English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 09 January 2017, 23:19   #41
ransom1122
Registered User
ransom1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Omnicorp
Posts: 3,128
FFAGA Alpha v1.8 - Guy - Can you pick up the pipe weapon?



ransom1122 is offline  
Old 10 January 2017, 00:01   #42
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 12,369
Just tested all versions and this is the status of being able to pick up the pipe:

Code:
FFAGA Alpha v1.5           yes
FFAGA Alpha v1.7           no
FFAGA Alpha v1.8           yes
FFAGA Alpha v1.8 - Guy     no
FFECS                      no

Last edited by DamienD; 10 January 2017 at 13:19.
DamienD is online now  
Old 10 January 2017, 13:01   #43
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 12,369
Just trying out the different versions; seems that you cannot progress past the train stage. At a certain point the screen won't move on...

I assume this is the same for everyone else?
DamienD is online now  
Old 10 January 2017, 22:48   #44
Foul
Registered User

Foul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Perigueux/France
Age: 43
Posts: 1,311
Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
FFAGA Alpha v1.8 - Guy - Can you pick up the pipe weapon?



none for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Just trying out the different versions; seems that you cannot progress past the train stage. At a certain point the screen won't move on...

I assume this is the same for everyone else?
Same thing here...
Foul is offline  
Old 10 January 2017, 23:15   #45
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 12,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul View Post
Same thing here...
Thanks for confirmation Foul.

So it seems these version have the following attributes:

FFAGA Alpha v1.5:
- Hagar only.
- Music (not from the arcade version though) / Sound FX.
- Can pick up the pipe.
- After the first stage you get to fight Sodom in the arena and then the game ends.

FFAGA Alpha v1.7:
- Hagar only.
- Music / Sound FX.
- Cannot pick up the pipe.
- All stages up to the train stage where you can't continue walking forward after a few screen lengths.
- Enemies can't hit you.

FFAGA Alpha v1.8:
- Can select between Guy and Hagar.
- Sound FX only.
- Can pick up the pipe.
- All stages up to the train stage where you can't continue walking forward after a few screen lengths.

FFAGA Alpha v1.8 - Guy:
- Guy only.
- Music / Sound FX.
- Cannot pick up the pipe.
- All stages up to the train stage where you can't continue walking forward after a few screen lengths.
- Enemies can't hit you.
- Energy bars are not displayed.

FFECS:
- Hagar only.
- Music / Sound FX.
- Cannot pick up the pipe.
- All stages up to the train stage where you can't continue walking forward after a few screen lengths.
- Enemies can't hit you.

...this was all from memory, may have forgotten a few aspects.

Well at least there is a .HDF where you can try each version easily

Last edited by DamienD; 11 January 2017 at 12:25.
DamienD is online now  
Old 09 March 2017, 12:09   #46
TEOL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Middlesex, England
Posts: 136
Hope the new team can reach the end of the project with Leatherhead's vision of an Arcade Perfect edition.

The AGA machine can use as many colours as a Windows PC in 24-Bit mode so we can get many old 16-Bit arcade games running perfect on it really but nobody has ever bothered until now making arcade games for AGA hardware it only seems to be C64 they target, ST Ports of Arcade titles over AGA instead of the real arcade texts, backgrounds and sprites and this one off Leatherhead that nobody has took over and finished sadly until hopefully now because I want to see it finished so hope someone picks it up and makes it to his vision.

The text was crap so far as Leatherhead wasn't able to rip it but in time once someone takes over they can make that change.

We also would need to get the options screen from the best home version the SEGA CD as it's a home port so we would want to choose the options we can on the SCD version but play it like the arcade with the looks and colours and perhaps the real music of the arcade as some AMIGA trackers use sampled music so you can insert a recording of the real mccoy.

This is so you don't have unlimited lives by slamming in a million credits but you can set your limited credits from 3 to 9 from the SCD like home menu so it's more like the arcade as in you put your money in and go as far as you can rather than a Free Play Arcade but of course there would be a Freeplay option in the credits too I guess.

Last edited by TEOL; 09 March 2017 at 12:21.
TEOL is offline  
Old 09 March 2017, 13:21   #47
earok
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Auckland
Posts: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEOL View Post
nobody has ever bothered until now making arcade games for AGA hardware.
I decided to put that quote to a fact checker test Sadly you're right.

http://hol.abime.net/hol_search.php?...ref_hardware=2

Raiden was unreleased, Primal Rage and Total Carnage are not true AGA. ROTR wasn't ported from the unreleased arcade version (which I've played - actually worse than Amiga version despite better character roster) and of course Super Sprint was an ST conversion.

The only exceptions it seems are Street Fighter 2 Turbo and New Challengers.
earok is offline  
Old 09 March 2017, 16:19   #48
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 41
Posts: 7,776
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEOL View Post
Hope the new team can reach the end of the project with Leatherhead's vision of an Arcade Perfect edition.

The AGA machine can use as many colours as a Windows PC in 24-Bit mode so we can get many old 16-Bit arcade games running perfect on it really but nobody has ever bothered until now making arcade games for AGA hardware it only seems to be C64 they target, ST Ports of Arcade titles over AGA instead of the real arcade texts, backgrounds and sprites and this one off Leatherhead that nobody has took over and finished sadly until hopefully now because I want to see it finished so hope someone picks it up and makes it to his vision.

The text was crap so far as Leatherhead wasn't able to rip it but in time once someone takes over they can make that change.

We also would need to get the options screen from the best home version the SEGA CD as it's a home port so we would want to choose the options we can on the SCD version but play it like the arcade with the looks and colours and perhaps the real music of the arcade as some AMIGA trackers use sampled music so you can insert a recording of the real mccoy.

This is so you don't have unlimited lives by slamming in a million credits but you can set your limited credits from 3 to 9 from the SCD like home menu so it's more like the arcade as in you put your money in and go as far as you can rather than a Free Play Arcade but of course there would be a Freeplay option in the credits too I guess.
I have fully ripped the full arcade music score and sfx for Final Fight Aga, as well as a great part of the background graphics.

The main thing is : is it possible to get the original source from Leather's Amiga 1200 ??
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 09 March 2017, 22:51   #49
fgh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 623
Someone said earlier in this thread that the source was included in both v1.8 archives.

Edit: It's one of my favourite games, I'd love for it to have a proper AGA version as well!
fgh is offline  
Old 09 October 2017, 00:09   #50
trydowave
Registered User
trydowave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Watford UK
Posts: 762
ECS version looks great. someone pls finish
trydowave is offline  
Old 15 October 2017, 09:38   #51
Fabbroz75
 
Posts: n/a
HI,
Where i find the latest version of FFight AGA (1.8)


Tnx
 
Old 17 October 2017, 21:44   #52
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 12,369
Heya Fabbroz75,

Welcome to EAB

You will find all the latest versions on the EAB File Server under the directory TheZone/files
DamienD is online now  
Old 17 October 2017, 23:22   #53
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 12,369
@Fabbroz75; forgot to mention...

If you are emulating then you could just use the self-booting / bare bones .HDF that I created, as detailed in post #40 which contains all versions
DamienD is online now  
Old 25 March 2018, 01:52   #54
zambot3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Italy
Posts: 45
This project is dead? I can't find the file.
zambot3 is offline  
Old 09 October 2018, 12:00   #55
fstarred
Registered User

fstarred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Rome
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by zambot3 View Post
This project is dead? I can't find the file.

I second that.
Where is the file?
I've searched on EAB Server with no success
fstarred is offline  
Old 09 October 2018, 12:34   #56
Aladin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: France
Posts: 219
In the EAB FTP, you must searching FFAGA and FFECS
Aladin is offline  
Old 10 October 2018, 21:00   #57
fstarred
Registered User

fstarred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Rome
Posts: 92
I ve played aga and it stuck on the underground level.

Overall is a very good conversion, the collision detection need to be fixed, especially the crushable objects are difficult to be hit sometimes
fstarred is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
final fight aga last demo in the zone !!!! turrican3 Amiga scene 12 23 October 2013 14:51
New game vs Final Fight leathered Amiga scene 8 28 April 2013 20:39
Final Fight AGA? Amiga Forever Coders. General 15 25 April 2011 15:15
Ripping - Final Fight BippyM project.Sprites 2 06 April 2005 19:53
Final Fight Dastardly support.Games 3 01 June 2003 23:16

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.08233 seconds with 15 queries