English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 27 March 2011, 05:31   #1
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

Convert my unreleased game to WHDLoad?

Back in the 80's and 90's I was a games programmer and as a side project I coded 'The Legacy' with a friend working on the graphics. We where in talks with Electric Zoo who seemed interested in publishing the game, we allowed them to take a copy (the only copy we distributed) and the next day it was on the scene, they didn't publish it and we stopped working on it.

Also I have lost all the source code and can't for the life of me remember the passwords for a couple of hidden sub games, I think there was a space invaders and a tetris clone hidden in there!

Anyways, the game doesnt have any protection and only should be relatively easy to convert to WHD if any kind soul out there would be so kind!

I have uploaded both ADF files to The Zone (Legacy.rar)

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: whoops should I have posted to "Games images which need to be WHDified"?

Last edited by jimmy2x2x; 27 March 2011 at 05:37.
Old 27 March 2011, 06:56   #2
Abaddon

I will take a look at creating a WHDLoad install for it
Old 27 March 2011, 07:56   #3
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

Thanks Abaddon
Old 27 March 2011, 09:25   #4
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
@jimmy2x2x.

An unreleased new Amiga game is a HUGE event!!!

MANY MANY thanks for coming here and setting it free. I look forward to trying it out later today.

There is an unreleased game on HOL called the legacy. I don't think it refers to your one though http://hol.abime.net/5033/review
Old 27 March 2011, 11:04   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy2x2x View Post
EDIT: whoops should I have posted to "Games images which need to be WHDified"?
Moved
I remember playing this game and wondered why it said 95%. Also thought it looked pretty nice for a PD game (TOSEC lists it in the PD DAT). Shame the source is lost, but maybe you could tell us how complete that version is?
Old 27 March 2011, 12:45   #6
Kitty

Just tried this on quickstart A500, plays very nice, I'm guessing this is unfinished as theres no ingame sound unless I need to have a specific setting in winuae?
The other thing I couldn't get to work was loading it from a second drive, it demanded I use only one drive, although some older Amiga games also did this too didn't they?
It's a real shame this didn't get the credit it deserved as its a really good game, nice graphics, smooth gameplay, well drawn sprites etc ..
Would be nice to see this as a whdload install, great stuff jimmy2x2x

Last edited by Kitty; 27 March 2011 at 13:07.
Old 27 March 2011, 13:17   #7
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDNI View Post
@jimmy2x2x.

An unreleased new Amiga game is a HUGE event!!!

MANY MANY thanks for coming here and setting it free. I look forward to trying it out later today.

There is an unreleased game on HOL called the legacy. I don't think it refers to your one though http://hol.abime.net/5033/review
Correct, that isn't mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Just tried this on quickstart A500, plays very nice, I'm guessing this is unfinished as theres no ingame sound unless I need to have a specific setting in winuae?
The other thing I couldn't get to work was loading it from a second drive, it demanded I use only one drive, although some older Amiga games also did this too didn't they?
It's a real shame this didn't get the credit it deserved as its a really good game, nice graphics, smooth gameplay, well drawn sprites etc
Would be nice to see this as a whdload install, great stuff jimmy2x2x
Thanks!

The sound never got commissioned: the intro and title music are just placeholder tracker tunes I found, no sound effects in this version.

I don't think I got around to supporting external drives.

We wanted to finish it too, but life was very busy at that time and when we saw that it had been leaked - it just killed all enthusiasm for the project.

I have some unreleased Art here too from another project 'Realms of Darkness' (as featured in issue #48 of Amiga Action http://www.flickr.com/photos/7195801...7603784819968/ ) which we did under contract to Grandslam - this also never did get released, should I post this to the board?
Old 27 March 2011, 13:23   #8
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Also I have lost all the source code and can't for the life of me remember the passwords for a couple of hidden sub games, I think there was a space invaders and a tetris clone hidden in there!
GIBSON: Space Invaders
MARSHALL : Tetris

Old 27 March 2011, 13:23   #9
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
GIBSON: Space Invaders
MARSHALL : Tetris

Brilliant - thanks!
Old 27 March 2011, 13:23   #10
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
I have some unreleased Art here too from another project 'Realms of Darkness' (as featured in issue #48 of Amiga Action http://www.flickr.com/photos/7195801...7603784819968/ ) which we did under contract to Grandslam - this also never did get released, should I post this to the board?
Please do that Would be great to have some more material on the HOL entry : http://hol.abime.net/4443
Maybe you could also post some more information about the people involved in making that game?
Old 27 March 2011, 13:33   #11
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
1) Please do that Would be great to have some more material on the HOL entry : http://hol.abime.net/4443
Maybe you could also post some more information about the people involved in making that game?

2) I remember playing this game and wondered why it said 95%. Also thought it looked pretty nice for a PD game (TOSEC lists it in the PD DAT). Shame the source is lost, but maybe you could tell us how complete that version is?
1) Will do, I'm working this afternoon but will collect all the remaining information and post tonight.

2) I would say about 70% complete, before stopping work on the project I was in the process of stitching the map together and working on a 50 frames a second scrolling engine.

Last edited by jimmy2x2x; 27 March 2011 at 13:41.
Old 27 March 2011, 21:46   #12
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

A new commercial game on HOL : http://hol.abime.net/5868
Please add any info about the game (artists, notes etc) you would like to see on the entry
Edit : Cody just found the credits screen

Last edited by TCD; 27 March 2011 at 21:53.
Old 27 March 2011, 22:17   #13
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

Graphics files from unfinished Amiga game: Realms of Darkness, Grandslam

There are other graphics in here from various projects including an unnamed shmup and Lone Wolf.

Programmers: Jason Heggie, Trevor Brown
Graphics: Shadligh Dale
Design: JP Bankes Mercer, Colin Jones (R.I.P.)

If you would like to use the graphics in anything, please ask: XXXX@XXXX.com

Also included in the RAR is 'Imagine' for viewing the animations and other out dated file formats.

RoD graphics.rar has now been uploaded to the zone!

Quote:
A new commercial game on HOL : http://hol.abime.net/5868
Please add any info about the game (artists, notes etc) you would like to see on the entry
Edit : Cody just found the credits screen
Great!

I'm not sure what else to add, maybe the passwords:

GIBSON and MARSHALL for the sub games, can you think of anything else?

Last edited by TCD; 27 March 2011 at 22:18. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use the edit function.
Old 27 March 2011, 22:21   #14
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

First of all, thanks for the graphics and credits Will look through them in a a bit

Quote:
can you think of anything else?
Was it an Amiga exclusive game or was it planned for another platform as well? Will add the two passwords now
Btw : Where (when) do you enter the passwords?
Old 27 March 2011, 22:22   #15
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

Yes, Amiga exclusive
Old 27 March 2011, 22:26   #16
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thanks One more thing : I assume the developer for Realms Of Darkness was Hexodus as well?
Old 27 March 2011, 22:28   #17
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

Ah of course, 'MFX Developments' was the final name of the outfit.

(Mystical FX)

EDIT: You enter the passwords at the ENTER PASSWORD prompt when you start the game

Last edited by jimmy2x2x; 27 March 2011 at 22:35.
Old 27 March 2011, 22:37   #18
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
I was just trying to play the game. Tell me - the music in the intro is VERY WELL known to all of us, it was in the cracktro for Gods by Defjam. Why did you use just that tune?

BTW the "crack" of incomplete game is a bit disgusting, and the Electric Zoo should shame of it.
Old 27 March 2011, 22:38   #19
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Just had a look at the RoD archive Quite impressive work there

Quote:
EDIT: You enter the passwords at the ENTER PASSWORD prompt when you start the game
Okay, missed the credits and the very obvious spot to enter the password today... I'm getting old Thanks again
Old 27 March 2011, 22:44   #20
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
I was just trying to play the game. Tell me - the music in the intro is VERY WELL known to all of us, it was in the cracktro for Gods by Defjam. Why did you use just this tune?
Because I liked it!

It was never meant to be heard outside my spare bedroom (the development area!) funny how things turn out

Quote:
Just had a look at the RoD archive Quite impressive work there
I will pass your compliments along to Shadligh, he was an amazing pixel artist IMO - he just got burned too many times and left the industry. The only published work of his, isn't really his own. He recoloured the graphics for another game I programmed - 'Suburban Commando' ( [ Show youtube player ] ) He took the 16 colour Amiga graphics and upconverted them to 256 colours for the PC.

He hates the industry with a passion these days!

Last edited by TCD; 27 March 2011 at 22:47. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use multi-quote.