English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 08 May 2022, 16:46   #41
acidbottle

Perhaps set your car accelerate (up and down) param to 0.05. Also up speed to 8 and left right a bit faster to. Feels similar to the arcade!

Hope you figure it all out, would be great to see a playable amiga version.
Old 08 May 2022, 17:41   #42
flibble42

Not got to that point yet, gonna need at least 3 acceleration stages and left/right swerves. Just wanted to see what sort of things i could get on screen.

I downloaded a longplay to help build the road sections and building postions. Gonna be fun

Might need to grovel to Earok for that infinite scroll, i have ideas about how events in tiled could change where map data is fetched from without the teleport delays.

Last edited by flibble42; 08 May 2022 at 17:58.
Old 12 May 2022, 14:14   #43
flibble42

I have a question about the Teleport function, can it move all actors at once or do you have to create some kind of routine to do it?
Old 12 May 2022, 18:32   #44
Mixel

You'd have to create a routine to do it, for sure. And I have no idea exactly how you would..

One silly possibility - I wonder if you could briefly switch actor type for them all to being screen locked, so when you teleport the player the screen takes the actors with it, then switch them back and have it deposit them in the right place? (lol I have no idea if that'd work, you'd have to feed their position relative to the camerax/y into their Var4 and Var5 fields.. That's probably a bad idea.

EDIT: That was a terrible idea lol. It's actually much easier now I think about it. In theory.

Last edited by Mixel; 13 May 2022 at 02:04.
Old 12 May 2022, 18:56   #45
flibble42

Would be nice if there was an option to move all active actors to an x,y offset.
Thanks for the wry smile i had earlier watching your stream, "that shouldn't be player_x that should be actor_x", if you can't keep things straight with all your time on that project i don't feel so bad, and yes i don't yet know which i should be using and when either.
Old 12 May 2022, 19:19   #46
flibble42

I've been setting up all the blocks needed to control the player and npc cars, sand pushes car left and right, grass and water will kill you and i can transform from car to boat and back.

Given that at Spy Hunter speeds 512 blocks goes by in a flash i want to find a reason to stop the chase for the teleport to happen, maybe pull off the road for a static fight (might also make the title make more sense), get back in your car (the teleport happened but you didn't notice) get back on the road and continue.

As you can tell i am really hungup on having to teleport every 512 blocks, it could really ruin the flow.

Also i am thinking about making multiple road strips, much like the Star Wars trench run if you miss the exit to the boss you repeat the section again. If you pull into the Boss Fight win or lose you move to a new section, you just don't get a point or game over, dunno yet.
Old 12 May 2022, 19:23   #47
Mixel

I mix things up allllll the time I scrapped and remade that wormy boss so many times before it was something i like

Either actor/player work in that situation on almost all my levels.. If I don't think there's going to be many dialogue floaters in a level then it doesnt matter if i use Player or Actor X/y to filter them, as there's no chance of overlap and i can set a big area (usually just a if X>something ) But when I'm planning on putting lots of dialogue popups in the room it's a bad idea as the player's position shouldn't be dictating which lines pop up, and i might have to set a tiny box to fit them all in.. (the collision box on the floater has already confirmed the player is there).