Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	119728-cabal-amstrad-cpc-screenshot-stage-2-3.png
Views:	122
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	53760  
Old 17 July 2017, 13:19   #42
nobody

The first four stages have the new palette, after you defeat the 1st boss and change area the ugly palette comes back. So it needs some more time to fix.
Old 17 July 2017, 13:36   #43
DamienD
Banned

Ok, so you've done all of "Level - 1" (obviously this means all 4 stages within).

"Level - 2", "Level - 3" and "Level -4" to go then
Old 18 July 2017, 13:15   #44
DickHeadChaser
Banned

Quote:
Firstly, sorry to all for the off topic in this thread

@ReadOnlyCat; oh man, you're not here often these days so have missed quite a lot...

Anyway, I hear what you are saying but trust me, this decision wasn't taken lightly. I mean, Vollldo decided on his own accord to leave EAB a few months back, although if I'm honest and given his actions, some type of ban would have been enforced.

He was one of my friends; we'd help each other out over the many years

...the Rainbow Islands thread, have you actually read it? You should see how many reported posts we moderators received from his arrogant / flaming attitude!!!

Being one of my friends, I sent him numerous polite / curtious PMs trying to calm the situation down and offer advise. Unfortunately they fell on deaf ears and I was subject to all kinds of abuse / foul language in reply.

Anyway, I too like to give people a second chance, I'm a nice / helpful guy and it takes a lot to really annoy me... Hence why when I saw that he had returned I was welcoming, suggested getting his account back and also thought I'd fill him in on a game that I knew he was waited for to be cracked properly. You can see the rest in this thread

What am I supposed to do?!? Giving abuse to moderator of a forum multiple times is never a smart / good idea really and I've taken more than my fair share from him without taking action... All I've ever tried to do is help / diffuse the situation, I've been more than accommodating and quite frankly many other members are very annoyed with his attitude so reported his old account shenanigans plus new account replies to me. So, at the end of the day, sadly I had to take action. Trust me, it's not something that I enjoy doing

Finally, if you feel the need to speak about this further then please PM me. If you think that my decision is out of order then speak with another GM or take it up with RCK.
I loved the "dickhead!!!" in the ban message i received.

As a french gentleman, let me return you the politeness, DamienD, as i didn't insult you. His lordness doesn't seem to be put in cause, apparently.

For your information, when i'm in cold with someone i don't have the habbit to take the right to talk with him/her. We left in glacious cold, you shouldn't have talk to me, and you did: if you're not clever enough to understand that to propose me to get my old account back is a SILLY idea then i can't do anything for you. Why the fuck did i opened a new one so in your so lighted opinion???

And for all the rest, dude, you're totally out of the side:

1/ First of all, you're talking to someone who was subscribed at EAB since 10 years, and during this time i didn't have any trouble with anyone. Everyone can confirm you here that i'm the exact contrary of the portrait you draw about my personnality. Think a bit before writing: why would a such long time member would, like you say, "go out of rails"? Where is the fucking logic in ruinning my membership here, tell me? Do you think i was happy to leave this forum? I wasn't.

2/ Secondly, opinions contrary to mine are always WELCOMED, <b>if they are argumented</b>. None of the opinions on the RI thread were, except the one of Denis. Sorry, "bro", but a "I prefef the other one" isn't an argumented opinion. But it's not for this that i got angry. I got angry because one of the member took the right to write a comment "You sound like a frustrating artist into your life etc" (this kind of stuffs). <b>Where the fuck do you see that people are allowed in forums to do shortcuts and assumptions about the personnal life of someone?</b>. You tell me to read what i wrote? READ IT! Before this shorcuts was posted i didn't do any remark about a member personnality, i was just talking about the palette and that i didn't understand how you couldn't find it oversaturated and better than the new one. I would have like to read "why" and talk about stuffs to improve, all together. I'm going to tell you where stops my tolerance: if you take the right to tell me something that you would never, ever, in any case, tell me FACE TO FACE, then YOU BYPASS THE LIMIT. Is it to be arrogant or to lack of tolerance? Of course not, it's the rule that i respect with everyone and that everyone respect towards me during my 10 years of memberships here, and the rule that everyone should respect.

If you would have been in front of me, face to face, with your "Why are you loosing your time to tweak the palette of a game that i think perfect?" i would have answered you with a big smile and with a drink "Oh damn, come one, it's so oversaturated you can't tell me this ah ah!". And we would have laughted, friendly.

One member bypassed the limit by attacking me personnally without knowing anything about me, my life, my personnality, etc. And ironically the guy was so fucking far from the truth since i'm the exact contrary of an artist lol (i'm mathematician, you can't be farer!).

It's not because i'm banned that i will let you insinuate here some bullshits about the guy i am, MORE OVER BEHIND MY BACK AND PUBLICALLY HERE since i'm not supposed to be subscribed to defend myself. You banned me with an insult, now be a bit adult and stop talking about me here in public if you don't want me to come back to flame you, but this time rudely. To be banned doesn't prevent me at all from reading messages here, a temporary mail address+a new IP with a proxy does the affair, and it's done in 5 seconds.

As a GMs you do your best to be friendly with everyone, but i'm not into this fake attitude ok? I told you directly and politely that i didn't want to get my old account back and to stick on the current topic (Cabal). And i think that the tone i used was explicit enough to mean "Lets ignore us here royally". You took it in a very bad way, that's not my problem. In life you must accept that you can't have good relationships with everyone, you're not living into a candy world ok?

I will finish by making you notice that you REPLIED, and that the tone i used was also explicit enough to mean that you didn't have to. When you write someone "Stick on the topic, see you" i think it's clear that the dialog is closed and that in front of you there is someone who just wants to be ignored as much as he will ignore you. In all courtesy.

For your information, since 2 month i am working on a totally new version of RI in parallel of the palette tweak: almost fullscreen this time, in 32 colors and 50 fps (the framerate was the thing i didn't want to compromise, absolutly), with a blue shade in the background (differencial vertical scrolling). With the idea to implement the extra islands too (the game was intended to fit into 2 disks except if none packer can reduce it enough).

I subscribed here again to post a screenshot preview (i develop under WinUAE), the engine was already very advanced and the game mechanics almost totally included. StingRay knows for example that i want to stop all computer activities and go far from all of this, but i tried to give the project and the forum second chance. I learnt Amiga ASM for this since RI is one of my fav game ever. Considering how the things turns here i think i will stop all and retire myself like i told on my fb.

Peace. Now you banned me so behave as an adult and respectable GM by avoiding to talk about me if i'm not here to defend myself. Otherwise you will assume the consequences.
Old 18 July 2017, 13:37   #45
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
As a french gentleman

Jesus. The self reflection of some people amazes me. You were banned for a good reason since the first time you got away. Now take it like a man and stay away. Wasn't that your first plan anyway weeks ago, when you ran away sulking like a 10 year old girl?

Now delete this drama queen crap. It's kinda embarrassing for all other adult people on EAB.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 18 July 2017 at 13:49.
Old 18 July 2017, 13:59   #46
DamienD
Banned

I'm not even going to waste my time replying to your many false comments Vollldo.

...you're just making a fool out of yourself yet again.
Old 18 July 2017, 15:30   #47
nobody

Man I wouldn't touch rainbow islands without a good reason. That game is considered one of the best games if not the best of the era for the Amiga. But to touch that and insist the palette was not good and had to be changed was really off the line. Just calm down and accept you made a mistake. We all do mistakes. Who am I to say eg that cave story palette sucks and has to be changed? It's normal that I will be attacked by all sides.
Old 18 July 2017, 15:39   #48
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Man I wouldn't touch rainbow islands without a good reason. That game is considered one of the best games if not the best of the era for the Amiga. But to touch that and insist the palette was not good and had to be changed was really off the line.
I couldn't agree more.

...but be careful nobody; you'll soon be subjected to all sorts of name calling / profanities / flaming for not agreeing with Vollldo's opinion
Old 18 July 2017, 15:42   #49
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

The point was: No one here attacked him. He wanted constructive opinions and couldn't handle the replies. Then he started to explode all of the sudden. Same attitute since then. It's still there to read in the Rainbow Isand SE thread.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 18 July 2017 at 15:48.
Old 18 July 2017, 15:45   #50
DamienD
Banned

Ok, let's all move on now...

I'm sure Vollldo will keep joining up and posting more shite in retaliation. That's fine, I'll just ban the account again and remove the posts... I can play this game all day / night
Old 18 July 2017, 15:50   #51
nobody

That color palette in rainbow islands was used for all 7 islands, all sprites, tiles, fruits, fonts, bonus anything you can imagine and it was working surprisingly well. Could it be improved? Maybe slightly. But why bother to make 95% perfect to 100%. There are other games that could benefit from our work.
Old 18 July 2017, 15:51   #52
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

As i told him too. Something like Chaos Engine AGA looks like a Disney platformer, compared with the nice pastel colors from the OCS/ESC version

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 18 July 2017 at 16:02.
Old 18 July 2017, 16:09   #53
onkelarie

i always considered the amiga version the superior version quite frankly.