English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 30 March 2018, 01:28   #1
methodman

Scalos sent me to meet the Guru

I bowed before the guru because I had my A1200 config set to 24 bits when addressing Picasso memory, she gave me an error. I also bowed before the guru because she gives me a 700000000 = 0000000 memory error. I'm not sure what that means but I keep getting an error somewhere and I unticked the 24 bit space. What am I misunderstanding? on Scalos when I press the pre-menu, I keep meeting the guru. Any ideas why?
Old 30 March 2018, 03:20   #2
methodman

I tried it again today and the same thing keeps happening. Can I uninstall scalos. Absolutely everything in the guide worked except for Scalos.
Old 30 March 2018, 04:43   #3
methodman

OK I discovered that there is a later version of Scalos, can I just put that on top of my original version ? But I need to make the old one not crash my system. I'm using Winuae 64 that wouldn't cause a crash would it?
Old 30 March 2018, 04:49   #4
Saghalie

Leave 24 bit un-ticked and tick JIT.

See if that works
Old 30 March 2018, 17:30   #5
methodman

I tried that and when I click on Scalos and the premenu I lose my mouse, it freezes and I keep getting Dimension errors. I found a nenwer version of Scalos. How do I uninstall the version I have on there now? Also what is the best screen mode to use. I tried it with pal screemodes as well as the Picasso and scalos always ends up crashing my machine. I am using a Amiga 1200 with a Co processor 60881 could that be a problem? Thanks I have one day left to make this work or I have to uninstall Scalos which seems like an excellent replacement for WB it's just I can't get it to stop freezing.
Old 30 March 2018, 17:45   #6
Saghalie

Post your config and logs. Maybe we can try and reproduce it.
Old 30 March 2018, 21:42   #7
methodman

What directory are the configs in. I need to know then I'll send you a copy. I searched and couldn't find it?
Old 30 March 2018, 21:47   #8
Saghalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by methodman View Post
What directory are the configs in. I need to know then I'll send you a copy. I searched and couldn't find it?
I really can't tell you where your configs are. Just that if you click paths in WinUAE (Left column; top) you will see them and you will see where your log files are dumped.

Normally the configs are at the root of the WinUAE installation in a directory called Configurations. Although you can manually change it to wherever you want them to be.
Old 30 March 2018, 23:59   #9
methodman

Hooooo Cfg for methodman uploaded

Here it is Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: uae Amiga1200 100MBHD.WBuae.uae (13.0 KB, 67 views)
Old 01 April 2018, 20:13   #10
Saghalie

First off, have you visited http://scalos.noname.fr/ ?
That is the main scalos site (at least from what I can deduce). You can learn about
installing their software there. This is a WinUAE issues forum and normally we don't
install other users software.

If Quickstart isn't working for you. Try the attached config. From what I can tell
none of the suggestions we made were followed.

See if the attached config will work. I created a completely new configuration for scalos
and installed it with WB 3.0 and WB 3.1 and both worked fine.

Just copy the configuration.

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: uae Scalos.uae (14.7 KB, 83 views)
Old 01 April 2018, 20:32   #11
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I assume you want some fast mode (running scalos/wb, not some disk based games) so disable cycle-exact, enable fastest possible cpu mode and disable 24-bit, you probably want more than 4M of RAM and RTG VRAM.

Also disable OpalVision emulation (I don't think you wanted it, Display panel)
Old 02 April 2018, 00:54   #12
methodman

Thanks yeah I actually did after I had built my configuration and downloaded their d newer Scalos, but I didn't want to put it on because I kept having a non-stable relationship with Winuae. Thanks I will put into action your thoughts and see what happens. Also if you are building a machine for games Should you really skip putting scalos and magic workbench on and things like that? Should I build just a games machine with just a basic a1200 config?
Old 02 April 2018, 00:57   #13
methodman

No actually I did apply what you said about the substitution of JiT, I did tick off the 24 bit address, but I didn't save it because it behaved unstable. Then I tried a lot of other things all of which continued to be unstable. I put up the original configuration that kept it the way it was originally. I could see how you could think that though. Anyways thanks for the config.
Old 02 April 2018, 08:01   #14
Locutus

Are you sure its a emulator issue though?

Scalos eats quite a bit of stack and it might be entirely possible (honestly i expect...) that Scalos crashes due to running out of stackspace.

Try installing StackAttack.
Old 02 April 2018, 19:07   #15
methodman

I originally gave it 6 MB of memory, but than was shown, thanks to Saghalie and Tony how to give it more to configure it to work. I think I just need to take their advice and rebuild the entire folder again because I made the changes they told me to make and than upon opening Scalos my mouse freezes and I have to control alt delete to get out of it. And it keeps repeating that. So I need to remake it.
Old 02 April 2018, 19:10   #16
methodman

OK I downloaded stackAttack from Aminet. Do I put it in before I install Scalos again or after? should I go ahead and add it to my original configuration? Lots of different directions I can go. Which one is the most efficient. Guess I have to try them all.