English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 22 February 2018, 21:52   #1
cosmito

Looking for a recap service in the Netherlands

Hi,

I have an Amiga 1200 which I want to replace the capacitors but not being very comfortable with soldering, I prefer to use a recap service, preferentially a recommended one. I currently live in the Netherlands and I would prefer to handover and pick up the Amiga directly in hands, not by post.

By the way, I haven't power it on in more than 1 year (hope it's still working fine) and if I once read correctly before, if the caps are reaching their end of life it could be harmful to power it now, as it could accelerate the spilling... Is it true?

thanks
Old 22 February 2018, 22:04   #2
Daedalus

I know of a couple in the Netherlands who are well known for their repair work in the Amiga community. They're on this list: http://robthenerd.com/amiga/repairers
Old 24 February 2018, 22:54   #3
cosmito

Hi Daedalus,

Thanks, I had found that page before and good that you mention it as I skipped it before since I am no longer at Facebook. But luckly I can see that the two guys have contacts other then Facebook so I'll give it a go
Old 24 February 2018, 23:01   #4
Amiga68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmito View Post
Hi Daedalus,

Thanks, I had found that page before and good that you mention it as I skipped it before since I am no longer at Facebook. But luckly I can see that the two guys have contacts other then Facebook so I'll give it a go
Both of them are still active. Let me know if you succeed in contacting them, otherwise I can share additional contact information through PM.
Old 25 February 2018, 16:50   #5
spudje

Check Dutch forum http://amiga.cafe
Old 28 February 2018, 22:16   #6
cosmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiga68k View Post
Both of them are still active. Let me know if you succeed in contacting them, otherwise I can share additional contact information through PM.
Thanks. Martijn lives in Friesland region, that is is 4h public transport from me, so I will try to contact omegamsx on AmiBay (which btw requires a minimum of 2 posts before I can message anyone - but it can be made posting my self introduction and a question looking for recap service )
Old 28 February 2018, 22:18   #7
cosmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudje View Post
Check Dutch forum http://amiga.cafe
I will, thanks.