English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.UAE Wishlist

Old 31 March 2013, 00:43   #1
Leandro Jardim

On screen display like FPGAs machines

I will buy an LED HD TV specially to run WinUAE in 50/100 Hz on my machine and I am wondering what can be one to enhance the expericence and to make it look more like an true Amiga or a FPGA.

Would be a neat thing to see in WinUAE an OSD panel done entirely in DirectX simulating the FPGAs machines.

The Windows GUI may be removed and the user will never realise that him is using Windows.

It would find use for kiosks, arcade machines and machines used to run emulators, too.

The look of the settings panel can be of the standard FPGA emulators or LCD screens or the native look of the gadtools GUI in AmigaOS 2/3.

Basically some emulators done in SDL already does something similiar to this, albeit at not at a very professional level, resulting in a very small value for its users.

I give this idea because I hate to see all the emulators that arent programmed anymore and are left in a unfinished level, giving an look and feel thats not "authentic".

But clearly this is not the case of WinUAE today!

Would be neat too options to disabling the configuration panel acessiblity, disabling windowed mode switching and the option to automatically reboot or turn off the machine when WinUAE quits.

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 31 March 2013 at 01:09.
Old 31 March 2013, 00:58   #2
demolition
Unregistered User

Isn't this basically what FS-UAE is about?
Old 31 March 2013, 01:07   #3
Leandro Jardim

FS-UAE has a very advanced interface that not looks like the real GUI that an emulator machine like the Minimig ECS/AGA done in FPGAs, or an Amiga could do.

But aesthetically its very pleasing to the eyes, I understand what you are saying, and while I think would be best to use it, it doesnt fits very well in my idea because its a very futuristic interface, and I would like to see something more retro like Commodore did so well, while not loosing at all the flexibility of emulators running under Windows.

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 31 March 2013 at 03:40.
Old 05 April 2013, 20:35   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I don't want to support two different GUIs. It would become broken too easily because I don't use or need it. (and finally it would be dropped completely)