English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 26 December 2005, 23:20   #21
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I'm unfortunately not familiar with that bug. You might have to go back to an earlier save.

Here is a list of all the bug's that have been found and fixed by some Thalion Webshrine fans (The fixed files are untested and as such not available at the moment). Most are cosmetic, there are a few like the Beast cave, Luminor's tower and Whirlpool which are fatal in will crash Ambermoon, so watch out for them.

Quote:
1) Burnville - Map labels in German * FIXED *

2) Snakesign - Map labels in German * FIXED *

3) Newlake - Map labels in German * FIXED *

4) LUMINOR's TOWER 3 - text on the door to Valdyn typo * FIXED *

5) BEAST's CAVE - Skeleton's text typo * FIXED *

6) PALACE OF PELANIS - bad-translated hint, 'WORRYING' changed to 'CONCERNS'

7) TEMPLE OF GALA - crystal ball's text typo * FIXED *

8) TEMPLE OF GALA - bad-translated hint, '' changed to 'GALA MUST STAND IN A BRIGHT GLOW'

9) ILLIEN - riddlemouth in SE corner cannot be answered due to two "ring" in the dictionaryenglish.file one of the 'RING' replaced with 'LOST RING'. * FIXED *

10) WHIRLPOOL - missed textblock * FIXED *

11) LYRAMION [0,0] - bug when sailing/flying near this point * fixed *

12) SAND LIZARD - untranslated 'SANDCHSE' changed to 'SAND LIZARD' * FIXED *

13) SANSRIE'S TUNNEL - SANSRIE'S KEY doesnt open tunnel door * FIXED *

14) PELANIS - Several entries refer to 'PELANIS' as 'PELANI' ( 2Map_texts.amb : 1A0.amb, 1A1,amb )

15) SANSRIES TEMPLE - mismatched textures between 2nd and 3rd and 1st and second floors ( down has stairs going up and up has stairs going down )

16) ILLIEN : 'Lendrai's Magic Weapon: open 9 AM to 7 PM' corrected to '9 AM to 5 PM' ( 2Map_texts.amb : 1A0.amb [22/07/01] )

17) WINDGATES : Bitmap corruption at Gemstone (310;736) and Illien (283;250)

18) ($B4) vs ($27) - All the 'S places i.e. WITCH's HOUSE had a ($B4) instead of a ($27) hence didnt show up as "'S" ( 1-2-3Map_texts.amb, dictionaryenglish.file [12/07/01] )

19) LIBARY - typo in dictionary file, LIBARY changed to LIBRARY [12/07/01]

20) MOP - "Mother-o-pearl chai" changed to "MOTHER OF PEARL CHAIN" (AM2_CPU/AM2_BLT [11/07/01])

21) "CHAMBERS OF THE HEAD PRIEST" : too long for map view, changed to "HEAD PRIST'S CHAMBERS" ( 2Map_texts.amb, 1B0.amb [07/07/01] )

22) Zombie Meister - corrected to 'MASTER' ( Monster_char_data.amb, 008.amb [01/June/01] )

23) Burnville - House of artists now has a CR after the cartographers name ( 2Map_texts.amb 11D.amb [03/June/01] )

24) Thieves' Guild shop : Open from 1PM to 8PM corrected to "1 AM to 8 AM" ( 2Map_texts.amb, 109.amb [3/June/01] )

25) Father Antonius mismatch - One string corrected to Anthony "FATHER ANTONIUS TAKES THE FLOWER AND THE WATER OF LIFE FROM YOU AND MIXES THEM" ( NPC_texts.amb, 002.amb [03/June/01] )

26) Lebab's Tower Brass - "hangs a parchment::" removed one ':' ( 1Map_texts.amb, 0B9.amb [05/jul/01] )
Old 27 December 2005, 01:00   #22
dAb

Thanks, that list would be useful. Also, if you want to add the stuck-in-the-wall bug in Nera's house, the workaround is to cast a JUMP spell just before the ceiling fall, I've managed to learn it with the adventurer and it works just fine. Btw, I found out how to reach the Tarbos temple.

PS is the webshrine down?
Old 27 December 2005, 12:23   #23
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

The forwarding portal amiga.tm has closed I think.

http://thalion.atari.org or http://alexh.umcus.org
Old 27 December 2005, 18:48   #24
dAb

I see.. hmm in the news you mentioned a walkthrough, is it available somewhere? I'm stuck again.. in Illien I met a woman who told me that Pelani has some problem to solve but when I talk to him I'm unable to figure out what to do, there are no highlighted words as usual. Another bug? Or maybe I'm just in the wrong place at the wrong time..?
Old 27 December 2005, 23:56   #25
A600
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh
(The fixed files are untested and as such not available at the moment). Most are cosmetic, there are a few like the Beast cave, Luminor's tower and Whirlpool which are fatal in will crash Ambermoon, so watch out for them.
Why don't you release the patch?
Old 28 December 2005, 03:28   #26
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAb
I see.. hmm in the news you mentioned a walkthrough, is it available somewhere? I'm stuck again.. in Illien I met a woman who told me that Pelani has some problem to solve but when I talk to him I'm unable to figure out what to do, there are no highlighted words as usual. Another bug? Or maybe I'm just in the wrong place at the wrong time..?
Erm that is listed above as one of the "bad translation" bugs. Ask her "WORRYING" and you'll get the information you need to continue.
Old 28 December 2005, 03:30   #27
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I dont release the patch because you can finish the game with the original files. I know, because I've done it. The same cannot be said for any patched files.

If someone was to beta the patches under pain of death never to release them without consent, play the game from start to end, going past all the places where the bugs have been fixed and prove to me that you can finish the game then I would release the patches.

At the moment I feel a buggy but "playable to the end" game is better than one floating around which is broken and doesnt let you complete it.
Old 28 December 2005, 04:27   #28
dAb

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh
Erm that is listed above as one of the "bad translation" bugs. Ask her "WORRYING" and you'll get the information you need to continue.
Huh sorry.. I guess I need some sleep.

Alex, whenever you need a beta tester for the patched files I'd be very glad to test them re-playing the whole game from start to end. I just need some time to beat it once (it'll take me ~ a month I guess), then I'd be ready. And for sure I won't release them without your consent, being an IT admin I'm really concerned in security and data protection. Btw, I don't have a real Amiga so I would need to test them in winuae. PM if interested. 'nite.
Old 28 December 2005, 15:00   #29
blade002
Zone Friend

Oh i used to love Ambermoon!!!.. I could never get an english version of it when it first came out, and then years later, i found it in about 1998!... so i started, playing it to death!!!.. I got so damn far in it too, until i got stuck!. I can remember flying around on the giant bird you get later on, only to find myself going to and fro and not being able to figure out what to do next!?..

I had explored every dungeon ( that i knew of ) thoroughly, and i had killed everything ( that i knew of.. lol ) and i was just plain stuck!. so i threw in the towel and now that was 7 years ago.

But its a brilliant game!...
Old 28 December 2005, 18:47   #30
dAb

Arrrrgh I'm stuck at the same point! Now that I have the eagle I'm able to reach the dwarf mine to the west of Spannenberg but I need a diamond to open a door and I really don't know where can I find it. I went in every shop of the islands and no merchant have it. Damn.
Old 29 December 2005, 00:50   #31
dAb

Found it.. Kire's moon is pretty impossible, I can't move a step in any direction without being attacked, very frustrating.
Old 29 December 2005, 03:07   #32
dAb

Ok I found out how to avoid all those insects.. now, is there a way to find Ferrin's daughter? I'm in the dungeon under the smithy and I really can't figure out what to do now.
Old 29 December 2005, 11:25   #33
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

You're in Ferrin's storage cellar eh? You'll just have to PICK at this one Until you've completed it.

Last edited by alexh; 29 December 2005 at 11:35.
Old 29 December 2005, 17:49   #34
dAb

Where? I tried to use the pickaxe all night long but all I get is "this item cannot be used here" :/
Old 29 December 2005, 18:06   #35
dAb

GOT IT! Very tricky.
Old 29 December 2005, 21:23   #36
dAb

Ugh. Triangles, round simbols, orange, red, white.. I hate math riddles.
Old 30 December 2005, 03:27   #37
dAb

4 palaces to go! I guess I'm very close to the end..
Old 30 December 2005, 12:26   #38
dAb

"What is all together?"

Good question. I'm going to blow up this damn riddlemouth, I just need to find a nuclear bomb. Arrrrgh.
Old 30 December 2005, 13:00   #39
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Ah, this is the mathematical problem of adding, there are numbers written in places everywhere.

All together = sum

Below the line = division

after the cross = multiplication
Old 30 December 2005, 13:10   #40
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

The riddle mouth asks "What is all together?" It wants the sum of the numbers visible on the four crystal balls you've seen so far. The answer is 46 + 46 + 75 + 75 = 242.

There are more crystal balls at four other places (67), (19), (1) and (15) and another riddlemouth that asks "What is all together if there are balls below the line and columns after a cross?" Here you have to construct another calculation using the crystal balls and the number of columns in the room. The answer is 301

I hope this isnt too much of a spoiler?