English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 04 May 2012, 13:29   #61
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Got it working now,put the old one back in,The funny thing is its the same version 7c..
Old 08 May 2012, 12:37   #62
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Can you edit AG Launch to add games to it,I would like to add Man U Europe..?

Will there be a scan feature so it only shows the game you have on your HD..??
Old 08 May 2012, 15:03   #63
Gordon
Settler

Yes, you can edit them by using editpad from your ClassicWb installation.
Old 18 October 2012, 15:00   #64
damiraga

Hope somebody can help me with my problem:

I am using CWB Lite on my A1200 with 4GB CF card. Game packs are on two partitions. Is it possible to assign A-Games to both partitions, or to do some sort of "double assign" to point AGL to my P-Z game drawers which reside on second game partition.

Right now, A-games is assigned to the first game partition, so only half of my games (A-O) work from the launcher.

Thanks!
Old 18 October 2012, 17:15   #65
Gordon
Settler

You will need to edit the invidivual pages of AGlaunch in the installation folder. (It has a page for each letter). So for example you will need to edit the "p" page (html file) to have all the games point to the new location. Then edit q then r etc etc. A simple find and replace can do this.
Old 19 October 2012, 11:49   #66
damiraga

That did it!
Thanks for the tip!
Old 09 January 2013, 12:14   #67
clownstyle

Just spotted this. I have a 600HD with 4Gb compact flash card.

I have 2Mb and no flash ram, how would I get on running WHDLoad games with this? My 600 has been relegated to the loft until I can warrant paying for an accelerator. This might just be what I'm looking for.

Will I be able to run most 1-2 disk games? I suffered before with dropping audio and flashing screens but I may have been using an old version of whdload.

I boot into ClassicWB Green Amiga Alien Edition if that's any help
Old 09 January 2013, 12:23   #68
fgh

The later versions of ClassicWB has AG-Launch installed, hold left mouse button while booting to launch it with max memory left.
You'll be able to run many games with 2MB, but not all. Here is a nice list of whdload games memory requirements (free memory).
For games, 4MB fast RAM from Kipper2K is plenty, and it's only ~25GBP +shipping.

Have fun!
Old 09 January 2013, 12:31   #69
clownstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgh View Post
The later versions of ClassicWB has AG-Launch installed, hold left mouse button while booting to launch it with max memory left.
You'll be able to run quite a few games with 2MB, but far from all. Here is a nice list of whdload games memory requirements (free memory).
For games, 4MB fast RAM from Kipper2K is plenty, and it's only ~25GBP +shipping.

Have fun!
Damn... I'm buying one!!

Just need to remember how to install Classic WB again!! It's been a while :/
Old 09 January 2013, 12:35   #70
fgh

Wait, you can also install AG-Launch manually, It'll be much easier than reinstalling the whole OS

Have a look at the readme that comes with AG-Launch for instructions..
Old 09 January 2013, 12:36   #71
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by clownstyle View Post
Damn... I'm buying one!!

Just need to remember how to install Classic WB again!! It's been a while :/
Kippers 4mb Ram boards really are a must for any A600 user, you'll be able to load nearly all the ECS games out there, you will still get the screen flashing with really big games but your run of the mill stuff will be perfectly fine.

If you get stuck setting up Classic Workbench I offer a Hard Drive/CF install service

Of course there are lots of guides on here and other forums you can also follow.

All the best,

Steve.
Old 09 January 2013, 12:38   #72
clownstyle

Great news fitzsteve! I managed to get the previous one working so I *should* be ok. Think I used a guide I found on here actually!

Only thing that annoys me is my mouse is really bad and I find the replacement ones really expensive! Its annoying to use in workbench!
Old 09 January 2013, 12:59   #73
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by clownstyle View Post

Only thing that annoys me is my mouse is really bad and I find the replacement ones really expensive! Its annoying to use in workbench!
Have you tried cleaning the rollers? Nearly all bad mice I've had here have been fine after a clean

Button problems are harder to fix though!

@Zetr0

More Kudos for AGLaunch, I setup an A1200 with just 4mb Ram (and a 4gb CF loaded with WHDLoad goodness) it really is a nice way to launch the games in a lower memory environment
Old 09 January 2013, 13:29   #74
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Wow! thanks for the kudos and kind words guys!

I really should try and get some time to update this project to 1.0!

I have been playing with a CD version for the CDTV and CD32 that loads a skeletal WB with Joy-Mouse activated to allow for direct loading.

Sadly the CDTV really deseperately needs more CHIP memory, even with FAST RAM, there a games that work on the A600 2MB CHIP that wont on the 4MB FAST 1MB CHIP CDTV.

The CD32 is different though, as this loads a lot quicker than the 222 / 444 and 888 menu / games disks
Old 09 January 2013, 14:04   #75
clownstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
Have you tried cleaning the rollers? Nearly all bad mice I've had here have been fine after a clean
Tried cleaning it out. Maybe I've been spoilt with optical mice! Looks like the one I have has been through the wars though
Old 09 January 2013, 14:06   #76
fgh

AGLaunch is very nice, I've been using it on my a1200 and a600 since it came out..
Thanks again Zetr0!

If you take suggestions, I vote for some new gamesets, like 'only OCS/ECS', or 'only english language games'.
And perhaps one day including Retroplay's WHDLoad gamesets?

A CD32 version would be cool as well though. Those other collections look good, but they are pretty slow...
Old 09 January 2013, 14:32   #77
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Quote:
Just spent one and a half hour trying to make sense of regular expressions again, to remove entries with De/Fr/It/Es/Pl/Cz for my a1200 and AGA/CD32 for my a600, but I gave up

A game scanner would be excellent, but if that will not happen, having different game sets would rock:
1: All games
2: ECS/OCS games
3: English games
4: English ECS/OCS games
Great idea!

Now, everyone can modify their own guides to refelct thier game directories, one can even have more than one guide for A, B, C ect. such that

E_en.guide for "E" in english only titles

once could take this further with E_ECS_en - "E" starting titles, OCS/ECS only and English

I really like this idea, while its a bit more work, I think this could really round up and be a great feature for AG-Launch.

Quote:
And what about an update for the new WHD pack by Retroplay?
Quote:
AGLaunch is very nice, I've been using it on my a1200 and a600 since it came out..
Thanks again Zetr0!

If you take suggestions, I vote for some new gamesets, like 'only OCS/ECS', or 'only english language games'.
And perhaps one day including Retroplay's WHDLoad gamesets?

A CD32 version would be cool as well though. Those other collections look good, but they are pretty slow...

I like all these ideas!

I will also add an option for WHDLoad Demos as well.

I need to update my WHDLoad packs so I can update the guides, I will be refomatting to take advantage of what Konrad has done here

I really love the layout, I am also tempted to create an info button and favourites button for each entry - but this depends on how much more ram is taken up by the guides itself.

I had an idea to an opposite version of AG-Launch, and include huge amounts of data per entry with links to HOL and images - perhaps even begging the HOL guys so I can make a small Amiga embeded version of HOL for use with AG-Launch - I know Cody is very protective of his teams work - I can work with begging and ritual sacrifices if that appeases =D

Alternatively we could look at linking the program to HOL for internet equipped amiga's (just putting that out there)

So to start

1. Update KGWHD packs
2. Add Demo lists for AG-Launch
3. Add (Add / Remove) Favourites menu for AG-Launch

So, where does one get the new and improved KGWHD packs these days?
Old 09 January 2013, 14:40   #78
fgh

Cool! RetroPlay's WHD packs are downloaded as single games by FTP, instructions here.
There are a few hundred games, some new and some updated versions.
Old 09 January 2013, 15:55   #79
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

no big packs anymore?
Old 10 January 2013, 10:57   #80
fgh

No, I don't think so, so you'll have to go through your KG set and delete old versions of updated games unfortunately.

AFAIK Retroplay has done all new and updated WHDLoad slaves after KG stopped in 2009.