English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 21 January 2007, 17:41   #21
Grizzly

It is very great that the CDTV emulation is working. I haven't tested this version, but are there any changes made for the "Input Recording" possibility? I remember it wasn't really working with one of the last versions.

Old 21 January 2007, 18:02   #22
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen
Enable quickstart and check the settings? Note that you must not disable DF0: yet in CDTV mode (check the readme)

cycle-exact in non-68000 can and will cause weird things. btw, this has nothng to do with beta most likely.. (if you said you haven't used them much, does 1.3.4 do the same? if yes, nothing to do with beta)
Ok ive applied setting from quickstart over my own profile, saved and it is booting now. I have noticed that the advced chip stuff was not being saved, but after appling quickstart settings, those settings are now saved ...odd ?

Also to get cd32 games playing glitch free, i had to set cpu to 68020EC (actuall cd32) as the quickstart 68020 jit ran gfx too fast and caused corruption. maybe a useful change for the quickstart profile ?
Old 21 January 2007, 18:38   #23
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd
Thanks for the new Beta, Toni.

Here is probably the first serious bug: The CD32 emulation freezes WinUAE in SPTI mode, but it works fine with Nero & Adaptec ASPI. A problem with IOCTL/MCI?

I've tested the CDTV emulation with Turrican & Winzer with no problems so far.

Edit: It seems that only games with cdda tracks causes the WinUAE freeze, the CD32 games works fine with Nero/Adaptec ASPI. But i can hear the music only analog with the connected cable to the soundcard. The digital out doesn't work without SPTI, is this normal?
Now i can get the games to boot, i can confirm this issue also. SPTI seems to freeze emu when switching from audio back to data and plays audio on analogue cd in mixer (even though it is only connected with a digital cable). NeroASPI works absolutly fine though digitalcd in mixer.
Old 21 January 2007, 18:45   #24
thor

I found some problems with Audio CDs.

WinUAE shows only first audio track when using CDTV config+NeroASPI or FrogASPI. Continues to play the other tracks, but you can't select them or skip to them. Does not appear when using CDTV+SPTI or CD32.

WinUAE does not stop playing Audio CDs after quitting when played with CDTV audio player. CD32 is fine.

Last edited by thor; 21 January 2007 at 19:16.
Old 21 January 2007, 18:49   #25
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt
Now i can get the games to boot, i can confirm this issue also. SPTI seems to freeze emu when switching from audio back to data and plays audio on analogue cd in mixer (even though it is only connected with a digital cable). NeroASPI works absolutly fine though digitalcd in mixer.
Thanks for confirming this, Mad-Matt. I thought i'm the only one with this issue. A guy in another forum told me he had no problems when he uses SPTI+SCSI Scan and Alcohol as the virtual device. I can't confirm this, it happens even with burned cd's in SPTI mode. WinUAE freezes for all games just before you enter the first level.

But only with cdda games, all others runs fine.
Old 21 January 2007, 23:41   #26
Ian
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor
I found some problems with Audio CDs.

WinUAE shows only first audio track when using CDTV config+NeroASPI or FrogASPI. Continues to play the other tracks, but you can't select them or skip to them. Does not appear when using CDTV+SPTI or CD32.

WinUAE does not stop playing Audio CDs after quitting when played with CDTV audio player. CD32 is fine.
I also does it with games too.

When you quit WinUAE the CD music carries on playing. I seem to remember Toni leaving a similar "feature" in when CD32 was first emulated
Old 22 January 2007, 08:14   #27
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

CDTV/CD32 audio tracks work fine here and I haven't seen any winuaelog.txt messages yet, hint hint
Old 22 January 2007, 10:00   #28
thor

Screenshot of the first problem:

winuaelog.txt that was written with both errors:
Attached Files
File Type: zip winuaelog.zip (55.5 KB, 299 views)
Old 22 January 2007, 14:04   #29
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
CDTV/CD32 audio tracks work fine here and I haven't seen any winuaelog.txt messages yet, hint hint
Mmh, what a hint Toni? I thought this command causes the freeze with SPTI under XP.

Quote:
12-359 [1817 223x312]: MCIErr: MCI_CLOSE: 'Der Befehl kann nicht auf ein selbstöffnendes Gerät angewandt werden. Warten Sie, bis das Gerät geschlossen wurde.'
The winuealog.txt is attached above since saturday.
Old 22 January 2007, 16:55   #30
Narf the Mouse

The cloanta default.uae and af_3x.uae do not appear to work. Both use a simulated harddrive directory; the amiga just sits there loading. All I see is a black screen and winuae does not produce a logfile.

Also, it seems to mistake volume name for device name.
Old 22 January 2007, 18:58   #31
Ian
Global Moderator

Cedric and the Lost Sceptre (1996)(Neo)(en-de)[M-8793] (tested with burned media and daemon tools)
Cubulus & Magic Serpent (1991)(Software 2000)(De)[!][50181]

Hang at the CDTV screen.

Defender of the Crown (1991)(CDTV Publishing)[!]

Loads to title screen, no buttons work so it cannot progress any further. Tried configuration#1 in the input tab, swapped ports and used compatibility mode and none of them worked. Music also contiues to play after quitting WinUAE.

Team Yankee (1995)(Almathera)[!][compilation Ten On Ten][K-7407] (tested with burned media and mounted image with daemon tools)

Goes to the familiar red screen with spinning CDTV logo.

First winuaelog is for Cedric and the Lost Sceptre.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (17.1 KB, 298 views)
File Type: txt Cubulus & Magic Serpent-winuaelog.txt (18.2 KB, 275 views)
File Type: txt Defender of the Crown-winuaelog.txt (9.1 KB, 304 views)
File Type: txt Team Yankee-winuaelog.txt (4.6 KB, 265 views)
Old 22 January 2007, 19:14   #32
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd
Mmh, what a hint Toni? I thought this command causes the freeze with SPTI under XP..
Localized error messages, eargh.. (what does it say?)
(btw, that can't be the reason for freeze because pause and stop are completely separate commands and pause didn't clearly freeze. Anyway, I'll do more testing later this week.)

Quote:
Defender of the Crown (1991)(CDTV Publishing)[!] Loads to title screen, no buttons work
= "starting data CD read without aborting previous CD audio freezes (for example DOTC)"
I will test other CDTV games later.

Quote:
stereo separation
Do you use any command line parameters? -S<something> can modify sound settings and it also (for some unknown reason) set stereo separation to illegal value.

default.uae quickstart harddisk problem and incorrect volume/device names in harddisk gui (visual error only) is solved.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 22 January 2007 at 19:21.
Old 22 January 2007, 19:22   #33
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Localized error messages, eargh.. (what does it say?)
Sorry, but WinUAE gave me this text in german. Maybe the freeze has something to do with your changes for Vista. Here is the translation.

Quote:
12-359 [1817 223x312]: MCIErr: MCI_CLOSE: 'This command can't be applied on a self-opening device. Wait till the device is closed.
btw: I can confirm this issue for Defender of the crown CDTV.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 22 January 2007 at 23:40.
Old 23 January 2007, 01:21   #34
fmcpma
Banned

Hello all.

I just want to say how amazed I am that Toni is working so hard and so deep into the core of WinUAE, boldly going where no other developer went before! At this rate, soon we'll have perfect emulation.
Old 23 January 2007, 09:32   #35
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Ive come across another oddity. In filter prefs theres an auto scale option. if i enable while emu is running the the image can endup anywhere on screen, even off screen !. it dissables normal/doubled/scanline modes in display prefs and because the tick doesnt stay on, auto scale cant be dissabled either.

jumps around abit as well when screen changes from interlaced/normal modes. regarding interlaced modes, will there ever be some kind of deinterlacer included to remocve the combing effect on moving laced screens ? I normaly use double line mode as normal cuts out half the lines in normal making laced screens not look right. non laced modes look same in normal/double. I use the null filter to make sure screen size stays the same.

lastly, would it be possible to impliment a feature to make sure native modes stay in 4:3 by automaticaly adding required borders to keep aspect ration when monitor is 16:10 ? I can sort of do this manualy with the filter options, but its not very exact Using centred timming in ati controls sort of works, but filter prefs still allows me to use the border space.
Old 23 January 2007, 17:54   #36
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt
Ive come across another oddity. In filter prefs theres an auto scale option. if i enable while emu is running the the image can endup anywhere on screen, even off screen !. it dissables normal/doubled/scanline modes in display prefs and because the tick doesnt stay on, auto scale cant be dissabled either.
Ignore it. It is not-working beta-only feature (I guess it should be removed completely during public betas..)

Quote:
jumps around abit as well when screen changes from interlaced/normal modes. regarding interlaced modes, will there ever be some kind of deinterlacer included to remocve the combing effect on moving laced screens ? I normaly use double line mode as normal cuts out half the lines in normal making laced screens not look right. non laced modes look same in normal/double. I use the null filter to make sure screen size stays the same.
Find proven working solution and I'll implement it. (video deinterlacing can't be used directly)

Quote:
lastly, would it be possible to impliment a feature to make sure native modes stay in 4:3 by automaticaly adding required borders to keep aspect ration when monitor is 16:10 ? I can sort of do this manualy with the filter options, but its not very exact Using centred timming in ati controls sort of works, but filter prefs still allows me to use the border space.
Perhaps someday, I am not a fan of non-4:3 PC monitors..
Old 23 January 2007, 18:20   #37
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
Cedric and the Lost Sceptre (1996)(Neo)(en-de)[M-8793]
Uses KS 2.0+ Assign-command in startup-sequence. Does work if KS 2.0 is used (+2.x CDTV ROM).

Weird combination, CDTV bootable but needs KS 2.x...

Quote:
Cubulus & Magic Serpent (1991)(Software 2000)(De)[!][50181]
Works fine here. (Software 2000 logo appears)

Quote:
Team Yankee (1995)(Almathera)[!][compilation Ten On Ten][K-7407]
Confirmed. Drive command 0x89 seems to return incorrect data, investigating..
EDIT: Also confirmed it causing exact same red screen on an A570. Perhaps it is not an emulation bug after all..

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 23 January 2007 at 20:07.
Old 26 January 2007, 06:23   #38
Hobbe

I wouldn't like to report this as a bug but...did something change in the way WinUAE handles hardfiles?, it doesn't want to boot from mine.
Old 26 January 2007, 08:31   #39
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Arrow

Quote:
Uses KS 2.0+ Assign-command in startup-sequence. Does work if KS 2.0 is used (+2.x CDTV ROM).

Weird combination, CDTV bootable but needs KS 2.x...
Purpose is most probably to prevent users from using KS 1.3 because the game uses some OS2.0-only instructions.

I confirm that current build is ASPI only. I have not (yet) installed ASPI (as it worked fine without before) and I can confirm the freezes in CDTV@SPTI mode. Absolutely nothing working here. WinUAE stays dead as a doornail but can be closed using the 'X' gadget, so it's not completely frozen.
I am NOT going to install ASPI, as otherwise I cannot help you in fixing the SPTI problems anymore.

Last edited by andreas; 26 January 2007 at 09:05.
Old 26 January 2007, 09:20   #40
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas
Purpose is most probably to prevent users from using KS 1.3 because the game uses some OS2.0-only instructions.

I confirm that current build is ASPI only. I have not (yet) installed ASPI (as it worked fine without before) and I can confirm the freezes in CDTV@SPTI mode. Absolutely nothing working here. WinUAE stays dead as a doornail but can be closed using the 'X' gadget, so it's not completely frozen.
I am NOT going to install ASPI, as otherwise I cannot help you in fixing the SPTI problems anymore.
There is no need for an Adaptec ASPI install, Nero ASPI works fine too. There are no freezes, but you can't hear the audio tracks via digital out anymore. Only via analog out + the CD/DVD drive conntected to your soundcard.