English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 27 May 2008, 17:01   #21
Macca
Zone Friend

Funnily enough that's exactly what I'm thinking of doing next year. Have the loft converted then it will be my domain. No one will dare enter!

M.
Old 27 May 2008, 18:32   #22
chiark
Needs a life

I heartily recommend it. A friend converted his a little while after and he's christened it the pr0n lopht... Mine contains only the stuff that Zetr0 and EVO car magazine enthusiasts would find arousing

Unfortunately my youngest son (18 months old) now sees ladders as a challenge and is adept at climbing them. Unfortunately descending isn't quite something he's mastered.
Old 28 May 2008, 06:19   #23
Techx

very funny we are all in the same situation.. i have a nice office with loads of pcs and my amigas set up but my wife is expecting in the winter and i will have to do something about all of it, but i always regretted selling my c128 when I was a kid, no way I'd ever part with my amigas.. you do have to make sacrifices for your children but we have the right to our own space and things we enjoy in life as well, it's a balance between the two
Old 28 May 2008, 08:11   #24
Macca
Zone Friend

I'm lucky that myself and the wife don't want kids. So more space for me and my computers! Once the loft and workbenches are completed I'm literally having a row of computers (C64 / Amiga 1200 / 2000 and whatever else I can lay my hands on).

Can't wait but it will be about a year!

M.
Old 28 May 2008, 16:27   #25
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techx View Post
very funny we are all in the same situation.. i have a nice office with loads of pcs and my amigas set up but my wife is expecting in the winter and i will have to do something about all of it, but i always regretted selling my c128 when I was a kid, no way I'd ever part with my amigas.. you do have to make sacrifices for your children but we have the right to our own space and things we enjoy in life as well, it's a balance between the two
I find it funny how things as small as the Amiga & C64 in size, need to be sold up in order to make room for something else. In all honesty i think its just women trying to change us to the point of where we are no longer us, but somebody they are molding us into becoming, which has its good points and bad points.

In this case, its a "bad" point.
Old 28 May 2008, 16:30   #26
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002 View Post
I find it funny how things as small as the Amiga & C64 in size, need to be sold up in order to make room for something else. In all honesty i think its just women trying to change us to the point of where we are no longer us, but somebody they are molding us into becoming, which has its good points and bad points.

In this case, its a "bad" point.
blade0002 very well said old chap!

Here is my phone number 555-ICUTYOURBALLSOFF. Would you call my missus and explain that theory to her....
Old 28 May 2008, 16:47   #27
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDNI View Post
blade0002 very well said old chap!

Here is my phone number 555-ICUTYOURBALLSOFF. Would you call my missus and explain that theory to her....
Too late, already lost my balls to another one of those vindictive manipulative creatures called Women

About the only thing left if my Twizzle Stick and i am kind of keen on keeping that for now, but thanks for the offer
Old 28 May 2008, 17:26   #28
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

We should probably not offer bodyparts to DDNI's missus anyway... that's a road we shouldn't take
Old 28 May 2008, 17:33   #29
Ironclaw
Banned

Sell it all and use WinUAE with your PC. Will give you more space, money, cheaper bills.. etc etc etc.
Old 28 May 2008, 18:01   #30
chiark
Needs a life

Cheaper bills? Just out of interest, on what basis are you making that statement?

Not on energy bills... An A1200 power supply is a 23W device. Running a decent PC that can emulate all that well is going to consume a little more than 23w

WinUAE is a great proposition for the Amiga, but to me there is something beautiful about old hardware - hence why I collect it .
Old 28 May 2008, 18:55   #31
Harrison
classicamiga.com

We have to all stick together as males and stand firm against women! We will not give up our Amigas! I know my soon to be wife will continue to pursue the attempt to downsize my study so that it eventually fits into the corner of the living room behind the door! But she won't succeed. While we have two spare bedrooms in the house I do not see a need to have both occupied by unused beds!

As for converting a study into a kids play room! Why? Surely they can play in their bedrooms! I think parents deserve a play room more than the kids!
Old 28 May 2008, 19:22   #32
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
We have to all stick together as males and stand firm against women! We will not give up our Amigas! I know my soon to be wife will continue to pursue the attempt to downsize my study so that it eventually fits into the corner of the living room behind the door! But she won't succeed. While we have two spare bedrooms in the house I do not see a need to have both occupied by unused beds!

As for converting a study into a kids play room! Why? Surely they can play in their bedrooms! I think parents deserve a play room more than the kids!
!!!!!HERE HERE!!!!!
Old 28 May 2008, 20:02   #33
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiark View Post
Cheaper bills? Just out of interest, on what basis are you making that statement?

Not on energy bills... An A1200 power supply is a 23W device. Running a decent PC that can emulate all that well is going to consume a little more than 23w

WinUAE is a great proposition for the Amiga, but to me there is something beautiful about old hardware - hence why I collect it .
I'm basing that on the fact that probably every person today has a PC. You have Amigas+PC, remove Amiga and play Amiga on PC = cheaper electricity bills as only one computer instead of several is needed in each household.
Old 28 May 2008, 20:18   #34
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw View Post
I'm basing that on the fact that probably every person today has a PC. You have Amigas+PC, remove Amiga and play Amiga on PC = cheaper electricity bills as only one computer instead of several is needed in each household.
Sure, and this 1.21 gigawatts Amigas costs thousands once a month.
Old 28 May 2008, 20:38   #35
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Sure, and this 1.21 gigawatts Amigas costs thousands once a month.
Just saying it's cheaper to have a PC than a PC+more computers ... then it's more space etc again.
Old 28 May 2008, 20:58   #36
twizzle

i totaly agree with all the above statements,
regarding women wanting what they want us to become, and telling us men what & where & when & how we must conform to there rules

what about what we want ?

they want us to get rid o`ve all our hobbies and other things that we like to do,so that they can dictate our live`s

talk about give and take
Old 28 May 2008, 21:08   #37
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizzle View Post
i totaly agree with all the above statements,
regarding women wanting what they want us to become, and telling us men what & where & when & how we must conform to there rules

what about what we want ?

they want us to get rid o`ve all our hobbies and other things that we like to do,so that they can dictate our live`s

talk about give and take

That's why I'm single... I hate women! ... love girls...... and I will never ever get married... 101% sure. I've learned from the best - Al Bundy.

But unlike alot of men, I won't succumb to womens orders... if they want me to do something and I don't feel like it.. I SAY so...
Old 28 May 2008, 21:16   #38
StarEye
Zone Friend

Quote:
I've learned from the best - Al Bundy.
Oh, hi there Bud!
Old 28 May 2008, 21:30   #39
twizzle

Quote:
That's why I'm single... I hate women! ... love girls...... and I will never ever get married... 101% sure. I've learned from the best - Al Bundy.

But unlike alot of men, I won't succumb to womens orders... if they want me to do something and I don't feel like it.. I SAY so...
thats why i am now single again and have been for the past 20 years
my front room is my play room
and if i want to stay out late fishing, I can (now) without any ear ache
Old 28 May 2008, 22:21   #40
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizzle View Post
thats why i am now single again and have been for the past 20 years
my front room is my play room
and if i want to stay out late fishing, I can (now) without any ear ache
Good for you, there are not many smart people like us. Most people think about their appearence and falls for the "social images", that everyone should have a GF or they are afraid to be considered gay and stuff... and that everyone should be married etc.. lol.. not me .

I'm FREE! and I'm lovin' it.