English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 04 August 2017, 11:15   #1
earok

Ruff N Tumble CD32 experimental

Similar to the Turrican stuff, I've zoned an experimental CD32 build of Ruff N Tumble. As before, it's just a custom version of CD32Load as opposed to a new slave or disk image.

This hack of CD32Load is a patch for keyboard features only, JOTD's slave already supports Blue button jump (and also disables Up-To-Jump, but doesn't break other places Up is needed like aiming, which is awesome).

Not yet tested on a real CD32 - any playtests there would be appreciated.

CONTROLS, INGAME:
Pause = Play
Replay = Reverse
Quit = Reverse + Forward

CONTROLS, MENU
Options = Reverse
Music Toggle at Options screen = Forward
Play = Enter infinite lives code (switches on permanently)
Blue = Enter practice code for World 2
Green = Enter practice code for World 3
Yellow = Enter practice code for World 4

(JOTD, since you wrote the slave yourself, you wouldn't be interested in merging this stuff ^ into the slave itself by chance? My code is ugly as hell but it might save you some time with memory addresses etc)
Old 04 August 2017, 11:53   #2
Gzegzolka

Nice I have always think there is no more room for Ruff N Tumble improvement but You prove I'm wrong. For me second fire button for jumping was like a blessing that make controls better and game more fun.
I do not know, maybe You can add demo version to Your release? It got one extra big level that's different from final product.
Old 04 August 2017, 12:16   #3
earok

Interesting, I forgot such a demo existed might be worth a slave in it's own right JOTD..?

I've zoned the demo by itself in case anyone else was looking for it. Looks like it's HDD friendly to begin with, though it could use blue button jump etc.
Old 06 August 2017, 13:41   #4
Reido

Hi Earok,

First of all, thank you!! Haven't had the chance lately to fully appreciate your recent efforts, so much to catch up on....

But to Ruff n Tumble, just had a quick five minute play to confirm everything is working. Now, how to pass a couple of hours on a Sunday.....!

Also, haven't had a chance to play HOTA, just burned it, very exciting!
And then there's the Turrican Trilogy......

Excellent work, you and all others involved!
Old 07 August 2017, 11:21   #5
earok

No worries mate, I appreciate the testing/feedback
Old 07 August 2017, 16:00   #6
jotd
This cat is no more

What the hell, I replied to this thread but the message was lost... Earok I'd love the source, I was planning to adapt Ruff N Tumble to add joypad support, because CD32load cannot issue keyboard commands like pause, codes...

I'd like to know how you modified cd32load to do this. In my old message, I was suggesting that you modify whdload slaves directly, since you probably are able to do that, instead of creating one modified cd32load version each time.
Old 07 August 2017, 17:58   #7
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
What the hell, I replied to this thread but the message was lost... Earok I'd love the source, I was planning to adapt Ruff N Tumble to add joypad support, because CD32load cannot issue keyboard commands like pause, codes...

I'd like to know how you modified cd32load to do this. In my old message, I was suggesting that you modify whdload slaves directly, since you probably are able to do that, instead of creating one modified cd32load version each time.
Ah, no worries. Maybe you were thinking of the message you had posted on the Turrican thread..?

In any case I've attached the relevant source file, hopefully the notes are clear. I know I should learn to write/edit WHDLoad slaves myself but I don't have a clear idea how to code them yet
Attached Files
File Type: txt whd.asm.txt (72.9 KB, 324 views)
Old 21 August 2017, 13:02   #8
earok

V2 of experimental is in the zone. May or may not be final but I thought I should post what's currently in the build.

- Control screen with all ingame/menu pad controls
- Exclusive demo level (no fancy stuff, eg no CD32 specific control support - yet)
- Hacked CD32Load is gone, it now uses an updated WHDLoad slave with the CD32 pad support (Cheers JOTD)
Old 06 October 2019, 11:51   #9
Gzegzolka

I wonder did anyone still got those files and could re-upload them?
Old 06 October 2019, 15:00   #10
DamienD
Banned

/TheZone/files/_2017/Ruff N Tumble CD32 Experimental V2.zip