English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 20 April 2009, 12:34   #1
kirk
Zone Friend

jamiga frontend ques and wishlist

im playing with cyberdruids jamiga frontend for winaue.
i wud like to ask the druid--
if its at all poss to change the fonts/size/color in the configs list, and is there a poss to be able to add user notes for each config(game), and change the fonts there also.

that wud be a great feature to have.

cheers
Old 20 April 2009, 12:40   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Not possible yet, but no problem to implement. Dunno if I find the time during the week, but guess I can do that next weekend
Old 20 April 2009, 18:18   #3
kirk
Zone Friend

cheers, that wud be ace, wud really add to usability, lemonade etc has those features but i actually prefer jamiga's populating the games list with the actual config names, very convenient.
Old 24 April 2009, 10:00   #4
kirk
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Not possible yet, but no problem to implement. Dunno if I find the time during the week, but guess I can do that next weekend
that wud be splendid, appreciate it.

forgot to mention, if the user notes cud be expanded to its own window, so they cud be placed in a user size defined window next to the jamiga window,

that wud make user notes a really usefull feature.

cheers
Old 24 April 2009, 10:09   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Would require to be enabled, because browsing the games with the info window attachted will be a lot slower. Dunno if I can implement it next weekend, but I implement such an option too
Old 25 April 2009, 18:56   #6
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Updated JAmiga kirk. Have a look here : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=36292
Hope you like it
Old 26 April 2009, 16:54   #7
kirk
Zone Friend

just got back 2day and noticed this, cheers, im off to giv it a spin right now.

will giv u feedback 2nite.

cheers druid
Old 26 April 2009, 18:16   #8
kirk
Zone Friend

thanx for implementing font/colour changing cyberdruid, the games list now looks great. luvly jubbly.

utterly gagging for the notes box (changing font size and colour there also wud be nirvana !), ideally i wud like to position the notes window under the screenshot and cover the paths etc info box and therebye having a mame32gui look (if jamiga remembered the position of the notes window on restarts that wud be terrific,or/and an option to replace the paths etc box with another or larger screenshot,or/and an option to put the notes box there permanantly)

anyway, appreciate your efforts and i think jamiga's use of configs to populate the games list is a stroke of genius and betters other frontends in that aspect.

all thats needed now is a few user definable options to pretty the appearance (all i think that is needed in that regard is my humble suggestions !), and bingo jingo.

apart from the above, i personally dont think that owt else is vital for jamiga for it to do what it sets out to do with aplomb.

cheers
Old 26 April 2009, 21:31   #9
kirk
Zone Friend

just wondering,
what format do the screenshots need to be in, and what pixel size,
i can not get em to show, despite pointing at the right directory.

cheers again
Old 26 April 2009, 21:42   #10
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

The format shouldn't matter, but by default JAmiga searches for the filename generated by WinUAE (<name of first disk>_001.png). You can change the filename with the context menu and almost any picture format should be supported. I will add a file dialog to the 'change screenshot' window for ease of use in one of the next versions
Old 27 April 2009, 03:18   #11
kirk
Zone Friend

hi cyberdruid,
re:jamiga

ive been trying all night to get the screenshots function to operate, i just take an ingame screenshot in winuae and they appear in the jamiga screenshot window fine, problem is, some dont appear using the exact same correct procedure and i can not for the life of me figure out why.

in a nutshell, the screenshot feature seems hit and miss despite directories/paths etc being the same for all games, although most games screenshot fine, a few stubbornly refuse to show their correctly named screenshot, even the screenshot winuae itself takes using the games config !

ive tried everything, inc using the rename screenshot dialog, man im stumped !

ive enclosed a config that will not play ball in the screenshot dept.

cheers
Attached Files
File Type: uae agony.uae (17.9 KB, 166 views)
Old 27 April 2009, 08:05   #12
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

If you click on the screenshot box it will show you which name JAmiga expects. Just check the name of the screenshot (most likely you took the screenshot while disk 2 was inserted and JAmiga looks for the one with disk 1 in the name).
Old 27 April 2009, 13:32   #13
kirk
Zone Friend

name is correct,as is disk in drive, but for some unfathomable reason my agony config wont show its screenshot, my other configs do.

ive tried everything, im now gonna reinstall jamiga and see if that helps.

by the way, net framework 2.0, why is it needed for jamiga, and what else does it do ?, does it use resources ?, after jamiga starts a game is it running/using resources in the background ?

ps, dont wanna push it, but any idea of when next update is due.

cheers
Old 27 April 2009, 13:38   #14
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

'Reinstalling' will not help, since there is no 'install'. JAmiga runs out of the box, doesn't use the registry and whatnot. If your screenshot doesn't work, there is a typo somewhere. However will check it later.

About .Net : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_.NET_Framework

About the next update : When it's done

P.S. : The filename of the screenshot should be 'agony-1_001.png'.
Old 27 April 2009, 14:14   #15
kirk
Zone Friend

bingo !,
ive deleted my jamiga files, then re unzipped jamiga and now my agony config displays its screenshot.
i dont know what happened but at least all seems well now (i had previously tinkered with the jamiga xml file, i changed agonys 'trained' heading to 'score', so maybe that was the prob,i did then change it back to 'trained' but prob the damage was done,maybe?)

on that subject, is it possible to remove columns, ie, the 'trained' heading, and if u add more columns in a future jamiga will the user be able to disable em ?, i just need the games names column really.
i noticed someone requested more columns (year,publisher etc), but they can add that info via the user notes feature in next jamiga (a non too subtle hint there !!, but im really looking forward to that and then jamiga is complete for me, a clean uncluttered customizable good looking frontend that is also suitable to squirt down a vga cable to the big tv, the important things covered---
a games list,screenshots and user notes, thats all a good frontend really needs, the user can play with those 3 core needs to create a pretty frontend)

cheers again
Old 27 April 2009, 14:27   #16
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

The rewrite is needed to make the columns adjustable (both which appear and in which order). Since this affects pretty much the whole code, it's gone take a while, but not like months, but more some weeks.

As you've noticed, it's not a good idea to mess with the XML file You can edit it by hand, but I take no responsibility if something gets broken because you do
Old 27 April 2009, 14:33   #17
kirk
Zone Friend

thanx for ur reply,

this is deffo the last jamiga query i shall bend your ear with, so here goes,

to scroll to the bottom of the games list also requires the scolling of the right hand pane (the screenshot ,paths etc pane), not a big prob but i use my joypad to scroll down the games lists so that means i have to reach for the mouse also to scroll the right window, difficult to do when your reclining on the sofa blasting the barrax empire on the big tv !!

cheers
Old 27 April 2009, 14:42   #18
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Use a higher resolution I didn't know that you can control the list with a joypad and I won't put any code in there to support it. If it works that's nice though
Old 27 April 2009, 18:52   #19
kirk
Zone Friend

hi,
it doesent, i use a little proggie called joytokey !

small ps, is there a key/s to zoom the screenshots ? or is it double click only

cheers
Old 27 April 2009, 19:04   #20
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

For now it's double click only, but I'll make a keyboard shortcut for it.