English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 10 November 2019, 17:24   #101
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
More problems ...

Found some gfx glitches in "Noxious-BeyondBelief" demo after the "wet-window" part and also in part after that! (not happens in Winuae4210)

Testing config: quickstart A1200 4MB Fast + chipset/cycle-exact (full) enabled
It seems to work fine now in the latest "winuae_4300b4" with the same configuration.

One note:
Also work fine in quickstart A1200 + chipset/cycle-exact (full) w/o 4MB fast only if KS3.1 is used! (With KS.3.0 it will stop at cube rotation part.)

EDIT:
Another demo "SHD-Revelation" glitches with KS3.0 but seems fine with KS3.1! (quickstart A1200 + chipset/cycle-exact (full) basic) NO it seems fine! (my mistake)

Last edited by amilo3438; 10 November 2019 at 17:56.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 10 November 2019, 19:05   #102
AMIGASYSTEM
Registered User
AMIGASYSTEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brindisi (Italy)
Posts: 5,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Not enough information.
- no logs
- no config
- no information which was last working version
JIT + Video Card Picasso IV:

- Winuae 4.0.0 = Only PAL
- Winuae 4.1.0 = Only PAL
- Winuae 4.2.0 = Only PAL
- Winuae 4.2.0 = Only PAL
- Winuae 4.3.0 All Beta = Crash WinUAE

Attach config and Log

JIT + Video Card UAE Zorro III No problem with all versions
Attached Files
File Type: zip Log-Config.zip (16.2 KB, 20 views)
AMIGASYSTEM is offline  
Old 10 November 2019, 19:34   #103
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,145
Yet another problem ...

The demo "MYSTIC-Vital" after the "lady in sfere" part there is some glitches! (in beta1 does not happens)
The config: quickstart 1200 basic + cycle-exact (full) enabled!
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 10 November 2019, 20:30   #104
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 44
Posts: 23,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Some lagless beamracing adjustment testing.
Single slice mode work better now.
Some more stability improvements.
Toni Wilen is offline  
Old 16 November 2019, 21:37   #105
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 44
Posts: 23,346
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_4300b5.7z
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae64_4300b5.7z

Beta 5:

- Don't map invalid Blizzard 2060 maprom space and crash if board has no RAM installed.
- Added support for new cooked adf variant that can store sector headers: sector header data is appended at the end of normal ADF. Only enabled if ADF file size is exactly (80 to 82) * (512 + 16) * (11 or 22) * 2. Practically useless because almost no program uses sector headers and extended adf can already store them (but only in raw mfm form). GUI create disk image creator won't support it.
- Lagless vsync stability improvements. Current raster line polling removed, replaced with scanline calculation using last vsync time and total scanlines. Raster line polling causes huge GPU driver stalls.
- IVS Trumpcard *.driver to boot ROM automatic conversion didn't support older single hunk driver file versions.
Toni Wilen is offline  
Old 16 November 2019, 22:12   #106
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 44
Posts: 23,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Yet another problem ...
It does not matter. There won't be any CPU related changes until more CPU internal information is available (which is quite unlikely).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
JIT + Video Card Picasso IV:
Your config is invalid for OS4 ("UAE" Z3 mapping). Crash is probably side-effect that depends on other variables. Perhaps it can be fixed, perhaps not.
Toni Wilen is offline  
Old 18 November 2019, 00:51   #107
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Retroplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denmark
Age: 45
Posts: 3,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
- Lagless vsync stability improvements. Current raster line polling removed, replaced with scanline calculation using last vsync time and total scanlines. Raster line polling causes huge GPU driver stalls.
Anybody else experiencing major slowdowns in b5 ?

WinUAE 4.3.0b5 crawls to a halt with Fullscreen + lagless VSync (Beamraced) (4).
If I revert back to 4.3.0b4 it's running smooth as butter again.
Retroplay is offline  
Old 18 November 2019, 00:54   #108
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,704
Unfortunately I can't test "lagless VSync" as it's never worked for me on my old Windows 7 laptop
DamienD is offline  
Old 18 November 2019, 01:04   #109
arcanist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 36
Posts: 198
b5 works OK on my Windows 10 / Ryzen 1700 / GTX 1070 system with Fullscreen + Lagless VSync + 4.
arcanist is online now  
Old 18 November 2019, 01:18   #110
alpine9000
Registered User

 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 730
I tried lagless vsync on a an Alienware m15. With the built in monitor the refresh was slow and jerky. With an external gsync monitor is was silky smooth but everything ran way too fast.
alpine9000 is offline  
Old 18 November 2019, 06:09   #111
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Retro-Nerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 47
Posts: 11,806
It's still a Vsync, you have to set your monitor to 50Hz. Works great here, as before.
Retro-Nerd is online now  
Old 18 November 2019, 06:49   #112
alpine9000
Registered User

 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
It's still a Vsync, you have to set your monitor to 50Hz. Works great here, as before.
Ah right I get it now, I kinda assumed with gsync winuae would set the refresh rate to the desired rate as games do.
alpine9000 is offline  
Old 18 November 2019, 12:01   #113
hexaae
Registered User

hexaae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Italy
Age: 43
Posts: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine9000 View Post
Ah right I get it now, I kinda assumed with gsync winuae would set the refresh rate to the desired rate as games do.
However...
Not to take anything away from amazing work by Toni in that area, but Fullscreen for Native Modes and your natural G-Sync should be good enough anyway to play with WinUAE...
I honestly didn't ever notice any preceptible annoying input-lag to push me test the lagless modes deeply in WinUAE, and is smooth as hell too with perfect auto-50Hz refresh. I've set NVidia's Fastsync for WinUAE.

My WinUAE cfg: https://hastebin.com/alibuvufow.php

Last edited by hexaae; 18 November 2019 at 12:11.
hexaae is offline  
Old 18 November 2019, 18:07   #114
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 44
Posts: 23,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay View Post
Anybody else experiencing major slowdowns in b5 ?

WinUAE 4.3.0b5 crawls to a halt with Fullscreen + lagless VSync (Beamraced) (4).
If I revert back to 4.3.0b4 it's running smooth as butter again.
More information needed. (at least both logs).
Does slices = 1 also work badly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine9000 View Post
Ah right I get it now, I kinda assumed with gsync winuae would set the refresh rate to the desired rate as games do.
VSync still works like vsync, with or without g-sync.

Don't enable vsync to get g-sync = vsync-like behavior without vsync related problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
However...
Not to take anything away from amazing work by Toni in that area, but Fullscreen for Native Modes and your natural G-Sync should be good enough anyway to play with WinUAE...
I honestly didn't ever notice any preceptible annoying input-lag to push me test the lagless modes deeply in WinUAE, and is smooth as hell too with perfect auto-50Hz refresh. I've set NVidia's Fastsync for WinUAE.
Try pinball dreams with and without lagless vsync. It is almost guaranteed you will feel something being wrong without lagless vsync.
Toni Wilen is offline  
Old 18 November 2019, 20:10   #115
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Retroplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denmark
Age: 45
Posts: 3,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
More information needed. (at least both logs).
Does slices = 1 also work badly?
Yes, 1 slice has same problem.
I see a lot of pull overflow! 3840 1920 3840 inb5 logs.

b4 logs, where everything works attached just in case.

I'm on latest nVidia 441.20 driver (GTX1080).
Attached Files
File Type: 7z WinUAE 4.3.0b4.7z (7.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: 7z WinUAE 4.3.0b5 (1 slice).7z (7.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: 7z WinUAE 4.3.0b5 (4 slices).7z (7.3 KB, 12 views)
Retroplay is offline  
Old 18 November 2019, 21:53   #116
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 44
Posts: 23,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay View Post
Yes, 1 slice has same problem.
I see a lot of pull overflow! 3840 1920 3840 inb5 logs.

b4 logs, where everything works attached just in case.

I'm on latest nVidia 441.20 driver (GTX1080).
It probably is Windows 7 (or driver) not really supporting D3DKMTWaitForVerticalBlankEvent properly (I already had comment there that mentions some Win7 related side-effect).

So "fix" is to fall back to old method if win7.
Toni Wilen is offline  
Old 19 November 2019, 00:26   #117
hexaae
Registered User

hexaae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Italy
Age: 43
Posts: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Try pinball dreams with and without lagless vsync. It is almost guaranteed you will feel something being wrong without lagless vsync.
Tested. I use fastsync, and set WinUAE like this (see also my signature) and is perfectly smooth and synced to 50Hz (or 60Hz when in NTSC) with G-Sync to me, I don't force vsync in WinUAE GUI:



I feel no lag. I'm just saying is very good (smooth and can't feel lag) also with bare g-sync even if lagless is technically better
Vsync only (no g-sync) in comparison is horrible.

Last edited by hexaae; 19 November 2019 at 19:33.
hexaae is offline  
Old 19 November 2019, 02:39   #118
r.cade
Registered User
r.cade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Augusta, Georgia, USA
Posts: 367
Send a message via AIM to r.cade Send a message via MSN to r.cade Send a message via Yahoo to r.cade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
It probably is Windows 7 (or driver) not really supporting D3DKMTWaitForVerticalBlankEvent properly (I already had comment there that mentions some Win7 related side-effect).

So "fix" is to fall back to old method if win7.
This happens to me also on Windows 7 - with a good old GTX 770, anyway. Only 3 more months to go, right? (1/20/20 is EOL).

Why use newest Windows when we're emulating computers from the 80's and 90's?
r.cade is offline  
Old 19 November 2019, 15:28   #119
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

lordofchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bedfordshire
Age: 41
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay View Post
Anybody else experiencing major slowdowns in b5 ?

WinUAE 4.3.0b5 crawls to a halt with Fullscreen + lagless VSync (Beamraced) (4).
If I revert back to 4.3.0b4 it's running smooth as butter again.
Interesting. Having the opposite effect for me.

With Beta 5, I can now use up to 24 slices with no tearing or slowdown, and yet with last official release 4.2.1 was only using about 6/7 slices before getting tearing.. Not sure what's causing these diffrences, changes to WinUAE/NVIDIA Drivers/Windows 10?

Info enclosed if needed.

(Windows 10 64bit, GTX 750 TI, Driver 441.20)
Attached Files
File Type: uae A500 .uae (11.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (8.4 KB, 10 views)
lordofchaos is offline  
Old 19 November 2019, 19:29   #120
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 44
Posts: 23,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofchaos View Post
Interesting. Having the opposite effect for me.

With Beta 5, I can now use up to 24 slices with no tearing or slowdown, and yet with last official release 4.2.1 was only using about 6/7 slices before getting tearing.. Not sure what's causing these diffrences, changes to WinUAE/NVIDIA Drivers/Windows 10?

Info enclosed if needed.

(Windows 10 64bit, GTX 750 TI, Driver 441.20)
It was almost unusable here before this update. (Windows 10 Insider, 1080Ti)

Lagless vsync assumes specific side-effect that is not guaranteed.
Toni Wilen is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WinUAE >= 3.3.0 crash on Win 10 Insider Preview 18282 before pressing start. hceline support.WinUAE 9 04 January 2019 23:55
WinUAE complete Changelog? rsn8887 support.WinUAE 2 24 February 2018 07:38

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09721 seconds with 14 queries