English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 11 July 2007, 15:04   #1
coze
hastala vista winny vista

Send a message via ICQ to coze Send a message via Yahoo to coze
FS: Retina Z2 and Z3 & 500/2000 megachip

Up for sale I have two boards, a Retina Z2 and Z3. Both of them are 4mb boards, tested and working. The Z2 comes with floppies and manual. Z3 comes with nothing You'll want to use picasso96 or cybergraphX with it anyway so I chose to send the floppies to Z2 buyer.

EDIT : The Z3 board is sold. So only the Z2 is for sale.

Here are some piccies ! (I love showing off my HARDware)

Z2 with manual and floppies

A closer look:

A view of the ZIP ram:

Z2 Retina Avail result with SysSpeed Sysinfo on the background:

Retina Z3 winking and smiling at its future master:

Z3 Retina Avail result with SysSpeed Sysinfo on the background (I have no idea why 700k is used):

My A4000 setup with multiscan productivity mode (gotta love Classic Workbench ! Thanks goes to BloodWych !):

Choosing a Retina mode (Picasso96 installed):

Arrrgh my LCD is screaming with pain ! change modes quick !

How about this mode ?

Bah, too small to read, so settle down at 1120x832:

Yay, all is great ! looks awesome though notice copper effect is not working (naturally) !

Anyway, I'm selling these babies cause I'll go cybervisionPPC. Asking price is 60$ for Z2 and 110$ for Z3, all including shipping. The Z2 you need to use with Retina EMU. It seems pretty interesting cause it 'intercepts' screens and attempts to promote them to a Retina mode. It didn't work on my A4000 because I use a custom kickstart (3.9). It also complains about kickstart with my A3000 (3.1), but kind of works. I was able to view sysinfo, octamed and other intuition based apps with Retina EMU. It works with some games, Eye of the beholder 1-2(artifacts seen, but works with continous refresh at rate 0.2 seconds), Pirates (works but unplayable), SSI CRPG games (pools of radiance, curse of the azure bonds, etc). (RetinaEMU doesn't work with whdload games, I dunno why). This is great cause you can use these programs on a proper screen without the use of a scandoubler ! Actually it's better than a scandoubler cause it doesn't just double the Horizontal rate. It changes the whole picture with new horizontal and vertical rates (and a different size) Anyway have a look at this :

Anyway that's it ! Add 10$ for EMS shipping which gives insurance, tracking, and super-fast delivery and everything good. I will add more screen with RetinaEMU as I explore.

Last edited by coze; 11 July 2007 at 17:26. Reason: SOLD
Old 11 July 2007, 15:59   #2
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

PM sent for the Retina Z3!
Old 11 July 2007, 16:28   #3
coze

Edit : The megachip module is sold !

Ok, the Z3 is reserve to Dr Bong !

Oops I forgot to add the megachip module. It's one of those modules to give 2mb chip ram to your A500/2000. It's tested and working, though it comes with an NTSC agnus. PAL folks will need to secure a PAL agnus to use it with your boards. It's up for grabs for 50$. (shipped)

Last edited by coze; 11 July 2007 at 17:25. Reason: SOLD
Old 11 July 2007, 16:28   #4
BinoX
Miggy Man

If the retina Z2 isn't gone by next month (1st of August) then I'll have it
Old 11 July 2007, 17:17   #5
coze

Retina Z3 and Megachip module are sold !

Ok, here's some sexy retina emu shots with Retina Z2, so you know what you're getting ... And I want to show off how good it is for some programs.

Eye of the beholder 2

mostly fine but some artifacts here and there ...

pirates in the realm of ZEN ...

arrgh ...

zombie beggar ...

curse of the azure bonds (here I figured out how to display the frequency of the coming signal)

ok here's octamed ... This is native A3000 output without scandoubling. Notice how my lcd screams because the frequencies are out of range.

Even with scandoubler enabled, I can't get rid of the error message cause vertical frequency is still out of range (cause it's 50Hz - PAL)

The only way for me to get rid of the message is to use an NTSC display (which gives vertical 60Hz) and turn on the scandoubler

still the bottom part of the screen is cropped, so it's quite annoying ... (compare with PAL screen)

Now, enter the Retina Z2 ! It gives a 43kHz horizontal 70Hz vertical signal which is just perfect ! and no cropping or whatever ...

Old 11 July 2007, 17:25   #6
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@coze
I would have nabbed the Retina Z2 as well if it worked perfectly under KS3.1, simply just to check out the "mode promotion" feature. Got KS 3.1 on all my Amigas. Just as well I suppose......think I've blown the budget for the month as it is! Anyway, I've just sent the PayPal payment for the Retina Z3 and Megachip. Please let me know when the gear goes out in the mail. Cheers!

Last edited by DrBong; 11 July 2007 at 17:31.
Old 11 July 2007, 17:34   #7
coze

DrBong, your items will ship tomorrow morning (Japan time, which shouldn't be much different than Australia time I guess ?).

Actually the Z2 works fine under 3.1, it's the Retina EMU program which creates problems. It didn't work with my A4000 cause I have a custom 3.9 rom (OS 3.9 rom updates burnt into the rom, for more details, see here). When you run it, it makes a check for the kickstart, and in case of kickstart 3.1 it complains about kickrom being not supported yet, but starts and works normally as far as I can tell. And in the case of my kickrom it doesn't even start. Maybe the kickstart check can be patched, but I don't know. Also, I couldn't use the RetinaEMU program with Z3 on my A4000 because of the kickstart.
Old 11 July 2007, 17:45   #8
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coze View Post
DrBong, your items will ship tomorrow morning (Japan time, which shouldn't be much different than Australia time I guess ?).

Great!

Quote:
Actually the Z2 works fine under 3.1, it's the Retina EMU program which creates problems. It didn't work with my A4000 cause I have a custom 3.9 rom (OS 3.9 rom updates burnt into the rom, for more details, see here). When you run it, it makes a check for the kickstart, and in case of kickstart 3.1 it complains about kickrom being not supported yet, but starts and works normally as far as I can tell. And in the case of my kickrom it doesn't even start. Maybe the kickstart check can be patched, but I don't know. Also, I couldn't use the RetinaEMU program with Z3 on my A4000 because of the kickstart.

Yeh, it would be the RetinaEMU functions that I would be interested in using, but almost all my Amigas have KS3.1.

BTW you talk of a custom KS rom for your A4000. I gather you have an eprom burner? If so, you wouldn't by chance be able to burn the latest Z3 Fastlane firmware? (I remember you selling a Fastlane a little while back). If you can, what's your fee (PM me if you prefer)?
Old 11 July 2007, 17:48   #9
coze

Ok, I was looking at the manual and confirm the sysinfo reading. Another nifty feature of the Retina Z2 is that it doesn't take up Zorro-2 space. Although it has 4mb ram installed, it uses only 128k of Zorro-2 space. Z3 configures the ram as a continous block though since Zorro-3 space is sufficiently large. So don't worry if you have lots of Zorro-2 cards.
Old 11 July 2007, 18:30   #10
coze

Last but not least (well, maybe it is the least) I have Dopus 5 for sale. Floppy, manual, registration (includes serial). I'm selling it because .... aargh it's shit. Dopus 4 is much mroe better. Anyway, it still has some fans, and if you're one of those suckers, send me 20$ and it's yours. Or I'm gonna burn it or something.

(image edited to hide serial)
Old 11 July 2007, 18:31   #11
coze

Last but not least (well, maybe it is the least) I have Dopus 5 for sale. Floppy, manual, registration (includes serial). I'm selling it because .... aargh it's shit. Dopus 4 is much better. Anyway, it still has some fans, and if you're one of those suckers, send me 20$ and it's yours. Or I'm gonna burn it or something.

(image edited to hide serial)
Old 11 July 2007, 21:58   #12
BinoX
Miggy Man

lol.. If you don't sell it, stick it in with the Retina Z2 if I get that (and drop the price to $15 (Bulk purchase discount ))
Old 12 July 2007, 01:50   #13
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@binox

you really are going for the "Power Buyer" title arn`t you this month LOL

the good news is you will be broke next month and all those amiga bargins will be mine... MUWAHAHAHHAHA.... ahhh... hang on.... you would of bought them all last month
Old 12 July 2007, 03:00   #14
coze

Binox, you can get it with the Z2 for 10$

Last edited by coze; 12 July 2007 at 03:26.
Old 12 July 2007, 09:57   #15
BinoX
Miggy Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
@binox

you really are going for the "Power Buyer" title arn`t you this month LOL

the good news is you will be broke next month and all those amiga bargins will be mine... MUWAHAHAHHAHA.... ahhh... hang on.... you would of bought them all last month
lol.. I got a wedding (mine) next August, so from about September onwards I'm gunna be short on cash, so I'm spending while I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by coze View Post
Binox, you can get it with the Z2 for 10$
Cool thx ^_^ Hopefully I will get it then