English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 17 December 2019, 14:23   #61
somacast

^^^

in fact what you are saying about whdload versions is absolutely correct, because every different version that I tried so far has its own ok and not ok , so I will give this a try .. thnx
Old 18 December 2019, 00:46   #62
somacast

ok whdload 18.3 didn't make a change , in fact a few working games stopped working on it ..

anyway some games work , some don't, some work in a partition and if i move it to another it doesn't, even behavior of lha extraction tool is weired , all of a sudden all errors on last file of each archive..

no idea where is the problem, good that i found some pre installed games in .zip format so i extracted them on pc and worked here ..

well not sure what is going on

still trying stage, shall report more ..
Old 19 December 2019, 18:56   #63
somacast

ok there is a puzzle which I can't solve ..

how comes that a game which was extracted from .lha in Amiga itself on partition dh1 , and works there .. once copied by diskmaster (either the folder only or even with .info) or dragged manually from dh1 to dh2 .. it doesn't work there !! what wrong am I doing!!

I tried running lha tool , it doesn't extract files , last one gives I/O error as it says !!

Am I doing something wrong here ?

btw , many games from those .zip i downloaded and unpackedon pc , are working , crazy cars 3 worked , arknoid worked , backlash worked then amiga freezes with both led and power lights on without blinking, altered beast looks like a bad or manipulated copy its glitch with many monsters on screen, and a few others worked as well can't recall all games
Old 19 December 2019, 19:49   #64
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Perhaps depends how you formatted your system drives. If DH1 is fast file system, but DH2 is PFS3 AIO, then this must be a file system issue. If all the drives are PFS3, it must be a Direct SCSI issue. Maybe your SCSI card is faulty, and no amount of software can fix that? For example, if a memory buffer chip on your SCSI card is faulty, it will fall over as soon as the card buffer is full and bring up an error. Im beginning to suspect this is a hardware issue, and I hope you send Toni the V1.9 Roms on your card that he asked for in a PM. This means he can look and see the software side but not the hardware.

It might seem strange, but if you can find an IDE card or solution, at least you can try with cheap SD CF cards and those dont need SCSI buffering and are happy to run from system memory with Addbuffers.

edit: Perhaps its a good idea to check the card. Switch off the machine, unplug the power and put on some rubber dish cleaning gloves. Now take out the card and press firmly on the top of all the chips. Look for any caps which are slightly domed. Even with a small done, this will change the voltages on the card and so one bad cap can mean a totally bad card. Look for any dust on the card (dust can transmit electricity sometimes, as flecks of carpet get mixed in with it, and we know carpet is not anti-static). If the card seems in top condition, try it in a different Zorro slot. As you say, this is an I/O error (input/output coruption).

Last edited by lifeschool; 19 December 2019 at 20:26.
Old 19 December 2019, 22:38   #65
somacast

thank you very much.

for the format system , all of them are pfs3

for the hardware visual inspection , since I have decent experience in this part, I did that including caps , fitting of ICs etc, its not that.

tried the card on 2 slots already , wouldn't mind trying a third although its pointless.

I did send him the file long time ago, and he said in one of his replies here that it seems that this card doesn't accept more than 1 gb using this driver, accordingly I formatted only 990mb of my hdd , still no significant difference.

I will see what can be done, i don't prefer IDE solutions currently since i do already have a scsi cd rom and hdd..
Old 20 December 2019, 17:12   #66
somacast

what does this whdload error message mean?

function 'resload_decrunch' has failed to decrunch data.

in another game (airborne ranger) the game plays until some point in menus i get the same error in other phrase: decrunching failed, file corrupt.

maybe a bad file .. or is it something else?

Last edited by somacast; 20 December 2019 at 17:25.
Old 22 December 2019, 21:03   #67
somacast

any volunteers to help ? lol ?

or is it just clueless?

i tried every possible. a500 rom , none working , all of them gives me that error invalid kick34005.a500 !!

i can't even test further games like this ,
Old 22 December 2019, 21:09   #68
DamienD
Global Moderator

I'm sorry, but I'm really not sure how else to help you anymore...

I've even given you the verified WHDLoad ROMs, yet you say that they don't work.

Something is seriously wrong with your hardware or how things have been setup / installed.

Plus you refuse to use WinUAE to replicate your system; see if all works following the same process and then troubleshoot. This would assist you greatly but

Last edited by DamienD; 22 December 2019 at 21:14.
Old 22 December 2019, 21:55   #69
somacast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm really not sure how else to help you anymore...

I've even given you the verified WHDLoad ROMs, yet you say that they don't work.

Something is seriously wrong with your hardware or how things have been setup / installed.

Plus you refuse to use WinUAE to replicate your system; see if all works following the same process and then troubleshoot. This would assist you greatly but
Well thanks alot , you did surely help me alot , really..

lool , its not a refuse rather than just install - uninstall on my laptop , don't feel like doing it , maybe I should just put this problematic thing away and go box up my modded turbografx express,

thnx again

thread can be closed as well , its not working
Old 22 December 2019, 22:05   #70
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Yes I wish I could help you further. For some reason the the data is being corrupted, either because the drive is bad, a lack of power, or a bad card.

It doesnt help that you have an NTSC A2000+, which is a non-standard system, with 5MB. If you had 6MB like an expanded A1200 then perhaps more things would work from HDD.

The only thing I can recommend is get an internal or external GoTek drive. This loads ADFs as quickly as from HDD, and you just copy the ADFs to an ordinary SD card, insert it, and choose the game to load at boot. Not quite as convenient as a HDD but you can play all your games on it rather than use floppies.
Old 22 December 2019, 22:05   #71
DamienD
Global Moderator

There's no need to close the thread; others might have suggestions but I think it's getting quite hard to pinpoint your issues unfortunately

The problem for us people trying to help is that we don't see exactly the process you're following; just drips and drabs of information.

This is why I suggest doing the same thing in WinUAE; and you could document the steps one by one. This will help us to help you
Old 22 December 2019, 22:20   #72
somacast

@lifeschool: many thnx , i was having the same thoughts about goteck drive, thnx , funny is that the system sometimes shows PAL in sysinfo , loool , this is really funny , funnier is that it works just fine ftom floppies, lol.

@DamienD : yes you are right, sorry if i didn't explain well maybe, but i did my best with photos and even gifs videos , not planning to broadcast from my home yet , lol ..

thnx again
Old 22 December 2019, 23:58   #73
xubidoo
Scoobydoo

Maybe a possible solution is to buy "ahem" one of the many premade CF cards with everything already installed, some of the chaps that build accelerator cards such as the TF series, sell the cf cards as well,and id hazard a guess they are on ebay as well.
would solve (hopefully) all the problems you have been having, unless it is a hardware issue.
Old 23 December 2019, 00:17   #74
somacast

^^^

thnx alot for the suggestion, I believe nothing is wrong with the machine as it runs perfectly from floppies, so its either the hdd , or scsi controller issues, second one is much likely imho.. anyway thnx
Old 23 December 2019, 00:25   #75
xubidoo
Scoobydoo

thats what im suggesting, if it is just your hd/cf card then wouldnt buying 1 thats already setup and configured with workbench/games/demos tell you?

i wasnt suggesting swap your hardware or buy new, just a cf card thats already setup, if that works then great, if not then the problem is probably more hardware related.

was just an idea to save you spending dozens of hours trying to install workbench/games etc and not making much progress.
Anyway was just a thought.
Old 23 December 2019, 20:04   #76
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by somacast View Post
@lifeschool: many thnx , funny is that the system sometimes shows PAL in sysinfo , loool , this is really funny
If your machine is changing from NTSC to PAL without you going through the boot menu process, this is perhaps an issue with the Agnus chip. I would always hold both mouse buttons on power up and select PAL on your system, as this means it is most compatible with games. You CAN play NTSC games on a PAL machine, but you CANT always do this the other way around.

It looks like your issues are a combination of things so best to just work around it for now. If you sold your hardwire on ebay, you could easily have the cash for a good IDE solution. But I'd go with Gotek for Xmas.