English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 14 July 2011, 16:02   #161
Bloodwych

What rulz mfilos are your hardware setups plus those magical touches you add to the ClassicWB.
Old 15 July 2011, 01:20   #162
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
Thanks for the useful feedback NovaCoder. I'll look into all that. Never tried Amplifier, but if it's better and causes no issues then I will replace.
Yep Amplifier is the default OS3.9 audio player so you won't need to include it in your packs (unless of course you can update it to the newer version for people [part of BB3]).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
Thanks I wish iBrowse didn't require registering, but I tend to shy away from including software that requires registration apart from WHDLoad. They are both pretty average for websurfing anyway, but I will consider and try out iBrowse if that's what 99% Classic Amiga users use.
Yep web browsing on classics is pretty much a waste of time with any browser but iBrowse is the pick of the bunch and the key file thing is just crazy for software that you can no longer buy (and never will be able to buy again).
Old 29 July 2011, 16:11   #163
Bloodwych

Of course, silly me! Amplifier is part of OS3.9 so Songplayer, which I've used for 3.5 and below for MP3 playback, can be removed if it no longer serves a purpose. I'll look into it next round - plus iBrowse.

I'm also going to add an enable/disable option during the install for Cyberbugfix, warning about how it breaks ScummVM. Then people can make an informed choice to run it from the start and be aware of the issue.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 29 July 2011 at 16:21.
Old 20 August 2011, 01:07   #164
sir_inferno

Thanks for ClassicWB, Bloodwych! I've only used it for 5 minutes and can already see how it's saved me hours of grief and boredom.

One thing which caught me up was getting multiple "bad zipfile offset" errors during installation. Perhaps you could put a list of the most common causes in your FAQ section? I ask this because whilst zipping in windows etc. may be the most common cause, in my case it was a MaxTransfer issue with my CF 'hard drive' which wasn't readily apparent to a novice Amiga user like myself and it might help someone in future.

Anyway, thanks again for your hard work!

Old 01 September 2011, 13:00   #165
Bloodwych

Thanks for the feedback sir inferno.

I'll certainly try to remember to add that to the FAQ - you are right, it is a very common error that deserves to be in there.
Old 13 September 2011, 01:43   #166
NovaCoder

Hiya,

Looks like CPU specific versions of CopyMem() and CopyMemQuick() might be worthy additions for a future release.

Old 19 October 2011, 11:11   #167
DH
Global Moderator

Bloodwych my old mucka

I installed your version of ClassicWB P96 along with your Config file installed everything perfectly with no problems until I ran WB for the first time. Now bare in mind this is not a problem with it, but it's just a small tweak that I think you need to adjust in your config file.

Ahem!

DirectDraw is set in Miscellaneous/Graphics API (WinUAE 2.3.3) This has proven to be far to slow.

As soon as I changed it to Direct3D it runs as smooth as an Amiga should, so my guess is that your config file needs updating to use Direct3D instead, certainly for this version of WinUAE. Of course WinUAE older versions may run perfectly OK using DirectDraw, so maybe a note explaining this would suffice

Other than that, marvellous work, it's AWESOME!!!
Old 19 October 2011, 15:39   #168
Bloodwych

Thanks for the heads up DemonHellraiser.

Yes indeed the ClassicWB config files are getting long in the tooth and it looks like they need updating for the latest WinUAE.

I never would have realized without your feedback, so much appreciated. I'll try and get them updated soon along with updating WHDLoad to the non-beta v17.

Thanks for the kind words.
Old 02 November 2011, 17:34   #169
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Hi Bloodwych,

Just wondered if you had ever considered creating a WB Boot intro like the one Amisys uses?

It's a purely cosmetic feature but the boot screen Amisys uses together with the little jingle does look and sound pretty cool - although I know some people will just say it's a Windows type feature, a Classic WB version would be fun...

Just a thought... :-)
Old 03 November 2011, 10:34   #170
Bloodwych

Thanks for the suggestion Peter.

I'm kind of running out of things to add to the packs now, so you never know I might add it as an install option in the next version! As you said, intro screens/music are not for everyone.

Also might add some more wallpapers. Just have to see how I feel when I get around to updating.
Old 07 November 2011, 06:06   #171
CritAnime

Just wanted to say I am in love with the 86k versions of ClassicWB. And the GAAE version... it obvious a lot of love and passion has gone into it.
Old 08 November 2011, 21:54   #172
Bloodwych

Cheers CritAnime, thanks for popping by.
Old 10 November 2011, 06:32   #173
Synthesize Me
Amigaholics Anonymous

Plain and simple: Classic WB freaking rules!
It really makes it easier and more fun for people new to the scene to get into the classic hardware and also saves everybody a lot of time and effort. You really made a big impact on the scene by doing this and also ensured that the Amiga lives on or even gets discovered for the first time in some cases!
I, and I'm sure many of us, can't thank you enough Bloodwych!
Old 28 January 2012, 05:44   #174
Timmy91

Congrats for the latest release!

Have you ever considered doing a version for Amiga Forever? I like the way you can just click on the AmigaSys and AmiKit titles in Amiga Forever, and installation is automatic and fast. Today they released the AmiKit 1.6 update, and it was just two clicks to get that running.

Old 28 January 2012, 11:45   #175
Anemos
70X7

thanks for your work Bloodwych
Old 29 January 2012, 16:02   #176
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Thanks for the updates Bloodwych - you da man
Old 05 February 2012, 10:37   #177
lolafg

Wanted to thank you for the V27 releases , i've now the 68K 1.3 theme in my Minimig and the 68K 3.1 in my Chameleon !!
Will do a video today as it's snowing a lot in France....

Thanks again
Old 08 May 2012, 14:11   #178
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Classic WB is great on my A1200 2mb..
Thanks Blood..
Old 10 May 2012, 05:41   #179
desiv

Should have posted here before, but didn't notice this thread.
I've been using ClassicWB FULL on my A1200 (now with an ACA1230/28) for a bit now.
Love it!
Thanx for putting this together!!

Just installed Tool Manager on it for a DOCK application.
I finally got that configured and I must admit, I really like that.
Might be worth looking at installing it and configuring it with a default of a few apps, like DirOPUS, iGame, etc.. Maybe leave it disabled, but if someone enables it, it comes up with a few prepopulated icons.
(The initial config can be a bit confusing if you don't read the manual, which I didn't ;-)

Anyway, love ClassicWB!

desiv
Old 17 May 2012, 00:44   #180
Leandro Jardim

Bloodwych, I keep playing with ClassicWB Lite all the day! I love your 1.3 themed Workbench versions!