbox and noticed I had a bulk email from lemon with my email address and a load of other members email addresses pasted in the mail.

So how many people did lemon decided to post my (and countless others') email address to? I don't take kindly to my email addy being given to a load of random people so it can get spammed some more.
Old 06 December 2004, 12:57   #25
thechap

LemonAmiga is a great Amiga site, it is a completely different site to HOL -I use both sites for different reasons. The main reason to use the site is to add your on commects on games and read other users' comments. The voting system will also prove interesting once it settles down.

There are one or two zealots that hang around both sites forums, but they should not have to spoil things for the rest of us users.

Peace!

Hang on LemonAmiga is down (or at least it is for me) anybody here got anything to do with it?(DoS) Hope it is just teething problems!
Old 06 December 2004, 16:12   #26
Kim Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla
So how many people did lemon decided to post my (and countless others') email address to? I don't take kindly to my email addy being given to a load of random people so it can get spammed some more.
I apologize for the LA opening email.

It was the first time I used the email function in this version of phpBB, and apparently it was buggy or something went wrong with the PHP email function.

By looking at the headers of the email that was sent out, it was actually sent as BCC (blind carbon copy), but at some point the BCC field broke, and the remaining email addresses went in the body of the email.

This was not my intention, nor something I expected to happen. I will notify the phpBB group regarding this problem.

I will defaintely not use this function again.
Old 06 December 2004, 16:25   #27
Jim

Damn I deleted the mail. I wanted to check that header

Old 06 December 2004, 16:28   #28
oldpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Lemon
blabla
I really don't understand why this idiot is trying to seem decent and polite. We KNOW you fucktard, be yourself and be in peace.

Old 06 December 2004, 16:30   #29
Jim

For the first time I think banned users can get the same level of access at lemonamiga.com as the rest of us:

Quote:
While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.lemonamiga.com/

The following error was encountered:

* Unable to forward this request at this time.

This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any parent caches. The most likely cause for this error is that:

* The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct connections to origin servers, and
* All configured parent caches are currently unreachable.

Your cache administrator is root.

Old 06 December 2004, 17:01   #30
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
I really don't understand why this idiot is trying to seem decent and polite. We KNOW you fucktard, be yourself and be in peace.
Don't be agressive please
Old 06 December 2004, 18:03   #31
oldpx

I understand that as the admin your duty is to say that. But as being me, my duty is to post my thing

Old 06 December 2004, 18:35   #32
Kim Lemon

I just had a conversation with RCK and Cody, and we decided that HOL2 will have a little feature where Lemon Amiga is involved, and on Lemon Amiga a little feature where HOL is involved.

Really looking forward to see this live!

Last edited by Kim Lemon; 06 December 2004 at 18:42.
Old 06 December 2004, 18:46   #33
BippyM
Global Moderator

Lemon is offline atm.. why??
Old 06 December 2004, 18:48   #34
RCK
Administrator

Whole Lemon* domains are offline because server problem. It should be back online soon.
Old 06 December 2004, 18:49   #35
Kim Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
Lemon is offline atm.. why??
It's a temporary server problem, so all other sites on ZTnet are down as well. It has happened before and will hopefully be fixed soon.
Old 06 December 2004, 18:51   #36
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
I understand that as the admin your duty is to say that. But as being me, my duty is to post my thing

btw, remind me why you don't like LemonAmiga ?
(if it's flame wars over his forums I didn't read them)
Old 06 December 2004, 18:57   #37
BippyM
Global Moderator

Its due to ParallaxScroll not liking the way Kim moderates his forum!

Freedom of speech etc..
Old 06 December 2004, 19:17   #38
Kim Lemon

Alright, it's back up.
Old 06 December 2004, 19:22   #39
Peanutuk

@Kim - It puzzles me Kim why you are posting in a forum where at least 50% of it's main users have been banned, by yourself, from posting or even reading your own forums over at Lemon for no good reason. I can therefore understand why people are a little pissed at seeing you posting here especially when posting such things as:

Quote:
I just had a conversation with RCK and Cody, and we decided that HOL2 will have a little feature where Lemon Amiga is involved, and on Lemon Amiga a little feature where HOL is involved.
As if everyone is going to wait with baited breath for your next big announcment!!

You are being treated fairly here when you have no right to be based on your previous actions.
Old 06 December 2004, 19:29   #40
Kim Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutuk
@Kim - It puzzles me Kim why you are posting in a forum where at least 50% of it's main users have been banned, by yourself, from posting or even reading your own forums over at Lemon for no good reason.
That is a lie, and you probably know it yourself. Lemon Amiga only has one banned user, and unfortunately I had to ban his whole ISP as he kept coming back and registering with various nicks and doing major abuse. I feel very unfortunate for the people who use the same ISP as this member, but I had no choice as there was some very nasty personal attacks from this member.

I don't know your math skills, but 1 banned member out of 362 members surely isn't 50%, right?