English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 04 November 2009, 16:10   #1
Kitty

Question My New Minimig

(I posted these questions to Amigakit but they havnt got back to me yet, so maybe the Amiga community may be able to help until they do )

Got a few questions regarding the 4 meg upgrade I had on my minimig I received from Amigakit yesterday, as my other Minimig hasnt got the extra memory, and it's currently on loan.

Minimig seems to be working great just gotta test joystick port 2, very important for 2 player gaming sessions

I have minimig_build_YQ090421 firmware and kick 1.3 on my setup which runs Amiga classic games (1.3 era) just great, what I would like to know is how do I know the extra 2meg ram is working ok?
I am still waiting on the arm controller but there must be a way to test the extra ram is working in the meantime.
In memory in tinyboot I have options to change from 0.5 right up to 2meg in ram for the minimig, the 4 meg ram is nothing to do with these settings has it?
What I mean is should it not go up to 4 meg rather than 2 meg max or is this something totally different?
Also slow ram goes right up to 1.5 and I dont see any option for fast ram although isnt fast ram option shown once the arm controller is installed?
I can change the speed of the cpu from 7,09 to 28,36 MHz, can you only do that with 4 meg ram?

Or heres my other theory,

I need the latest arm firmware and the arm controller to see the upgrade from 2meg to 4meg?
Is SYSInfo available on adf?
It would be easy to compair this against my other minimig, but I'm currently lending it out to a friend at the moment.

So basically what I'm asking is there anyway to test if the ram is working on a 4 meg minimig with no arm controller?

Last edited by Kitty; 04 November 2009 at 16:26.
Old 04 November 2009, 16:51   #2
amigakit.com

Press F12 on the keyboard and the use the arrow keys to goto the Memory options - you can then change Slow Memory and Chip Memory up to a combined maximum of 3.5MB (0.5MB is reserved for kickstart ROM)
Old 04 November 2009, 16:54   #3
Kitty

thanks Amigakit, as usual, great product, great service