English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 24 June 2015, 18:56   #1
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Hooooo

Uncle Art Kickstarter is Back!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...temporal-shift

The re-launched Uncle Art Kickstarter is now launched!

Dave Lowe soon releases & remakes his classic retro-gaming music including a full orchestral recording of Frontier Elite 2 at Abbey Road!

FRONTIER ELITE 2 ORCHESTRAL RECORDING AND SINGLE
The main pinnacles of this Kickstarter project; - the recording of the Main and Second theme of Frontier with the Chamber Orchestra Of London (a highly acclaimed session orchestra responsible for the themes from Halo 4, Harry Potter films and Downton Abbey) at the famous and greatest sounding studio, Abbey Road!

A new video has been recorded for this project, along with new themes. Check it out on their kickstarter page:

Quote:
It became clear in making the audio teaser for this Kickstarter that to try and record the Frontier main theme true to its original intended form in any other manner than a full orchestral piece was just impossible. So recording with a real London orchestra in one of the world's best sounding studios was the only justice to be done for it. It's too good not to give it the treatment it deserves.
From The Kickstarter:
Quote:
We want to do the album of Dave's original gaming music so that we don't have to worry about licenses from other people's compositions. The tracks that we have had multiple requests for so far that we have the license to are as follows. We may run polls and see which tracks people are really interested in that aren't on the list too. Updates will be coming about confirmed tracks.

Frontier - Main Theme
Frontier - Second Theme
Starglider 1 – Sample version
Starglider 1 - Title Screen 'Games'
Starglider 2 full length cassette theme
Carrier Command full length theme
ISS Amiga loading theme
After Burner - Amiga / ST version
Night Shift Title Theme
Microprose F1 Grand Prix Main theme
Double Dragon 2 ( all pieces c64 version only )
Midwinter 2
Beneath A Steel Sky - Loading screen on Amiga theme
Rasputin – Two titles from the game: title theme and 'God Don't Bleed
You can also look forward to many new perks if you pledge, including CDs, Vinyls, T-shirts and signed materials.

Quote:
This CD will also contain rarities and bootlegs from the Uncle Art archives. In the higher rewards there are also limited availability of these Bonus CD's being signed by Jez San - creator of Starglider and huge name from the era. There are also chances to come to the Uncle Art studio and also to Abbey Road!
The team also hinted in their newsletter that a special spotlight on this project appears in the next issue of Retro Gamer magazine next week.

Quote:
See you on the new Kickstarter for another mission! And watch the video - we've done a completely new one and I think it's pretty good if we do say so ourselves!!

Cheers all!! This time! This time!!
The team are really hoping to find the money for this epic mission, and after so many have funded books over 60k, I think 33k for this kickstarter is small. But they are struggling. Please take a look at their very heart-warming kickstarter video. I really want the Elite II theme (and BASS) to appear as a real recording.

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.ne...-h264_high.mp4

398 backers
£19,444 pledged of £33,000 goal
18 days to go

Last edited by TCD; 24 June 2015 at 20:10. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 24 June 2015, 23:54   #2
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

I'm sure this is the third time they have tried now. I backed them the first two times but I'm afraid I won't be backing them this time. They're simply asking for too much for what is basically a remix CD. There just isnt enough interest. I'm convinced this won't be third time lucky. I wish them luck though.
Old 25 June 2015, 21:42   #3
jimbob

Yeah, I backed again but it looks like it has stalled about the same spot.

Some interesting stuff in the latest update though. ASM source code for Dave Lowes music player. I'm sure this will generate a bit of interest from those who would know what to do with it but I don't think I'll be upping my pledge £50 to get it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1273744
Old 28 June 2015, 15:38   #4
lifeschool
Local Moderator

410 backers
£21,827 pledged of £33,000 goal
14 days to go

Just 11k more to find.
Old 02 July 2015, 21:23   #5
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Arg. It seems its all gone quiet in the push with this project.

Its an issue with kickstarter projects that keep repeating, I guess people imagine this was funded already, and dont notice the gang still have some way to go.

If you can promote this project on anywhere you think people might like to know, this would be great. Lets not let this one run out of steam.

426 backers
£22,512 pledged of £33,000 goal
9 days to go
Old 06 July 2015, 16:37   #6
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Dont forget to BOOOST! this thread

Newsletter:

Quote:
Yo! Holly here!
ARE YOU AN UPPER?

Well we're down to 7 days! And progress is looking OK - better than last time! And last time we were only 5% short and the final 48 hours were MENTAL!

So this time we want to make sure that we don't leave it too late to get nearer to the goal! Lots of people upped their pledges right toward the end but we literally just ran out of time. I'm guessing another hour would have seen us across the line! So my plea is that if you're thinking of upping your pledge, please do so before right at the end! People are more likely to back something that already looks like it's on a trajectory to fund - so if you're willing to go any higher - now's the time to do so!

The Abbey Road rewards are all gone sadly, but there are still Mix Consultant jobs going to come enjoy mix day in the studio and fish and chips on the seafront with the arcades up in Scarborough (Scarbados) with us! There are also some of the limited edition Jez San signed CD rewards available along with the signed posters & albums left! Don't miss them because after next Sunday they're gone gone gone!

DOWNLOAD BUNDLE!

We've had a lot of requests for the Bonus Collected Works tracks to be made available on download too. The point initially of this CD was that it's signed and DL's greatest original gaming music all in one place as a collector sort of item. But given that it's including bootlegs and rarities and stuff run straight of the old source code including some unreleased material found on the Amiga then we thought we might as well let the downloaders have the option to get in on this too! So if you're a downloader - consider upping your pledge to the DOWNLOAD BUNDLE reward!
It's there if you want it!

LAVECON & LUCY!

Lavecon is a SciFI and Fantasty meet up with Elite Dangerous at its core! It's happening next weekend 11th and 12th July in Northampton, UK. We're sending my big sister Lucy along to it as she did such a good job at Replay Blackpool at the end of the previous Kickstarter campaign! Indeed a lot of our backers on here (Jason I'm looking at you) know just how oddly charming and scary she can be at the same time! She can be very persuasive!

Lucy is also planning on making a whole professional film about her discovery of our dad's game music and the whole retro-gaming world if our project gets funded! But more about that later this week! So let us know if you're going to be at Lavecon (Martin looking at you here!) as you can help Lucy to spread the word about A Temporal Shift as the Frontier orchestral Abbey Road recordings will be of a special interest to lots of Elite Dangerous fans in attendance! We're also considering taking an Amiga with a copy of Frontier for people to play and reminisce about, but we're missing a copy of Frontier so give us a shout if your'e going and if you're not going - you should consider going as it sounds like a great event and the guys at Lave Radio are super good people!

I will leave you here! Remember, this is the last chance for this project, so it's all or nothing and now or never! Tell your friends, tell your enemies, tweet it, post it and get yourself a t shirt! Don't forget the source code remix competition - there's been quite a few entrants already for it so don't miss out!

See you over the week and let us know if you'll be at Lavecon!!

The countdown begins here.....
Old 11 July 2015, 15:27   #7
lifeschool
Local Moderator

29 hours to go, and the BIG PUSH has started.

Check out this ultra cool new video!!

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.ne..._h264_high.mp4

See Lucy at Lavecon this weekend!

So close!

Last edited by lifeschool; 11 July 2015 at 16:18.
Old 11 July 2015, 20:10   #8
sky76

WOW! 30.542 / 33.000

I've just upped my pledge level to 60GBP (Vinyl + Signed CDs + T-Shirt)...

I hope this project will get funded this time.

Old 12 July 2015, 04:10   #9
ma693541
Computer Wizard

597 backers £32,650 pledged of £33,000 goal 16 hours to go
Old 12 July 2015, 11:33   #10
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Congratulations to Dave Lowe and Holly! It's reached its target. Currently £33,323.
Old 12 July 2015, 11:53   #11
MazinKaesar
Super Robot Pilot

Wow, just 9 hours but I a, a backer too now
Old 12 July 2015, 13:56   #12
lifeschool
Local Moderator

ULTRA COOL!

Third time lucky; although it was on a razors edge for a while there. I have never seen a kickstarter so close. At least now if you pledge you are going to get a very good product in your hands at the end of the day.

Just 7 hours to go.

Up your pledge to get:

ADD ONS:

£10 - Frontier Single (CD?)

£15 - per extra T Shirt

£50 - Source Code Disk

Holly Lowe wrote "Where did YOU learn to fly?"
Old 12 July 2015, 19:29   #13
lifeschool
Local Moderator

£34,303 pledged, just short of the 35k stretch, 93 minutes to go!
Old 12 July 2015, 19:44   #14
LieutLaww

Just backed