English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 18 March 2017, 17:00   #1
ccorkin
70's Child Retro'ing!

Smile Amiga 1200 with Indivision AGA MK2cr > Dell U2410

Afternoon fellow Amigians,

I currently have an Amiga 1200 (recently just purchased from ebay - Yay!) and I have also just purchased an Indivision AGA MK2cr kit

....and it would seem that I have jumped in with both feet at the very deep end, because this is (to me a very inexperienced tech person!) a nightmare to get my head around!!!

I have had the Indivision board since the 10th March, and I have had bad-success in getting something onto my Dell U2410 monitor via a DVI>VGA cable. I am getting various screenmodes onto this with no problems its just not right (i.e half screen, very low res screen in high res window...the works). I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not getting the hang of this setup at all....so I was wondering has anyone else sorted this actual setup (Using a Dell U2410 with the Indivision)?

If so I would be more than happy to pay for the advice or config file(s)...or if you have not got the setup and would be able to create a config file for my setup, again I have no shame and would be happy to pay for your efforts!!!

What do I want to do with the setup:
  • Primarily Play games (through WHDLoad on workbench)
  • Secondary Use Workbench

Dell U2410 Specs are here

Many thanks in advance
Old 18 March 2017, 17:34   #2
Daedalus

I have a U2410 but no Indivision - the monitor is able to use the standard screenmodes without any scandoubler and just a plain D-23 to VGA cable. Of course you don't get teh nice new graphics modes that way, but for games it's fine.

As for your problem - is there any reason you're not using one of the DVI inputs on the monitor?
Old 18 March 2017, 17:44   #3
ccorkin
70's Child Retro'ing!

Thanks Daedalus for the reply,

So you're just using a 'bog' standard VGA cable with a 'Amiga RGB to VGA Monitor Adapter' or a direct Amiga 23pin to VGA cable (if so can you recall where you got it from)?

I've tried the DVI>DVI root and unless the cable I have isn't compatible it just isn't responding.

I am not after any fancy screen resolutions just enough to get the games rolling Do/Did you have to do any setup to get it on the Dell monitor? What screenmode are you using in Workbench? Are you using WHDLoad Games or direct floppy (not that it should matter I think!).....sorry for the tome of questions...just this sounds exactly what I want!

Thanks again for the reponse. C.
Old 18 March 2017, 23:06   #4
Daedalus

Hmmm, strange that it doesn't respond at all, the Indivision should be putting out some standard signals.

Yes, it's a straight D-23 to 15-pin cable - I made it myself, but one of the passive 23-15 adaptors and a standard VGA cable will be the same thing. Composite also works fine on the monitor, though the picture quality isn't great...

As for setting up, nothing special. Just plugged it in and it works. I don't tend to use Workbench on that much since it's mainly for games or testing (the Voodoo and Mediator in it gives me a 1920x1200 Workbench ), but the standard PAL 640x256 works just fine, along with the early startup screen etc.
Old 22 March 2017, 02:17   #5
powrslave
A1200

I put nova conf in the Zone for you but also check out this
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...1&postcount=78

added a collection in the zone
http://download.abime.net/zone/Mk2-config.zip

Last edited by powrslave; 22 March 2017 at 02:34.