English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 06 September 2019, 22:58   #381
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
When the WHDload user packages are extracted I've noticed that Games (Beta) get included with Games so a seperate Games (Beta & Unreleased) folder is not created especially for those, is that meant to be the case?

Also Drawers Add Files/AddGames & AddDemos scripts do nothing?
EAB WHDLoad Games and Games beta are configured to be installed into the same folder. At the time I started this project it was the easiest way of generating a menus for all installed games. Later I have discovered that "Assign ADD" is fantastic for splitting things like games into multiple folders and partitions still making them appear as being in the same folder. But this can be changed, so beta games doesn't get mixed with the full ones.

Please describe more about AddGames and AddDemos that does nothing? Where do they exist?
Old 06 September 2019, 23:04   #382
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossb View Post
I had the same question. However I have an earlier version of CWB (27?) ADVSP installed from a while back and it has these same icons. Is there no way of getting these icons with ADVSP using this installer? I tried everything but to no avail. As mentioned the only unstsll that uses these is the OS3.x one.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
The icons shown in this screenshot is ClassicWB OS39 and they only exist in this ClassicWB. The only way to have these icons added to ClassicWB ADVSP would be to copy icons (all .info) from ClassicWB OS39 to ClassicWB ADVSP manually. Then you would have to rename some if programs doesn't match icons, which can be an issue when copying between ClassicWBs.
Old 07 September 2019, 01:14   #383
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
Please describe this issue with more details. Does this happen with ClassicWB ADVSP installed with Amiga OS 3.1.4 right clicking from Workbench selecting "DEMOS"?

Yeah selecting "DEMOS" from the right click bar at the top of workbench.
It sure does, I initial thought it was a stack issue but upping the stack does not solve it.
Old 07 September 2019, 01:38   #384
wiz12

Quote:
EAB WHDLoad Games and Games beta are configured to be installed into the same folder. At the time I started this project it was the easiest way of generating a menus for all installed games. Later I have discovered that "Assign ADD" is fantastic for splitting things like games into multiple folders and partitions still making them appear as being in the same folder. But this can be changed, so beta games doesn't get mixed with the full ones.

Please describe more about AddGames and AddDemos that does nothing? Where do they exist?
You can find AddGames & AddDemos inside Drawers/Add Files on ClassicWB. I think it's purpose is to add all games & demos into a list for iGame. I suppose it's the same function as scaning repositories really.

Old 10 September 2019, 20:40   #385
cyberhead97

Quote:
You can find AddGames & AddDemos inside Drawers/Add Files on ClassicWB. I think it's purpose is to add all games & demos into a list for iGame. I suppose it's the same function as scaning repositories really.

Thanks for the tip about the non functioning AddDemos and AddGames.

I examined them and noticed that they reference VNC: (Vince Shell), which doesn't exist with Amiga OS 3.1.4. So I have fixed the icons by replacing VNC: with CON:. I have attached fixed icons (.info files) you can extract and replace as a quick fix.

This fix will also be added as part of next release
Attached Files
File Type: lha classicwb_os39_314_fix.lha (8.5 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by cyberhead97; 10 September 2019 at 22:23. Reason: spelling
Old 10 September 2019, 21:13   #386
wiz12

Thanks for the fix.
Old 10 September 2019, 22:41   #387
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
Yeah selecting "DEMOS" from the right click bar at the top of workbench.
It sure does, I initial thought it was a stack issue but upping the stack does not solve it.
I examined this issue briefly and I suspect that LazyBench http://aminet.net/package/util/cdity/LazyBench120 used for DEMOS and GAMES menus doesn't like large lists of demos or games. I will experiment with 1000-3000+ entries in DEMOS and GAMES to see what will happen.

I would recommend another demo or game launcher like iGame, AGS2, XBench or TinyLauncher. I have used both iGame and AGS2 with 1000-3000+ demos and games without any issues.
Old 11 September 2019, 14:30   #388
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossb View Post
Thank you, that's a job for tomorrow. And also, thank you for all your work on this, it's much appreciated!!

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
I have now updated ClassicWB ADVSP installation to disable Scalos and replaced it with Tools Daemon and Magic Menu and it seems to work fine with it's original icons.

This will be part of next HstWB Installer release
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	classicwb_advsp_scalos_disabled.png
Views:	133
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	64431  
Old 11 September 2019, 18:35   #389
wiz12

I think I may have stumbled upon another bug or at least I think it's a bug. This is again with Classicwb installed over 3.1.4. (including 3.1.4.1 update)

If you open the Workbench drawer, select Window/Show All Files and move the bottom cursor bar all the way to the right. Then select Window/Show only icons and then move the bottom cursor bar back to the left, the cursor bar still shows the dark strip on the right like on the image below.

Right clicking on the top menu bar will refresh this back to normal.

Old 11 September 2019, 19:51   #390
symbios24

Hi any progress for the raspberry pi version?
Old 11 September 2019, 20:30   #391
cyberhead97

Quote:
I think I may have stumbled upon another bug or at least I think it's a bug. This is again with Classicwb installed over 3.1.4. (including 3.1.4.1 update)

If you open the Workbench drawer, select Window/Show All Files and move the bottom cursor bar all the way to the right. Then select Window/Show only icons and then move the bottom cursor bar back to the left, the cursor bar still shows the dark strip on the right like on the image below.

Right clicking on the top menu bar will refresh this back to normal.

I tested it and see what you mean. You can also get it back to normal by selecting Window and Update. I tried installing Amiga OS 3.1.4.1 without ClassicWB and I see the same issue with attached screenshot. So I would say this is more a Amiga OS 3.1.4.1 bug or it has been like this since Amiga OS 3.1 or even older versions. In my opinion it's not a critical bug, but it can cause some confusion: what to the right?... huh, nothing.

I would recommend this is reported to Hyperion Entertainment with description of how to reproduce the issue for them to hopefully include a fix in a future release of Amiga OS.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	amiga_os_3.1.4.1_scrollbar_bug.png
Views:	135
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	64437  
Old 11 September 2019, 20:31   #392
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbios24 View Post
Hi any progress for the raspberry pi version?
It's still work-in-progress. I sincerely hope to have something ready next week.
Old 11 September 2019, 20:58   #393
wiz12

Quote:
I tested it and see what you mean. You can also get it back to normal by selecting Window and Update. I tried installing Amiga OS 3.1.4.1 without ClassicWB and I see the same issue with attached screenshot. So I would say this is more a Amiga OS 3.1.4.1 bug or it has been like this since Amiga OS 3.1 or even older versions. In my opinion it's not a critical bug, but it can cause some confusion: what to the right?... huh, nothing.

I would recommend this is reported to Hyperion Entertainment with description of how to reproduce the issue for them to hopefully include a fix in a future release of Amiga OS.
I just tested this on 3.1.4.1 too and you're right, it's the same minor bug however I don't think it's present on 3.1. I think they will release an update soon so perhaps they are aware of this already, if not I suppose it could be reported to them.
Old 20 September 2019, 23:04   #394
jdryyz

Forgive my ignorance. I'm a ClassicWB_68k user who would like to update it (fresh install, actually) for OS 3.1.4. I'm not sure what archive(s) I should be downloading from the HstWB installer site. Do I still need an original ClassicWB package of my choice or is that included in the HstWB installer?

I do own the OS 3.1.4 ROM and disks. WinUAE is preferred to assist with the initial setup.

Thanks.
Old 21 September 2019, 00:47   #395
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdryyz View Post
Forgive my ignorance. I'm a ClassicWB_68k user who would like to update it (fresh install, actually) for OS 3.1.4. I'm not sure what archive(s) I should be downloading from the HstWB installer site. Do I still need an original ClassicWB package of my choice or is that included in the HstWB installer?

I do own the OS 3.1.4 ROM and disks. WinUAE is preferred to assist with the initial setup.

Thanks.
Just download HstWB Installer v1.4.1 Portable with packages, You can use any of the classicWB packages I think with 3.1.4, the package installer will tell you what you can use to be fair as well. I used ClassicWB for OS3.9 with no problems apart from the issue above which now has a patch.
Old 21 September 2019, 17:07   #396
jdryyz

Looks like before I can use the installer, I have to perform a couple of updates. I am running Windows 7.

https://github.com/henrikstengaard/h...#MSI-installer

Except that it appears to be stuck. See attachment. It has not advanced from this spot for several minutes.

Before stumbling onto this, I just tried double-clicking on the "setup" shortcut in the Portable with packages archive but it gave me an error message.

EDIT: Discovered I needed to disable some security in PowerShell in order to run scripts. I was then able to run the Windows Management Framework 5.1 from the shell. Still, the update seems to be doing a lot of nothing for several minutes. Sigh.

I see that the .msi installer is on the To Do list?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	update.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	64543  

Last edited by jdryyz; 21 September 2019 at 17:46.
Old 22 September 2019, 20:39   #397
jdryyz

I did some registry cleanup, ran my Windows Update Diagnostics a couple of times, and then launched the Windows Management Framework installer again and walked away.

When I returned several hours later, I saw that it installed this time!! Sure enough, I was then able to run the HstWB installer setup program. Ahh.

Now I just need to put aside some time to step through it.
Old 24 September 2019, 09:09   #398
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdryyz View Post
I did some registry cleanup, ran my Windows Update Diagnostics a couple of times, and then launched the Windows Management Framework installer again and walked away.

When I returned several hours later, I saw that it installed this time!! Sure enough, I was then able to run the HstWB installer setup program. Ahh.

Now I just need to put aside some time to step through it.
Great you got it running.

HstWB Installer is written in Windows Powershell as I needed a project to get more into writing Powershell scripts back in 2016. But this only works in a Windows environment which over time has also started to be an issue as I want it running on Mac OS and Linux as well.

I'm tinkering with HstWB Installer v2.0 and it will be rewritten from scratch in Python for cross platform support. It will come with a console interface as today and will also have a GUI. For the GUI I have experimented with EjectronJS, ReactJS and Material UI, which runs Python under the hood and it seems to work quite well.

... and yes the msi installer is on the todo list for now as it needs to install to users AppData and not "Program Files".

Last edited by cyberhead97; 24 September 2019 at 09:10. Reason: added msi installer note
Old 02 October 2019, 03:31   #399
jdryyz

Thanks! I hope to have some more time this weekend to complete the actual install.
Old 05 October 2019, 02:47   #400
bvh2k

Hi cyberhead97, firstly excellent work! this is an amazing project. I noticed installing ClassicWB ADVSP with 3.1.4 results in the wrong icons been installed. Is this a workaround for the Scalos NewIcons issue you reported on in this post:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=98678