English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 29 September 2005, 19:39   #1
Flachkoepper

Amiga 1200 HDD not bootable after WB3.0 has been copied?!

I have built an old Quantum 325 MB harddisk into my Amiga 1200, Kick 3.0 (which has no further peripheral devices except the default ones (internal floppy). With the "HDDTool" of Workbench 3.0, I have created one partition "PDH0" and formatted it successfully (furthermore, the harddisk has been tested before and has no bad sectors). After formatting, all files of "Workbench 3.0", "Extras 3.0" have been copied to the harddisk, and "Locale"-, "Storage"- and "Fonts"-Files have been copied into their own folders on the hdd. Especially, there is the default workbench startup-sequence in the "S"-directory.

Now, the Amiga does not boot :-( The hdd-led flickers shortly, but then nothing happens, except that the internal floppy is waiting for input.

The "Boot Options" menu (after pressing both mousebuttons when starting the A1200) gives me the following informations:

"Select Boot Device" has two entries:

DF0
CC0

"Control active Devices" gives the following output:

Enabled - DF0 priority 5 ADOS trackdisk-0
Enabled - CC0 priority 3 ADOS carddisk-0
Enabled - PDH0 not bootable ADOS scsi-0

- Obviously, my "PDH0"-partition is "not bootable" - WHY?? It seems to me that a kind of MBR, "bootblock" or whatever is missing?!

Does anyone have a useful hint?

Thank you for a solution!
Old 29 September 2005, 19:55   #2
thomas

Run HDToolbox again, go to "Partition Drive", select your boot partition and enable the "Bootable" checkbox. Then save changes and reboot.
Old 29 September 2005, 20:03   #3
Flachkoepper

thomas, you are right, that was my mistake ... - I was absolutely blind and did not see that damned tiny hook, shame on me

Thank you for your very fast reply, now everything is working!!!!