English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 28 July 2016, 05:12   #41
Pyromania

I like the game and may order, how long till it's available for sure?
Old 29 July 2016, 19:52   #42
Selur

I found a low-color good style gfx concept for Reshoot [ Show youtube player ].
Only few grey plus red/yellow colors should looks fine.
Old 01 August 2016, 20:39   #43
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
I found a low-color good style gfx concept for Reshoot
Make your own game.
Old 02 August 2016, 03:20   #44
SKOLMAN_MWS

[ Show youtube player ]

non-AGA
Old 02 August 2016, 14:41   #45
NeoHippie2016
Freak

I expect tensily the New work of R. Löwenstein and am one that which invested a monthly amount of completion of the Software. I am glad, in any case, about a fantastic New Shoot Em Up!!!! Yeah!
Old 02 August 2016, 15:13   #46
roondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKOLMAN_MWS View Post
[ Show youtube player ]

non-AGA
You can't compare Elfmania to this game.

The reason RESHOOT has fewer apparent colours is (as far as I understand the thread so far) simple: it uses the remaining colour registers to add lots of neat transparancy effects. This is an artistic choice. You may or may not agree with it, but fact is that RESHOOT remade for OCS/ECS will not look nearly as good as it does now.

Really, making a game is all about choosing where to compromise what. If you think it can be done better, try it yourself first. I did that, once. And it turned out to be a lot harder to do well than I thought. I'm still not fully happy about that result.
Old 02 August 2016, 20:48   #47
Selur

Yeap this is not good comparison, Reshoot is scrolling shmup and Elfmania is beat'em up.
Old 04 August 2016, 23:45   #48
warfalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoHippie2016 View Post
I expect tensily the New work of R. Löwenstein and am one that which invested a monthly amount of completion of the Software. I am glad, in any case, about a fantastic New Shoot Em Up!!!! Yeah!
this is the right attitude, anything else is just pure bitching and totally out of place.
Old 05 August 2016, 01:26   #49
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
Yeap this is not good comparison, Reshoot is scrolling shmup and Elfmania is beat'em up.
Beat'em'up or not, there are a few games only, both OCS/ECS and AGA that can compare to Elfmania's outstanding artistic design and technical excellence. That aside, the general notion that an AGA game HAS to look "better" than an OCS one -which I assume, @Skolman's example is based upon- is totally wrong and an outright generalisation.

As mentioned above, in the case of Reshoot and many other games alike it's all about compromises really. The game's low color count is done first and foremost to compensate for the large amount of objects seen on screen (in some situations you can really count more than 40 bullets at once!), plus some really huge enemy bobs, the aforementioned transparancy effects and all those done under smooth, 50fps scrolling/animation.
Old 05 August 2016, 11:10   #50
buzzybee

As the coder of the game, may I participate in this thread?

First of all thanks to all who are interested in RESHOOT. Please, let me explain some details regarding the graphics: Most basic objects are made of 8 colors aka 3 bitplanes. But this is only the half truth. Within the game, they are blitted into 3 bitplane view and then mixed with another 4 bitplane view. This gives a nice parallax effect plus a nice and subtle color fade plus lots of colors plus tons of objects. I´d say approx. 128 colors in 50 frames per second, with sometimes close to 80 sprites and enough BOBs to keep your adrenaline level high. Not too many Amiga-games do that.

I find comparing RESHOOT to Elfmania (why not Lionheart, while are are at it?) a little bit odd, but yes - of course in the whole lifetime of the Amiga, there were some games that looked more colorful than RESHOOT. But there also were a lot more not-so-great games, with sloppy framerate and all kinds of other problems. As former editor of Germanys biggest Amiga-games magazine Amiga Joker, believe me: I´ve played them all. Even the not-so-well-known-but-still-great-ones like Mega Typhoon.

With RESHOOT the target was to aim for a stylish, smooth playing and motivating little shoot´em-up. The aim was NOT to have the bestlooking presentation and greatest content on the Amiga ever. Let me explain the most important reason for this. I wanted to set myself goals which fit my life. Goals which I and the guys in my team could actually reach. There were / are way too many game-projects too ambitious, which never got completed because people totally underestimate the hard work which is involved in making a fulfilling game.

But RESHOOT is here. It´s playable and entertaining. So Invent, thanks for your kind word. Same goes for you. It was great to work with you and most importantly – finish the project. Thanks to you and some others involved, RESHOOT is actually here to order, play and support the Amiga.
Old 05 August 2016, 12:38   #51
Overflow

@buzzybee

Thanks for you efforts, and a what appears to be smoothrunning stable fps game!

As for the graphics, thats a highly subjective discussion.
I personally am of the "minimalistic design" crowd, you should just look at my newly refurbished cellar, it looks like a padded room, all white
So the RESHOOT design is just up my alley!

One question; will I be able to burn myself a ISO, mount it with DiskImageGUI and play the game from there? I do have a CD rom on my A1200, but for the most part I keep it disconnected from the A1200 for neatness. I guess I should mod, plan the inside of my A1200 better to fit my Slimline CDrom.
But if I could play with mounted ISO, then that takes care of that.

Also, a harddrive version, digital download version is also something I would pre-order for. Like with Amiga Racer, the coder sent me a code to unlock the game etc.

Anyhow, I will most likely order this game regardless of your answer to my questions above.

Good job, and I hope to see more from you and your crew! (Maybe with the Vampire in mind? )
Old 05 August 2016, 13:41   #52
buzzybee

@Overflow: Don´t know about DiskImageGUI and all that.
But you can simply copy the game from CD-ROM to Harddrive. Should run nicely. :-)
Old 05 August 2016, 14:07   #53
Overflow

Perfect! Expect a order today or tomorrow when I get back home!
Old 05 August 2016, 14:40   #54
Asman

@buzzybee
Respect to finish the project. I have question. Is demo version will be freely available ?
Old 05 August 2016, 14:51   #55
buzzybee

One old demoversion is freely available here:

https://www.patreon.com/file?h=5148830&i=390747

I consider it more of a betademo by now, since the actual game looks different in many ways and also runs on highend-configs, whereas the demo needs a 68020-cpu.

There will be no additional demo. I suspect there will be Letsplayers putting a video on youtube though.
Old 05 August 2016, 15:05   #56
DamienD
Banned

Hi there buzzybee,

As others have asked, will there be a digital download version available for purchase?

I don't really want a box / CD-ROM and all that jazz. Just either some .ADFs or hard drive install files
Old 05 August 2016, 15:08   #57
buzzybee

Get the CD-ROM, copy the contents to your harddrive. No need for harddrive install files. Give the booklet and the jewelcase to someone who likes it – or just bin it. So easy.
Old 05 August 2016, 21:22   #58
vulture

@buzzybee

hehe, ok....I suppose, all us asking for a digital version, what we're saying is, will you make it available as a download at a cheaper price since the cost will be lower (no case, no booklet, no postage)? I'm quite sure everyone (?) here already knows that he/she can copy the contents and get rid of the rest somehow.
Old 06 August 2016, 05:51   #59
buzzybee

Oh, so if one wants a cheaper game: Let me tell you the price tag does not reflect all the efforts that went into the game. The game is well worth the price. And its also far cheaper than Amiga Originals were in the past.

Besides, digital releases are about the same price as discversions on PC, PS4 or Xbox - same goes for RESHOOT on the Amiga, if once there will be a digital release.

Its not about the disc. Its about paying respect to all who are involved in making the game.
Old 06 August 2016, 10:14   #60
Cobe

I don't wanna complain. I'm happy were I am. But I'm sorry that I never was and never will be in a position to pay respects cause 36e(or other usual Amiga game prices) doesn't sound too much to you and majority of Amiga users coming from EU, USA, Oz.. but unfortunately here it is.