English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 17 November 2009, 14:16   #1
amigang

Amiga Forever - CD32 setup - help!

I've got Amiga Forever 2008, and being using it to play many classic Amiga games, there only two things I cant figure out, the CD32 setup and getting Capital Punishment working, I've givien up on the later, but I've not really ever needed the Cd32 emu as I have a real CD32, but recently had to put it away, and so now been trying to figure out how to set it up in AF.

I select the default setup in AF, and all I get is a black screen and no cd activity, is it meant to have the normal cd32 load in screen or is it just blank? I also tried to select pick up PC DVD drives but no luck.

I do remeber having a cd32 emu on my power tower amiga, has any one got a adf of this program and know if that would work in the workbench3.x config as that work perfectly and picks up my cd rom.

thanks
Old 17 November 2009, 14:30   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Again not sure how Amiga Forever handles it, but for WinUAE you just put your CD32 game in your CD/DVD drive (or mount it if you have an image) and start the emulation with a CD32 quickstart/config set. Even without a valid CD in the drive you should get the CD32 boot screen. Maybe your version doesn't include the CD32 roms?
Old 17 November 2009, 14:31   #3
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigang View Post
I've got Amiga Forever 2008, and being using it to play many classic Amiga games, there only two things I cant figure out, the CD32 setup and getting Capital Punishment working, I've givien up on the later, but I've not really ever needed the Cd32 emu as I have a real CD32, but recently had to put it away, and so now been trying to figure out how to set it up in AF.

I select the default setup in AF, and all I get is a black screen and no cd activity, is it meant to have the normal cd32 load in screen or is it just blank? I also tried to select pick up PC DVD drives but no luck.

I do remeber having a cd32 emu on my power tower amiga, has any one got a adf of this program and know if that would work in the workbench3.x config as that work perfectly and picks up my cd rom.

thanks
should be a simple case of selecting CD32 config, then start. It should then check drive and load if disc ther, else it will load kickstart screen.
Old 17 November 2009, 16:42   #4
antonvaltaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Again not sure how Amiga Forever handles it... Maybe your version doesn't include the CD32 roms?
Amiga Forever does definitely include the CD32 ROMs, I have Amiga Forever 2008 and I have run CD32 emulation no problem.

You just have to go into the WinUAE configuration and choose the CD32 quickstart. The only difference with me is I just mount CD32 disc images with Daemon Tools rather than using physical discs.
Old 17 November 2009, 16:48   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonvaltaz View Post
Amiga Forever does definitely include the CD32 ROMs, I have Amiga Forever 2008 and I have run CD32 emulation no problem.
I was thinking about the value edition. How does the AF player handle CD32 games? Is there an option or do you just start WinUAE?
Old 17 November 2009, 16:50   #6
antonvaltaz

You just start WinUAE, Amiga Forever itself doesn't have any options for CD32 - but it does include the ROMs, and you can start WinUAE from the AF Launcher.
Old 17 November 2009, 16:52   #7
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info Then it's the same as described above.