English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 09 March 2009, 03:32   #1
Nipedley

Win95-Era, Educational/Puzzle (Not amiga)

Hey guys, I hope this is ok. I've been trying to find this (yet another) educational puzzle game for a long, long time. I wish my parents kept a list of all the software I played as a kid! I remember this one pretty well, I'm fairly certain it would have been a demo or shareware on a PC format-esque magazine. It would have been win95ish time.

The game itself I remember as being a puzzle game, it had elements missing that you had to fill in, possibly gears and chains and when you finished the puzzle I remember a lightbulb would light to tell you that you completed it. I also remember a mascot which could have been an animal (mouse-like). Another game I remember (from the same cd/floppy) was of a colourful cartoon farm. This one I distinctly remember being a demo version. There was also a game called arcadia or something similar.

It's doubtful anyone has that cd anymore but if it rings a bell of something you played or your kids played back in the day please feel free to let me know. The only childhood edu title i've found that I played was Amy's Fun-2-3 so far!
Old 09 March 2009, 03:39   #2
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipedley View Post
Hey guys, I hope this is ok. I've been trying to find this (yet another) educational puzzle game for a long, long time. I wish my parents kept a list of all the software I played as a kid! I remember this one pretty well, I'm fairly certain it would have been a demo or shareware on a PC format-esque magazine. It would have been win95ish time.
hmmm puzzle, demo / shareware like.... win95ish..... y'know it could well be win95

Quote:
The game itself I remember as being a puzzle game, it had elements missing that you had to fill in,...
hmmmm Win95 ?

Quote:
possibly gears and chains and when you finished the puzzle I remember a lightbulb would light to tell you that you completed it. I also remember a mascot which could have been an animal (mouse-like).
damn if this doesnt sound like Windows 95

Quote:
Another game I remember (from the same cd/floppy) was of a colourful cartoon farm. This one I distinctly remember being a demo version. There was also a game called arcadia or something similar.

It's doubtful anyone has that cd anymore but if it rings a bell of something you played or your kids played back in the day please feel free to let me know. The only childhood edu title i've found that I played was Amy's Fun-2-3 so far!
hmmm not too sure on those games however

LOL, couldn't help it,.... good luck on your quest ofr a name though
Old 09 March 2009, 03:41   #3
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Not the kind of games I play so won't be of much help, but it could be one game of the incredible machine series.
Otherwise, you can check the entries at mobygames in the puzzle-solving category browsing the relevant years.

Edit due to Zetr0's post: lightbulb and animal mascot? Probably not Win95 but Office 95 with Clippy and his friends.
Old 09 March 2009, 03:58   #4
Nipedley

LOL Zetr0, you're not far off

lilalurl.. you're a star! Incredible Machine v3.0 - 1995. God has it been that long?

This place never fails to amaze me, thanks guys

I'd like to think I could find those other games but my memory is so vague on those it's highly unlikely. I'm keeping every program my kids ever use so they wont have to go through this!