English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. Blitz Basic

Old 12 August 2018, 13:21   #21
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrion View Post
@earok
thanks for your work. I will use it with VSCode on my Mac It even kinda works now but I still have one issue. After the SuperTED start I can't get rid of the welcome splash window with OKEE DOKEE buton and thus the TED can't load the file. Is there a way to get rid of this window automatically so the file loads?

I also don't quite understand how to deal with ascii files and the .xtra config files so I don't have to change number of SHAPES for example in the compiler config.
Cheers! Thanks for confirming it works on Mac.

Re: getting rid of window, I want to know that myself.

Re; ASCII thing, you just need to do something like this

Code:
Copy asciisource.bb2 tokensource.bb2
Blitz2 tokensource.bb2
Asciisource is what you edit and save in visual studio code. Since you're not overwriting the token source xtra file when you copy, you can save that to keep your Max shapes settings etc.
Old 12 August 2018, 13:26   #22
earok

Slightly off topic, but if the superted source is available somewhere (or at least the ted source), presumably we can remove the acknowledgement window and add more features for auto build etc? Can anyone confirm or deny?
Old 12 August 2018, 13:41   #23
carrion

@earok
thanks for quick reply.
The thing with splash window is that I can't
go any further and I can't close it either. On WB screen I have other requester saying:

I'm attempting to close my screen.
Please close all visitors windows
RETRY

but the thing is I can't close any requester or window... hm
Old 12 August 2018, 16:53   #24
idrougge

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
However, some odd quirks - when I quit the game, I still have the "Okee Dokee" and "!PANIC!" windows open, and I can't seem to dismiss them?
Did you end your program with "End"?

Quote:
Slightly off topic, but if the superted source is available somewhere (or at least the ted source), presumably we can remove the acknowledgement window and add more features for auto build etc? Can anyone confirm or deny?
There is source for SuperTED here: http://www.david-mcminn.co.uk/blitz-2000/archives/bss/

However, I don't know if it's complete enough to be compiled.
Old 13 August 2018, 11:12   #25
MickGyver

Quote:
Hey, that's pretty cool. So, I've got my execute script to include

Code:
run blitz2:blitz2
SYS:REXXC/waitForPort TED_REXX1
SYS:REXXC/rx "address TED_REXX1; SHOWSCREEN"
SYS:REXXC/rx "address TED_REXX1; ACTIVATE"
SYS:REXXC/rx "address TED_REXX1; LOADNEW 'build.bb'"
SYS:REXXC/rx "address TED_REXX1; COMPILE 'build.bb'"
Which runs the game! So I can test the game with the CTRL+SHIFT+B shortcut combination with visual studio code. (To be clear, "Blitz2" here is superted, not ted)

However, some odd quirks - when I quit the game, I still have the "Okee Dokee" and "!PANIC!" windows open, and I can't seem to dismiss them?
The way I have things setup is I only have one configuration in WinUAE. I run WinUAE using that config and then run SuperTED manually once (this could be automated but I don't know how to remove the nag screen of TED either so). Once SuperTED is running I can leave it running and just load/reload and compile bb2 files via a batch file/arexx script by pressing CTRL+F5 in Notepad++. The batch file will copy the bb2 file, load/compile the copy via an arexx script and set focus to WinUAE.

To be able to run Arexx scripts in WinUAE from Windows (no OSX version) I made a tool. It is found in this package: http://www.gamephase.net/files/linke...-tools-v10.zip

Everything is explained in detail under "Setting up automation" in this pdf: http://gamephase.net/files/linked/BB...HowTo-v1.3.pdf

This method should otherwise work according to your instructions on setting up the build shortcut in VS Code, the things that differ are how things are set up in WinUAE etc.