English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 19 September 2001, 08:47   #1
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

REQ: Orbit Amiga

OK, this game does not appear to be any of these games:

-Orbit (19xx)(Cyberstyle)[cr Spaikers]
-Orbit - Space Flight Simulator (1991)(Lorenzo Zago)[cr Quartex](2 disks)
-Orbit 2000 (19xx)(Byte Back)[cr Classic-Razor]

Anybody seen this obscurity?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	orbit amiga.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	729  
Old 19 September 2001, 10:23   #2
RetroMan

Well, ORBIT AMIGA is the name of the game, it´s a Port of the PC game ORBIT !! The Amiga requirements are : PPC, WarpOS, StormMesa, Warp3D, AHI, ~32MB RAM

So, no classic Amiga game more infos can be found here : http://home.t-online.de/home/LucyG/orbit.html

cu .....

Edit : I also found something about a program called ORBIT AMIGA which seems to be about the solar system, here´s the quote ...
-------------------------- SNIP -----------------------------
Mensch Amiga
An interactive biology lesson, Mensch Amiga covers the human boady inside and out. With a hypertext interface and superb illustrations, this program makes an excellent educational tool. There is also a program called Orbit Amiga in this series which is about our solar system. They both work on any Amiga with at least 1MB Chip RAM and an external disk drive.
-------------------------- /SNIP -----------------------------

Last edited by RetroMan; 19 September 2001 at 10:28.
Old 19 September 2001, 10:39   #3
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Nice work, RetroMan! Useful info, indeed. When I first saw the box to Orbit Amiga, I wondered if possibly it might have been some educational solar system productivity thingie, but I couldn't be sure. I'm sure that's the one the above box is for, because the box doesn't look like a modern game at all. Plus the Warp/PPC version is freeware...
Old 20 September 2001, 01:31   #4
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Lightbulb About MSPI

Hi,

Twist, it wasn't easy to decipher, but I could identify the logo on the lower right as the MSPI logo.
So I'd like to give some infos about MSPI.
This was a GERMAN software company, if I remember correctly, they were related to Markt & Technik [1] and they produced a lot of applications and games in the early 90's. No freeware, but commercial stuff with the prices ranging from 20 to 75 marks. Games I remember from back then are 'Atomania' (an excellent Atomix clone) and 'Spuk' (graphic adventure, controlled by mouse, with vector graphics, making some in-game stuff look a bit ugly in the game).

Well you played a successful trick on me. It really DID look like a game.

[1] you might remember that they made the great C64 classic diskmag MagicDisk and a lot more stuff
Old 20 September 2001, 01:56   #5
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I really did think it was a game. But it was worth posting the request just to learn the info you posted on MSPI. The German market is fascinating since there are so many titles that the rest of us have never heard of!

Feel free to post any of these obscurities you speak of. Matter of fact, if any one has Orbit Amiga, I would even like to see if (even though it's not a game!)
Old 20 September 2001, 09:56   #6
RetroMan

Hmm, perhaps we should search for the complete package "MENSCH AMIGA" cause it seems to be integrated in that package ?! no wait, that seems to be a series ..... "MENSCH AMIGA", "ORBIT AMIGA" and ??? anyone knows of other programs of that particular series ??? And of course where to find ?
Old 20 September 2001, 11:29   #7
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Yeah, this would be good to find. I collect Amiga software period, so I have WAY more than just games. This is why I like finding neat little packages such as this one.
Old 20 September 2001, 16:16   #8
Bernd

Andreas is right with his MSPI information. It means "Markt & Technik Software Partner International". Also the "Goldene Serie" (Golden Series) by Databecker and the OASE series by Wolf Software & Design GmbH should be mentioned here... They were also product series of commercial games and apps which were
probably only sold in German speaking countries.
BTW: Price for Orbit Amiga was 129,- Deutschmark. I will create disk images of it when I will have more time...