English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 24 December 2002, 18:01   #1
Withnail

HD games

Hi, first I'm going to apologise for this question, but this has been bothering me for a long time. I've used WinUAE for a long time and had no trouble apart from running HD games. I have created a HD image in WinUAE and I have transfered Workbench onto the hard disk. Now I can't work out how to run the games. I have WHDload and Lha but can't even work out how to get these running through WinUAE. If someone can either give me a step by step guide to do this or give a link to show me how, I would be very grateful!!

Old 24 December 2002, 19:24   #2
Jambo
Yarr!

Location: n. A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Withnail and I!
Old 24 December 2002, 20:10   #3
Jambo
Yarr!

Location: n. A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Now to your question..

You've installed Workbench but you can't install anything else, its that your problem? That might be because you haven’t got installer installed.

There’s an excellent guide to the basics of lha and setup (including installer) at http://jambo.abime.net/howto.php

I'm not blowing my own trumpet either, it was written by Paul, The Green Amiga Alien!

Good stuff.
Old 25 December 2002, 01:30   #4
Withnail

right I've done the lha stuff and I've tried to do the installer thing, but I'm not sure if it worked, I typed in the command line, then nothing happened that i could see

oh and there must and shall be aspirins!

Old 25 December 2002, 18:46   #5
Withnail

I'm trying to do all this stuff on a different computer, and now I'm trying to install lha, only problem is that "h" refuses to type in UAE, it worked on my other computer, any help??

Old 25 December 2002, 23:20   #6
Akira

Change your keyboard?
Old 25 December 2002, 23:46   #7
Fjrb

Quote:
Originally posted by Withnail
I'm trying to do all this stuff on a different computer, and now I'm trying to install lha, only problem is that "h" refuses to type in UAE, it worked on my other computer, any help??
Hi Withnail,

You may have mapped your H key (and others) to serves as substitues for Joystick movements in WinUAE's input config section.

If it is a keyboard problem the H should have the same problem in Windows.
Old 26 December 2002, 12:20   #8
Withnail

thanks, thats got that problem sorted!

Old 27 December 2002, 01:15   #9
Withnail

I've managed to get some games running now, so thanks to everyone who helped!

Old 19 January 2003, 00:03   #10
Frantic

HD games are tougher in winuae

I've too got problems (well atleast for now A problem with ONE game (hoping none other will pop-up))

I've followed the guides from Jambo's site (excellent work there, allthough I still need to figure out WHAT it is that I installed, well, I'll figure that out later(I do know lha ( ))

Anyway, the game I'm trying to install is Nobunaga's Ambition from Koei. A great game, but I'd love to see it run from the HD since there'a a lot of loading involved.

There's a "nobunaga HD" file on the disk 1 (of 2) but when I run it it just looks a bit on the floppy, and then nothing happens.

I'm booting from my wb 31 hd partition.

Can anyone give me a hine here please.

Frantic
PS: If I've missed out on any tutorials or guides or faqs concerning this that will solve my problem, please don't hesitate to send me over there. I'm so sorry if that's the case.
PPS: MAN I've looked for a place like this for some time, actually at the moment I found out that amiga HD's coule be amulated with winuae