English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 17 March 2018, 14:46   #1
zeech

Is Chaos Strikes Back supported?

Hi, I'm using version 2.9.7dev3.

I was able to successfully play through Dungeon Master, but now I'm trying to play Chaos Strikes Back and it doesn't work? Has anyone managed to successfully emulate this game?

I can load the utility disk and import my characters, but when I try to run the game disk, I get a blue screen, followed by a black screen. Funny thing is, on the black screen I was able to click the mouse and hear the sound you get when you press a button in the dungeon. So I think the game is actually running, but not displaying anything. The blue screen is probably the intro animation.

I've tried various combinations of settings, to no avail. Can anyone give me some tips? Or is the game not supported currently?

Thanks!

Edit: Same result on 2.8.3

Last edited by zeech; 17 March 2018 at 15:27.

Old 19 March 2018, 16:53   #2
zeech

I got it working on WinUAE. I had to change all the settings to resemble the original Amiga 500 as much as possible. (OCS instead of AGA etc)

Not sure how I would reproduce these settings on FS-UAE. But I can play my game now so oh well.

Old 19 March 2018, 17:29   #3
meynaf
son of 68k

If all you want to do is just play the game, regardless of version or emulator settings, i have a bugfixed version for AGA/68020+.
It is fully hd installed, has integrated utility disk (no need to reboot) and even an automapper.
Old 21 March 2018, 06:23   #4
zeech

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
If all you want to do is just play the game, regardless of version or emulator settings, i have a bugfixed version for AGA/68020+.
It is fully hd installed, has integrated utility disk (no need to reboot) and even an automapper.
Thanks! I'll PM you.