English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Amiga Magazine Rack > AMR suggestions and feedback

Old 17 January 2008, 13:39   #1
chiark
Needs a life

Silly Question: articles and hardware reviews

The AMR is superb, really superb and I've already spent too long wandering through it

One thing I used to enjoy more than the games side of things was the techie side of things - the tutorials, articles, hardware reviews etc. I guess that's possibly because I wrote a few of the articles (some for CU, some for Amiga Computing).

If I scan them and submit them, will they get published?

Is there any value in splitting the reviews menu into hardware software? And making space for articles or similar? I know there's "other", so they can go in there to not break the existing structure.

Anyone else interested?
Old 17 January 2008, 21:03   #2
Galaxy

There are plans to index the other reviews (and also articles/features) eventually. Our focus has been games for two main reasons - 1. there is generally a much greater interest in the gaming side of the Amiga and 2. AMR was developed as a companion to the Hall of Light database so the focus on games is natural.

If there are other people here interested in helping us do the indexing for these please contact me.
I've been thinking about the non-game reviews and articles lately, but I need to sort out the classification system and keep getting side tracked with other things...
Old 17 January 2008, 21:34   #3
chiark
Needs a life

I'd be happy to help all I can - I'm a bit busy with work and life at the moment, but I'll do what I can.

How do you want the index doing?
Old 17 January 2008, 22:31   #4
fc.studio
Cat lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiark View Post
The AMR is superb, really superb and I've already spent too long wandering through it

One thing I used to enjoy more than the games side of things was the techie side of things - the tutorials, articles, hardware reviews etc. I guess that's possibly because I wrote a few of the articles (some for CU, some for Amiga Computing).

If I scan them and submit them, will they get published?

Is there any value in splitting the reviews menu into hardware software? And making space for articles or similar? I know there's "other", so they can go in there to not break the existing structure.

Anyone else interested?
In my opinion to find and read hardware reviews (A1200 accelerator ) would be fantastic.
Obviously I would be much interested.
Old 18 January 2008, 07:59   #5
Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiark View Post
I'd be happy to help all I can - I'm a bit busy with work and life at the moment, but I'll do what I can.

How do you want the index doing?
Thanks - I'll contact you when we're ready to start indexing them. Won't be for a little while though.
Old 18 January 2008, 12:42   #6
chiark
Needs a life

OK, no worries. In the meantime I'll scan what I've got - unless you've already got the scans?

I'll have a look to see if I can find a preferred scan format and resolution.