English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Modules

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 16 August 2008, 13:43   #1
mai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Federativnaya Respublika Germaniya
Posts: 4,984
gamemusic rip

Can anybody take a look on uploaded tune?
XFD(Bytekiller EOF Data) cant recognize this file, because something is wrong at end of file.
I think this tune is lost forever.
All other tunes from disk are ok.
The purpose is to make a complete disk-rip.
I will add tunes, 1 is ok(example) and the corrupted one.

Last edited by mai; 05 February 2009 at 14:35.
mai is online now  
Old 16 August 2008, 13:56   #2
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 42
Posts: 24,024
Hi maimai,

which format is that supposed to be? Both tracks are not recognised by my normal players. I will have a look at the disk later on.

Btw : I think we need help with ripping Citadel/Cytadela's music. I managed to rip one Powerpacked Protracker module from Disk 1, but like you said I could not find more
TCD is offline  
Old 16 August 2008, 14:33   #3
mai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Federativnaya Respublika Germaniya
Posts: 4,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Hi maimai,

which format is that supposed to be? Both tracks are not recognised by my normal players. I will have a look at the disk later on.
Its normal PT-format, you have to unpack files with xfd, but tune 05 will fail,
something is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Btw : I think we need help with ripping Citadel/Cytadela's music. I managed to rip one Powerpacked Protracker module from Disk 1, but like you said I could not find more
Maybe any other User can check Citadel/Cytadela disks?
mai is online now  
Old 16 August 2008, 17:50   #4
mailman
Zone Friend

mailman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Warsaw/Poland
Age: 41
Posts: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Btw : I think we need help with ripping Citadel/Cytadela's music. I managed to rip one Powerpacked Protracker module from Disk 1, but like you said I could not find more
I have all the tunes from Cytadela. There is no difficulty in ripping them.
mailman is offline  
Old 16 August 2008, 17:55   #5
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 42
Posts: 24,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
I have all the tunes from Cytadela. There is no difficulty in ripping them.
Have you ripped them from disk or memory? If you have ripped them from disk, please enlighten us how you did it
Btw : Can you upload the modules to the zone?
TCD is offline  
Old 16 August 2008, 18:00   #6
mai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Federativnaya Respublika Germaniya
Posts: 4,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
There is no difficulty in ripping them.
Good News, please try to explain me.
How do i rip them from disk?
I know, there are a lot of PP20-IDs on disk 5, but XFD fails!

Last edited by mai; 16 August 2008 at 18:49.
mai is online now  
Old 16 August 2008, 20:12   #7
mailman
Zone Friend

mailman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Warsaw/Poland
Age: 41
Posts: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Have you ripped them from disk or memory? If you have ripped them from disk, please enlighten us how you did it
I ripped them from memory. I don't think it matters. The result is the same

Quote:
Btw : Can you upload the modules to the zone?
Uploaded.
mailman is offline  
Old 16 August 2008, 20:14   #8
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 42
Posts: 24,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
I ripped them from memory. I don't think it matters. The result is the same
I think the same, but maimai wants to make sure everything is 100% correct. Thanks for the upload
TCD is offline  
Old 16 August 2008, 20:28   #9
mai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Federativnaya Respublika Germaniya
Posts: 4,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
I think the same, but maimai wants to make sure everything is 100% correct. Thanks for the upload
It is possible that the result is the same, but who knows.
Disk-rips are always preferred, because game can have hidden Levels and so on.
mai is online now  
Old 26 October 2008, 20:14   #10
Asle
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Paris/France
Age: 49
Posts: 480
hi all

Regarding Cytadela, it's all PP20 subfiles but with "PP20" id replaced by the actual size of the archive.
Example with disk 4 :
at 0x2C00, you can see this sequence :
00 01 D4 EC (PP20 size)
09 0A 0C 0D (more or less standard first bytes of a PP20 file)

so, remove from 0x0000 to 0x2C00 then save the following block of 120044 bytes (0x1D4EC). Replace the 4 first bytes with "PP20". Send this to xfd and you got a nice and fat music.
However, this is all ProPacker 2.1, so, from a modules collector point of view, it's good enough to be trashed. I guess the only way to retrieve correct Protracker with songs titles it to contact the author .

Cya
Sylvain

EDIT : Couldn't find Konstruktor game cited upwards. Might be interresting as the file "TUNE05" is obviously corrupted.
Asle is offline  
Old 26 October 2008, 20:23   #11
mai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Federativnaya Respublika Germaniya
Posts: 4,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asle View Post
hi all

Regarding Cytadela, it's all PP20 subfiles but with "PP20" id replaced by the actual size of the archive.
Example with disk 4 :
at 0x2C00, you can see this sequence :
00 01 D4 EC (PP20 size)
09 0A 0C 0D (more or less standard first bytes of a PP20 file)

so, remove from 0x0000 to 0x2C00 then save the following block of 120044 bytes (0x1D4EC). Replace the 4 first bytes with "PP20". Send this to xfd and you got a nice and fat music.
However, this is all ProPacker 2.1, so, from a modules collector point of view, it's good enough to be trashed. I guess the only way to retrieve correct Protracker with songs titles it to contact the author .
Thank you for Info, Asle.
I will try to rip from disk.
mai is online now  
Old 26 October 2008, 20:24   #12
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 42
Posts: 24,024
@Asle
I second what maimai said
I've uploaded Konstruktor to the zone if you wnat to have a look
TCD is offline  
Old 26 October 2008, 22:00   #13
mailman
Zone Friend

mailman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Warsaw/Poland
Age: 41
Posts: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asle View Post
However, this is all ProPacker 2.1, so, from a modules collector point of view, it's good enough to be trashed. I guess the only way to retrieve correct Protracker with songs titles it to contact the author .
Why trashed? You can convert them to Protracker.
mailman is offline  
Old 27 October 2008, 01:43   #14
Asle
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Paris/France
Age: 49
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Why trashed? You can convert them to Protracker.
True enough, but I was mentioning the collector's point of view. Well, mine, as co-runner of AMP . We prefer original, not converted files for a given replay. But then again, it's better than nothing . The musician _did_ compose on Protracker, and that's the files we want.

Now, regarding Konstruktor, I confirm the file "TUNE05" is corrupted (or something that very much looks like that). Hex-ed it and see for yourself. The end is completly wrong. "TUNE00" is fine, however. It simply contains Startrekker external info at the beginning. Just remove the first 144 bytes and you'll have the file playable.
Btw, thx for uploading this !. Just a question : who is the composer of the musics ?

Cya
Sylvain
Asle is offline  
Old 21 December 2008, 01:13   #15
mai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Federativnaya Respublika Germaniya
Posts: 4,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asle View Post
hi all

Regarding Cytadela, it's all PP20 subfiles but with "PP20" id replaced by the actual size of the archive.
Example with disk 4 :
at 0x2C00, you can see this sequence :
00 01 D4 EC (PP20 size)
09 0A 0C 0D (more or less standard first bytes of a PP20 file)

so, remove from 0x0000 to 0x2C00 then save the following block of 120044 bytes (0x1D4EC). Replace the 4 first bytes with "PP20". Send this to xfd and you got a nice and fat music.
However, this is all ProPacker 2.1, so, from a modules collector point of view, it's good enough to be trashed. I guess the only way to retrieve correct Protracker with songs titles it to contact the author .
Ok, i was successful, was able to rip some mods from disk.
But i am not able to unpack files on disk 5.
All files have "PP20" crunch-ID, but XFD fails to unpack these files, strange.
Maybe i have to cut at the right position, but i can not find the size.
Maybe you can check disk 5, and can give some tips.

Last edited by mai; 29 October 2010 at 19:44.
mai is online now  
Old 21 December 2008, 18:12   #16
hit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: planet earth
Posts: 1,115
i've took a look at the konstructor disk and found a filesystem failure while unpacking the adf using 'unadf'. DiskSalv could "salvage" the Tune05 file without errors. not sure how to play it, but the size is differnt to the one from first post. have a look.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TUNE05.zip (32.1 KB, 116 views)
hit is offline  
Old 21 December 2008, 21:47   #17
Asle
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Paris/France
Age: 49
Posts: 480
Hello,

This "Tune05" is corrupted too. I guess a clean disk would solve this.
Regarding Cytadela, I didn't keep the disks . I'll try to get them again. Will keep you updated.

Cya
Sylvain

OK, Disk 5 is something that looks like a DOS disk. If you force "DOS" and 0x01 in the 4 four first bytes, you'll be able to read it. However, it's useless as the files copied are wrong, copying tracks or whatever. I guess some skilled coder is required, here. Sorry.

Last edited by Asle; 21 December 2008 at 21:55.
Asle is offline  
Old 21 December 2008, 22:24   #18
mai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Federativnaya Respublika Germaniya
Posts: 4,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asle View Post
Hello,

This "Tune05" is corrupted too. I guess a clean disk would solve this.
Regarding Cytadela, I didn't keep the disks . I'll try to get them again. Will keep you updated.

Cya
Sylvain

OK, Disk 5 is something that looks like a DOS disk. If you force "DOS" and 0x01 in the 4 four first bytes, you'll be able to read it. However, it's useless as the files copied are wrong, copying tracks or whatever. I guess some skilled coder is required, here. Sorry.
Oh, its so simple to get a working DOS disk, and now all PP20 packed files are recognized by XFD, thank you, Asle
mai is online now  
Old 21 December 2008, 22:51   #19
mai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Federativnaya Respublika Germaniya
Posts: 4,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
I have all the tunes from Cytadela. There is no difficulty in ripping them.
How many tunes you have ripped? I have ripped 6 pp21 mods straight from disk.
Please tell me.

Last edited by mai; 21 December 2008 at 23:01.
mai is online now  
Old 22 December 2008, 11:41   #20
hit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: planet earth
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
Oh, its so simple to get a working DOS disk, and now all PP20 packed files are recognized by XFD, thank you, Asle
i've done the same, at least i tried. replaced first 4 bytes of diskimage with "DOS" and "0x01", now i can extract the disk and access the files, but they dont start with pp20 as expected, they have some leading bytes (10 to xxx) followed by the pp20.

any further hint?
hit is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shadow of the Beast 2 game over tune - taken from Miami Vice? laffer Retrogaming General Discussion 22 19 January 2009 15:34
Quartex tune in American tag-team wrestling game frikilokooo request.Modules 6 10 March 2007 14:20
Seeking name of game tune Magno Boots Retrogaming General Discussion 13 01 March 2006 12:53
Game with Devo tune (german?) andreas Looking for a game name ? 6 16 October 2004 11:19
Which (C64) game is this tune from? Bobbin Looking for a game name ? 4 11 September 2002 00:28

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.14114 seconds with 14 queries