English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 04 April 2006, 15:38   #1
technium

Amiga Tower display problems

I brought a 2nd hand amiga tower off ebay awhile ago and it worked when I first tried it and then I changed the screen resolution and restarted and now I get nothing but a white screen with the flat screen monitor connected to one port or "no Signal" if I connect the monitor to the other port.

I know its got one of those scan doubler things but I just cant get any display at all apart from this white screen. Any help?

thanks

Colin
Old 04 April 2006, 17:08   #2
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Boot with "no startup-sequence" or press ctrl-c while booting and after a while write

rename sys:prefs/env-archive/screenmode.prefs sys:prefs/env-archive/screenmode.prefs_BAK

Try to boot now and see what happens. If still white screen connect a tv or amiga monitor to the miggy and try with that.
Old 04 April 2006, 17:12   #3
technium

thanks mate, got it booting now, took all cards out and reseated the mediator 1200 and put the cards back in one at a time, and it all worked fine upto the point I put the 3dfs graphics card back in, well actually it still worked then until I connected the power lead upto the 3dfx graphics card and now it doesnt work for some reason, any ideas?

when I did get into workbench I couldnt change resolution coz it kept saying close all windows except drawers and then retry but all windows were closed apart from the actually main workbench window so any ideas on that one also??

thanks for looking
Old 04 April 2006, 17:19   #4
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
What OS-version you have? What's the power lead for in the gfx card? You may have some background program that interferes with the screenmode changing.
Old 04 April 2006, 17:25   #5
technium

not sure, the 3dfx card goes in pci slot and has a proper power connector like the ones that go into backs of cd drives and it connects directly to the card which btw has 2 fans on it. How can I tell what os I have, I think its 3.9 but if you tell me how to find out I can check.

thanks
Old 04 April 2006, 22:49   #6
technium

Well now ive really blown it!

I uninstalled the picasso 96 software and drivers, rebooted and now all I get from the standard amiga monitor port is "video input out of range" and with the gfx card monitor port I get "no signal" so............

I renamed the screenmode.prefs and restarted, same error, deleted the screenmode.prefs this time and restarted, same error so im getting no where please help