English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 30 January 2017, 05:12   #1
Pheonix

Exclamation Picasso IV partially working

OK, got my Picasso IV partially working now. If I set either Zorro II mode or only 2 MB RAM (either one,) it will now boot up, and I seem to have access to all video modes. Set it to Zorro III with 4 MB RAM and it boots, but I don't get a screen, well, I get part of a screen, but no mouse. I thought it was just moved up to off the top for bit there, but that wasn't the case.

So, that made me feel a little more hopeful. Maybe it can be fixed after all. But one problem still remains. I cannot get even the reduced Picasso IV running with my Buddha Flash (or the Catweasel w/Buddha.) Set it for 4 MB Zorro II and the Buddha just isn't seen, trying to use drivers from the disk, and it Guru's out. Set it for 2 MB Zorro III and I just get a bright neon yellow/green screen. Set it for 2 MB Zorro II and it seems to boot just fine until the WB is supposed to come up, then I get a black screen.

Assuming that the Picasso IV, Buddha Flash, Cyberstorm MK-II 68060/50 Mhz is supposed to be fine together, then I'm hoping that all of the problems are actually just one, fixable, problem. The first issue would seem, to me, to be either the memory management or the buss management. Either one could also interfere with the Buddha. Any idea on how to check these out? I have already flashed the BIOS on both cards. Haven't updated the BIOS on the Cyberstorm, but not sure (yet,) exactly how to go about doing that, and would rather wait till I've tried everything on the Picasso & Buddha first.

It is an Amiga A4000 with all chips updated to the latest/best version (Buster 11 I believe & Kickstart 3.1 for example.) Currently I have installed 16 MB Motherboard Fast RAM, 2 MB Chip RAM, Picasso IV, Buddha Flash, Cyberstorm MK-II 68060/50Mhz with 128 MB CPU RAM, Generic DVD-ROM omni-burner (read & burn DVD-/+R, DVD-/+RW,DVD-/+R DL,DVD-/+RW DL, DVD-RAM, CD-R, & CD-RW,) 1.3 GB IDE HDD, 9 GB IDE HDD, & Chinon HD Floppy. Don't really need (or plan to use,) the burner. But a straight DVD-ROM was $30 and that Omni-Burner was only $15. Figured it wouldn't hurt