English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 13 March 2005, 12:12   #61
Smiley
Amiga-less!

can you upload it onto the zone please. I would be quite interested to hear it.

Tnx
Old 13 March 2005, 16:46   #62
Amiga1992

It's right in the beginning, in a very low volume. If you open the mod with a tracker like Renoise, you can find the sample.

The sample says "Do not copy this game"
Old 13 March 2005, 16:54   #63
NPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlcina
OMG thargoids arent in frontier ? :-( I spend at least half year of my life to find them :-(( in middle of nights when my eyes was so tired, I had some halucinations that I saw octagonal targoid ship in space for a moment (the same as in elite) ;-)
there are thargoids in frontier. If you have a good trainer you can choose any ship you want, along with the thargoid, and they appear in the Federal research bases in the missions where you have to nuke em or take photos...
Old 15 March 2005, 01:48   #64
Firthy2002
2nd era...

Send a message via ICQ to Firthy2002 Send a message via AIM to Firthy2002 Send a message via MSN to Firthy2002 Send a message via Yahoo to Firthy2002
Ok it's in The Zone.
Old 15 March 2005, 03:18   #65
Dalai

You can hear it in Lotus 2's mod.bootup, 10 seconds in, right channel. Quite quiet.
Old 26 April 2007, 20:51   #66
Karilas

On-topic, but off format. Er, as it were.

On the subject of ludicrously complicated cheats to perform (Sinister Theme Park) unbelievable feats. Anyone remember the ludicrously stupid instructions to activate the legendary 'Nude Raider' cheats in the Tomb Raider games. Oh! And the 'Play as Luigi in Mario 64' one.

LIES! FILTHY LIES!

It's far more believable that the cheeky rascals at AP made the whole Sinister Theme Park thing right up (consider the fact they also once listed it in their PD section)

But does anyone know the cheat they printed, or where I can find it?

Ah crap, I've only ever posted here twice and both posts asked the same question. I suck.

Old 26 April 2007, 20:59   #67
Graham Humphrey

And I've already answered your question once in the other thread

But here's some info on how the whole thing came about (taken from the AP2 site):
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP2
We've often been accused of inventing the secret game in Theme Park (that turned it into a hybrid of Theme Park and Syndicate, with your cyborg agents replacing the teddy men and clumping around mowing down overly-long queues with miniguns) and, in a sense, we did.

That month, Cam was on coverdisk duties, and in ringing round the software publishers found that Bullfrog planned a silly little Jurassic Theme Park demo for Christmas. (The film, obviously, was really big at that point.)

Cam told the rest of AP the news, but we decided against the demo because Bullfrog were going to give it to everyone they could think of.

(One of the unwritten rules of compiling the coverdisk was that if a demo was going to someone else as well, you compelled the software company to make the AP one different - usually, of a later level. But Bullfrog's demo would be the same for every Amiga mag.)

We wondered why they had to stick with Jurassic Park at all, and - ta-daaa! - realised what a tremendous idea it would be to have a Theme Park In The Style Of... Syndicate - a Sinister Theme Park!

Excitedly, Cam rang Bullfrog. Yes, they liked the idea. Yes, there was no problem (they'd written Syndicate as well). But it would take a lot of work - certainly more than the two weeks to coverdisk deadline.

Sensing an opportunity for some sly publicity, Sinister Theme Park became AP43's Back Page. As the demo was some months away, Cam doctored pictures from the original game as illustrations.

Then - disaster! We learned that Bullfrog liked the idea of Sinister Theme Park so much, they'd decided not to give it to us, but to put it in version two of the game (a minor bug-fix, or something) as a hidden option. To activate it was so complicated (we eventually gave the method away in the Scum cheats feature, only to learn it was different for the CD32 version) that literally no one managed it, holding us responsible.

We didn't get the Jurassic Theme Park demo in the end, either. Sigh.
Old 26 April 2007, 23:37   #68
DamienD
Banned

Thanks for bringing up this old thread as I've never read it before

I remember the all the Manic Mansion myths and the Zak McKracken one, probably read these when I had my C64. Tried to them out with no success, funny that

The Street Fighter II: The World Warrior one is a classic... I know another, apparently you could make Blanka grown to double the size by doing 2 slow rolls in a row, never got it to work though. However, I always though that this maybe have been possible as there are loads of tricks in the original SF2 i.e. with Guile (stance, super freeze, fake throw, reset machine) and one with Dhalsim (invisible)
Old 28 April 2007, 22:58   #69
girv
Mostly Harmless

Enough talk about Frontier, but what about the Space Dredgers in Elite? I spent far too long lookin for one of those
Old 07 September 2007, 20:19   #70
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
Ive also heard one about thousands of E.T game cartridges (Atari 2600 possibly) being buried in the desert after extremely poor sales. Why not just throw them away?

I just had to post this.
It's from an old MAD Magazine.
Old 07 September 2007, 20:57   #71
DrF
Blessed A1200 Of TeH Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiriad View Post
But...you have to have the storage capacity, from what i remember, there was another bug to do with jettisoning a certain type of cargo. Can't remember which type - water? Rubbish? Anyhow, if you did this you could raise your crafts storage capacity to whatever suited you! As such, the very same Falcon attack fighter has a large plasma accelerator attached to the front! Muwhahaha!!!
You buy 1 ton of rubbish fly out to a system where you won't get fined for dumping, then and heres the tricky part, go to the screen where you jettison the stuff and then don't click the actual jettison button but just underneath it, you here the noise and it says its dumped but its still there and your cargo hold gets bigger
Old 07 September 2007, 23:11   #72
P-J

Yet another bloody gravedig! Is it gravediggers week on EAB or something?
Old 08 September 2007, 20:44   #73
DrF
Blessed A1200 Of TeH Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J View Post
Yet another bloody gravedig! Is it gravediggers week on EAB or something?
LOL I never realised the thread was from April, we need more new threads around here.
Old 08 September 2007, 21:27   #74
Graham Humphrey

There are plenty of new threads too... and there's nothing wrong with reviving old (retro?) threads, as long as whoever's bringing it up again has something worthwhile to say
Old 09 September 2007, 09:29   #75
DrF
Blessed A1200 Of TeH Rat

Thinking about it, technically that makes this thread "Retro" then as you said.
Old 09 September 2007, 22:08   #76
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karilas View Post
Anyone remember the ludicrously stupid instructions to activate the legendary 'Nude Raider' cheats in the Tomb Raider games.
No i dont .. I used a patchfile to activate it.

Lara was running around all naked with that little low res black triangle muff

It was fun for all of 2 minutes.
Old 09 September 2007, 23:10   #77
Magno Boots
Zone Friend

The supposed cheat of entering 'BLUESMOBILE' into the Turrican highscore table has never worked for me (even on original disk).

Is this another myth?
Old 09 September 2007, 23:58   #78
keropi

it is time.... time for the

THREAD NECROMANCER !!!!!
Old 10 September 2007, 11:43   #79
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Amiga New Zealand Story contains a hidden ZX-Spectrum related message.

i'll leave it to you guys to find out / work out if this is true

ps. sometimes its nice to revive threads like this
Old 10 September 2007, 15:43   #80
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magno Boots View Post
The supposed cheat of entering 'BLUESMOBILE' into the Turrican highscore table has never worked for me (even on original disk).

Is this another myth?

You have to put a '.' on the end I think