English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 14 January 2020, 01:27   #1
drluking

how to KILL powerpc.library ^?^

hi

I need to kill powerpc.library (and warp.library , warpHW.library) after they are loaded (WarpUP software) in AmigaOS3.x, if It's possible

I have tried many stuff apps/tools in aminet, but they can't kill/flush these type of libraries

I need for this reason (compatibility problems with some games in WHDLoad, when these libraries are loaded in AmigaOS3.x) :

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=100388
Old 14 January 2020, 01:35   #2
Hedeon
PPC Hacker

I would guess that that cannot be done as opening it also sets up the WarpOS PPC kernel which relies on those libraries. Why not just remove powerpc.library from libs: ?
Old 14 January 2020, 17:45   #3
drluking

damn ...

the best solution would be to fix the problem in WHDLoad (I tried to contact them, let's see if they answer me)

I thought about moving the powerpc.library and running it when necessary (I'm using cyberstormppc, but I could also use your solution to create a powerpc folder in libs: as in the case of your Sonnet library), but the problem would still remain, because if I run a WarpUP program or game, I would then have to restart the amiga in order to correctly use some games in WHDload (for example Lionheart)

For example I tried to give a simple load of the powerpc.library with libman command (fount in aminet), even without adding any variable in ENVARC: powerpc, but as soon as I run some games WHDload the problem arises

Old 14 January 2020, 17:58   #4
Hedeon
PPC Hacker

Maybe the 68K MMU gets manipulated by one of the libs. Not sure.