English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 08 November 2016, 14:54   #1
Signman

Accusync 71v monitor

On the positive review by Modern vintage gamer I bought this lcd monitor.
New in box no less for $40.
So no matter what ,I will make use of it. Apparently I am the only one who can't get it to sync with my Amigas, 1200 or 500,

Usually out of range errors or will briefly show screen then blank out. After that it won't even reboot without disconnect.

Is this the culprit:
http://amigastore.eu/en/207-amiga-rg...r-adapter.html

His review
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 08 November 2016, 15:31   #2
Kin Hell
0ld0r Git

If you're booting from a hard drive, you will need to have the NTSC/PAL Monitor in your Devs\Monitors folder. I would guess that US would get NTSC as standard install, where as Europe would be PAL.

Amiga Output is 15Khz as stock & is the only screen mode your A500/1200 is capable of. Without a flickerFixer/Scan Doubler attached to your Miggys, you won't be able to run any screen mode over 15Khz.

And yes, you will need an RGB to VGA adapter for your Miggy. Looks like the one you link to allows 15Khz pass-thru and don't forget, an A500 will not do VGA modes.

Last edited by Kin Hell; 08 November 2016 at 15:45.
Old 08 November 2016, 16:00   #3
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
Amiga Output is 15Khz as stock & is the only screen mode your A500/1200 is capable of. Without a flickerFixer/Scan Doubler attached to your Miggys, you won't be able to run any screen mode over 15Khz.
Dude you need to read messages before replying.
The monitor he acquired DOES SCAN at 15Khz rate, he does not need a scandoubler or anything. Neither does your advice regarding Workbench applies.

OP: If you are having weird issues I would try another adapter first. Some fella on Amibay is selling DB23 to VGA 15 pin cables of good quality, you might want to get one:
http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php...al-23pin-conns)
That monitor doesn't seem of the greatest quality so maybe you got a dud one but before saying that you need to eliminate the possibility that the adapter is to blame.
Old 08 November 2016, 17:34   #4
Signman

P: If you are having weird issues I would try another adapter first. Some fella on Amibay is selling DB23 to VGA 15 pin cables of good quality, you might want to get one:
http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php...al-23pin-conns)
That monitor doesn't seem of the greatest quality so maybe you got a dud one but before saying that you need to eliminate the possibility that the adapter is to blame.[/QUOTE]

yes, thanks, I sent him a private message, worth trying.
It is a nice looking monitor, would look good with an Amiga.

Hooked it up to my laptop and display is not the greatest for PC with 1024 by 768 highest resolution. But for $40 and new in box would be nice as a lores option on Amiga. It will flicker in hires modes.
Old 08 November 2016, 19:18   #5
demolition
Unregistered User

You might need a buffered adapter to get a stable signal to the monitor. I don't think that AmigaKit adapter is buffered like the old C= ones.
Old 08 November 2016, 19:27   #6
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Both ECS and AGA can do 31Khz. Aga can actually do more than that.
Old 08 November 2016, 22:07   #7
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signman View Post
It is a nice looking monitor, would look good with an Amiga.

Hooked it up to my laptop and display is not the greatest for PC with 1024 by 768 highest resolution. But for $40 and new in box would be nice as a lores option on Amiga. It will flicker in hires modes.
I didn't mean it in build quality, but as in image quality. That review you linked to shows horrible interlacing on interlaced modes, and really grainy image on the others. Never seen an LCD that looks like that.
Old 08 November 2016, 23:27   #8
idrougge

Amigakit sell VGA adapters without the necessary buffer chip. Depending on your monitor, it might freeze your Amiga.
Old 09 November 2016, 04:56   #9
Signman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I didn't mean it in build quality, but as in image quality. That review you linked to shows horrible interlacing on interlaced modes, and really grainy image on the others. Never seen an LCD that looks like that.
Same impression from video but I went impulsively ahead.
I did order cable you referred to from a gentleman on Amibay. He saidthat this is the third person who has had issues with the adapter I bought.

I will post back with results.
Old 09 November 2016, 09:14   #10
Jope
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
You might need a buffered adapter to get a stable signal to the monitor. I don't think that AmigaKit adapter is buffered like the old C= ones.
The buffers are there because some monitors load the sync lines so much, that the Amiga thinks that a genlock is connected when those monitors are plugged straight in.

Genlock connected + no external clock = non-booting Amiga.
Old 09 November 2016, 13:45   #11
Signman

Jope, that would explain the freezes and subsequent lock up.
Old 09 November 2016, 17:02   #12
Amiga1992

I hope the new cable fixes your issue, it would also determine the adapter you bought as shit and we can recommend people not to get it.

Looking forward to your progress.
Old 10 November 2016, 11:02   #13
Kin Hell
0ld0r Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Dude you need to read messages before replying.
The monitor he acquired DOES SCAN at 15Khz rate, he does not need a scandoubler or anything. Neither does your advice regarding Workbench applies.
<snip>
I did read & fully understand the OP's first post & they are a great Modern solution for Amiga's. Perhaps my answer wasn't as clear as it could have been & I'm sorry if you were left feeling confused.
Just making sure the OP had the relevant WB requirements in place & the right hardware to connect.
It is a simple task of plugging VGA cable from monitor into the adapter & then plug that into the RGB port from the miggy. So yeah, if he has the adapter he links to, it could be faulty, but then so could the monitor, the Miggy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
Both ECS and AGA can do 31Khz. Aga can actually do more than that.
Amiga Output is 15KHz on RGB period. A FF/SD is required for Horizontal Frequencies over 15Khz.

@ Thread

The OP's link http://amigastore.eu/en/207-amiga-rg...r-adapter.html states:

Quote:
Amiga graphics drivers compatible with standar VGA/SVGA standar monitors:
Multiscan/Productivity
DBLPAL and DBLNTS
Euro36 and Euro72
Super72
VGA Only
Wrong..... DBLPAL/DBLNTSC is 27Khz & requires a multisync monitor. VGA does not go low enough.

@ OP

Try a genuine C= 390682-01 & good luck.

Also fella, sincere apologies if you felt my reply left you confused as I fully appreciated your predicament & plea for help.

Last edited by Kin Hell; 11 November 2016 at 08:46.
Old 10 November 2016, 20:23   #14
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

So I went out and bought one after seeing the review in the first post. Well, I can't seem to get a decent picture out of it.

I've got a genuine C= VGA adapter somewhere, but for the life of me, I can't find it...
Old 16 November 2016, 19:30   #15
Amiga1992

Quote:

Amiga Output is 15KHz on RGB period. A FF/SD is required for Horizontal Frequencies over 15Khz.
Again, people meant the chipset can do 31Khz which it can. Nobody said they can display standard AGA/ECS screens at 31Khz. Saying "15Khz on RGB" isn't accurate (VGA also uses RGB lines to display, you are confusing things.
Old 16 November 2016, 20:29   #16
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

I think I've found my C= adapter. I'll try to pick it up tomorrow, but I'm not that optimistic on it solving the issue.

I hope I haven't wasted money
Old 16 November 2016, 21:53   #17
turrican9

could it be that some of these Accusync 71v monitors used other components in different revision and as a result some of them cannot sync to 15KHz?

BenQ BL 702A and BL 912 seems to be safe bets. I have two 702A's and one BL912. All 3 syncs pefectly to 15KHz and looks really good when pixelclock and phase are tuned.
Old 16 November 2016, 23:14   #18
Signman

I received my wired adapter from A. Mi. Goun on Amibay today and now it works.
Didn't expect otherwise but flickers in interlaced modes but works well in Pal Hi Res.

Not sure what the issue is with the Amiga Store adapter.

Hope my screen shot comes through.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2987.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	498.1 KB
ID:	50893  
Old 16 November 2016, 23:17   #19
turrican9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signman View Post
I received my wired adapter from A. Mi. Goun on Amibay today and now it works.
Didn't expect otherwise but flickers in interlaced modes but works well in Pal Hi Res.

Not sure what the issue is with the Amiga Store adapter.

Hope my screen shot comes through.
Nice man. Tried any games? Does it look good? I ordered all my RGB to VGA cables from amigoun and they work really good. Also had a coule of RGB to VGA adapter from amigkakit and had no problems with them other than they look ugly and are 25 pin cutdown to 23 pin.

Last edited by turrican9; 16 November 2016 at 23:25.
Old 17 November 2016, 00:26   #20
Signman

Games look good but I do like higher res screens for productivity apps but so be it, I plan on using this with other Amigas too.

Demos, games etc all play nice.

There is noticeable light leakage around a few edges but not annoyingly so.