English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 01 May 2022, 19:37   #321
aros-sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixel View Post
Hahaha what did purple ever do to you?

Don't know. Maybe just something wrong in my head. I know almost all this games in this screenshots you posted. The color does not "feel" the same everywhere. Blue-ish purple seems worse than red-ish or pink-ish purple. But the "feel" maybe is also influenced by the colors of the nearby pixels (also purple, or different shade of purple or completely different like white/black pixels) or the look of the gfx. And/or something to do with high saturation maybe. And/or other colors (green) /gfx with high saturation. And/or dithering. And/or ~"context" (purple terrain?). No idea ...
Old 01 May 2022, 19:44   #322
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Indeed! Purple era rulezz!

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 02 May 2022, 16:19   #323
commodorejohn
Shameless recidivist

Quote:
Don Bluth and Hana Barbera frequently went fully purple any time they had atmospheric/spooky backdrop stuff happening.
True that.
Old 03 May 2022, 02:39   #324
Mixel

Don’t suppose anyone has an ECS system with 2MB chip + some fast (or just generally non chip)? (With no accelerator, that’s the crucial thing!) + mass storage.. Most common version of this would probably be the A600 with 2chip trapdoor expansion and PCMCIA ram on the side?

I’m doing some experiments for future low spec CMO builds.. Ultimately in some cases CMOhn may have to run at 25fps or risk unreliable frame rates.. So this is good practice for both the AGA and ECS version.

WinUAE seems to be suggesting that at 25FPS CMO runs well on machines way wayyy less powerful than I’d assumed, so I could use a test subject to see if it’s just being strange?
Old 05 May 2022, 00:26   #325
CCRider

Send a message via ICQ to CCRider
Quote:
Don’t suppose anyone has an ECS system with 2MB chip + some fast (or just generally non chip)? (With no accelerator, that’s the crucial thing!) + mass storage.. Most common version of this would probably be the A600 with 2chip trapdoor expansion and PCMCIA ram on the side?
I believe, nowadays, 2 MB Chip mem, mass storage and some kind of Fast RAM/accelerator clipped directly on the 68k (Furia EC020 et al) is pretty much standard for everyone that have an A600.
Old 05 May 2022, 01:19   #326
Mixel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
I believe, nowadays, 2 MB Chip mem, mass storage and some kind of Fast RAM/accelerator clipped directly on the 68k (Furia EC020 et al) is pretty much standard for everyone that have an A600.
Agreed but there's always some fringe case trying to run it on as low a spec as possible and if WinUAE is correct it runs great at 25fps.. on a 7mhz 68000, providing it has 2Chip/1MBfast - with zero concessions to tone down the copper parallax or anything like that, literally the "high spec" build Ive been working on but at half fps.. Seems to run great.

And that really surprises me quite a lot. I can get rid of any "020+" nonsense, right off the bat.