English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 23 July 2002, 21:52   #21
fedegaia

Come on guys....no one wants to help me?...
Old 23 July 2002, 23:16   #22
Amiga1992

I'm out of options really.. have you tried the Dylan Dog games?
Old 23 July 2002, 23:36   #23
fedegaia

yes...not one of those...

damn...through emulation i've found all the games i once had on my real Amiga MINUS this one...it's a bit frustrating you know...

anyway txs for your help...every suggestion is welcome...
Old 24 July 2002, 00:27   #24
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Hmm, as far as I understand your game is more a point'n click adventure than a action adventure. I mean it is a game where you control your character by mouse and not by joystick, right ? And there are no levels but it goes continuously, right ?
Also, do you remember how many disks it had ? Or perhaps how the titlescreen or intro looked like ?

If it really was an action adventure where you take control by joystick then I would probably know it since this type of games is my favourite genre
Old 24 July 2002, 00:37   #25
Amiga1992

YEs, I didnt get that part clearly myself. Would also help if you remember how the main character looked like. I was also going to suggest Spirit of Excalibur (1990 on my books), but Twistin already mentioned it, so...
Old 24 July 2002, 00:44   #26
fedegaia

Yes...you are right...is more correct to call it a point'n click action-adventure as i'm almost sure the main character was controlled by mouse only...

how many disk...hard to remember : 2 disks maximum not more.

don't remember the intro or the titlescreen (and i think i have a very good memory!)

i'm making efforts to remember other locations of the game but it's a really hard task...

txs for your help Overdoc!

Last edited by fedegaia; 24 July 2002 at 01:21.
Old 24 July 2002, 01:15   #27
fedegaia

how the main character looks like?...as i remember it was an ordinary guy in ordinary clothes with no armour and weapons...

absolutely no levels...

looks somewhat similar to Spirit of Excalibur - Adventures of Maddog Williams - King's quest 4

i'm absolutely sure it was released prior 1990

ANOTHER LOCATION: green field with trees (and flowers?!)with a bridge in the center (wood or rock bridge?...mmhh)(flat or curved?!!)...the main character can cross the bridge easely to go to another location (probably the waterfall one)

Last edited by fedegaia; 24 July 2002 at 18:10.
Old 24 July 2002, 01:26   #28
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
I had such a thing on the PC back then. (about 1990)

It was called HUGO's House Of Horrors. It was shareware, but not restricted
There were three parts. The gameplay was a lot sierra like, including a meadow teemed with killer-bees you had to cross, and there was a sex-possessed gardener whom you had to brush off by eating GARLIC (yuck!)
Funny one.
There was also a bridge I remember where you could lose your matches and make them fall on the ground in case you had stumbled, making the episode unsolvable because of the necessity to keep the matches DRY till the end.
But an AMIGA game?
Old 24 July 2002, 01:37   #29
fedegaia

ah ah...very funny indeed!

to make things a bit more clear there were no living characters in the game except the guy you control and other people you meet to exchange object or to talk...(at least at the beginning of the game)...

not more than 2 persons in a single location as i remember (main character included)...the others npc stand still or walk left and right until you decide to talk to them.
interaction was very weak...

no fights at all...
Old 24 July 2002, 02:13   #30
§ane

I think, I just might be looking for this very game, I had the original box and all but can't for the life of me remember the title. The box cover art was of a large metal gate (with possible castle in the background?), the sprite of the main character also pictured.

The game had similar feel to the sierra adventures, similar controls, arrow keys for straight movement, cursor to move to a select spot, for all I know it could have been a sierra game, though it's not Kings Quest. I believe you could type in things, actions to perform, although I'm not 100% sure on this.

At the beginning you could pick from three classes, Fighter, Thief (or was it Rogue?) and Mage in that order. After briefly playing the game with each class I found that the Thief had the ability to assume all three classes simultaneously.

Some things I remember were; breaking into some ones house stealing stuff, being extra careful not to get caught; getting a job raking leaves?; buying items from a store; gambling at the thieves guild; and running a maze (as an initiation task?) for this wizard.

The fight scenes might of only occurred later on in the game when venturing through the wilderness (dense forest with trees n crap) screens which was quite easy to get lost in. Fighting (combat it may have been called) consisted of a black screen with a large image of the enemy at the top and any weapon or shield you may have equipped at the very bottom.

I remember spending some time on this game, the end sequence was of you flying off on a magic carpet, it hinted at sequel, I was hoping to find it again to see if there really was one made.

Last edited by §ane; 24 July 2002 at 02:19.
Old 24 July 2002, 02:55   #31
Uukrul

Quote:
Originally posted by §ane
The game had similar feel to the sierra adventures, similar controls, arrow keys for straight movement, cursor to move to a select spot, for all I know it could have been a sierra game, though it's not Kings Quest. I believe you could type in things, actions to perform, although I'm not 100% sure on this.
Quest for Glory

http://www.reviewgames.com/Reviews/Q...ry_1/index.htm

Old 24 July 2002, 10:37   #32
§ane

Quest for Glory, you could be right, but why is the first one so difficult to find (it's not even in TOSEC)?

If someone has a copy, to the zone with it!

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it, it's Hero Quest (aka Quest for Glory 1) as Twist mentioned in one of his posts.

Last edited by §ane; 24 July 2002 at 10:44.
Old 24 July 2002, 10:43   #33
Walker

It's in TOSEC under the original name "Hero's Quest". Sierra changed it to Quest For Glory later.
Old 24 July 2002, 11:32   #34
§ane

Thanks Walker. I went over all the titles, when it came to "Hero's Quest" the first thing that came to mind was the RPG by Gremlin evidently called "Hero Quest".
Old 24 July 2002, 11:40   #35
fedegaia

txs for your help Sane but it's not that...

2 disks max (Hero's quest I has 5)

no r.p.g. elements: you can't choose the character class

no score points like Sierra games

interaction and dialogues were more primitives...
Old 24 July 2002, 13:33   #36
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Have you gone through the listings at Adventureland?
Old 24 July 2002, 13:40   #37
fedegaia

yes!...i'm checking all the games listed in that site...if it only had screenshots...that's why i can't wait for HOL to be released!!

do you have all the games listed there?

Last edited by fedegaia; 24 July 2002 at 13:49.
Old 24 July 2002, 14:03   #38
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Almost all of them!
Old 24 July 2002, 14:52   #39
fedegaia

to give you a visual reference of the "Waterfall scene" i described above i attack this screenshot taken from Code name Hell Squad...

a few corrections: you have to add more water to the waterfall - take away that wall - screen is not static (waterfall pixels change colours to simulate water flow) - main character clothes are different and he walks only left and right...

of course the graphic was less deteiled...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	game2.png
Views:	386
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	3084  

Last edited by fedegaia; 24 July 2002 at 18:14.
Old 24 July 2002, 16:17   #40
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Hey, is that 'Hellsquad' an Amiga game ?
Looks pretty cool !!
Any chance you could upload it to the zone ?

Thanks !