English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 10 December 2017, 14:25   #81
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I've been flat-out creating title / screenshots for all my configurations for the past week... 1100 now done; only 1200 left
You mean you're going through all of your games, etc and grabbing screenshots for this new feature? Wow, you sure are devoted to your collection!
Old 10 December 2017, 14:32   #82
DamienD
Banned

Yup!!!

...I mean, I could probably ask my friends at HOL to provide "non-watermarked" images for me but:

a) It's a massive ask and someone would need to go through the database manually; grabbing requested images.
b) Also, which screenshots do they select?

Better to do this myself and not hassle anyone

...and once complete, I'll share with others to make life easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
Wow, you sure are devoted to your collection!
Yes, but considering I've built my collection over 12+ years now, I am willing to spend some more time taking title / screenshots.

...the hard part is really configuring all the games to perfection, not taking images
Old 10 December 2017, 14:37   #83
DH
Global Moderator

Erm, Damien I have access to non-watermarked images

Only problem I have is, you'd still need to select the exact image you want before providing a list so I could grab them.

Still, you're a hardened Amiga nut and you'd probably want to do this on your own for your own satisfaction
Old 10 December 2017, 14:43   #84
DamienD
Banned

Thanks DH; I'm half way there now so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
Only problem I have is, you'd still need to select the exact image you want before providing a list so I could grab them
Yes, this is time consuming also.

I can do roughly 25 games per hour; most nights I spend 5 hours, so that's 125 games / per night.

...should hopefully be complete in another 10 days if I keep up the pace
Old 10 December 2017, 17:34   #85
Saghalie

DamienD

I'm retired, right now I don't have a job.
What would size images do you need.
Do you have a list that you would like to split up?

Not sure if I have all the games that you would need, but I do have all the Cinemaware images that I use for AmigaForever that I can zip up and send to you.

Gimme some direction and I'll help as much as I can.
Old 10 December 2017, 17:59   #86
DH
Global Moderator

Quote:
Thanks DH; I'm half way there now so...

Yes, this is time consuming also.

I can do roughly 25 games per hour; most nights I spend 5 hours, so that's 125 games / per night.

...should hopefully be complete in another 10 days if I keep up the pace
Well, if you do need any help, and it's quicker to give a list, just let me know and I'll go grabbing mate
Old 10 December 2017, 18:17   #87
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saghalie View Post
DamienD

I'm retired, right now I don't have a job.
What would size images do you need.
Do you have a list that you would like to split up?

Not sure if I have all the games that you would need, but I do have all the Cinemaware images that I use for AmigaForever that I can zip up and send to you.

Gimme some direction and I'll help as much as I can.
Appreciate the kind offer Saghalie

...but I'm more than half way there now. Plus if I do it myself it means that the same set of parameters for each game are adhered to i.e. resolution / centring etc.

Also, in the future once complete, it's easy for me to add any additional game images to my collection and I know they will look the same as previous.

As mentioned a few posts back though; I'll share my work once done

Quote:
Well, if you do need any help, and it's quicker to give a list, just let me know and I'll go grabbing mate
Thanks but; see above response
Old 10 December 2017, 18:21   #88
DH
Global Moderator

That's fine DamienD, I actually understand the reasons behind it, as I too prefer to work alone, as only I can guarantee that the parameters stay the same throughout.
Old 10 December 2017, 18:22   #89
DamienD
Banned

Yeah, it's the perfectionist in me (or is it better described as OCD)
Old 10 December 2017, 18:31   #90
Saghalie

NP, just thought I would offer my services if you needed ...
Old 10 December 2017, 21:34   #91
DH
Global Moderator

Oooooh! Just tried this and boy am I impressed with the outcome.

This is absolutely fantastic and now, because of all of you guys, I'm going to have to do all of my stuff like DamienD

Of course, I now have to place my games into there own individual folders as my paths are like this:-
  • C:\WinUAE3000\ADF Games\P\ <all games beginning with P in here> and need to look like this C:\WinUAE3000\ADF Games\P\Pinball Dreams\ <relevant game adf's in here>
Which means not only do I have to create folders for every game I have, I also have to edit every single config file too

Oh well, will be worth it in the end
Old 10 December 2017, 21:46   #92
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Separate directories may not be required if someone figures out how to do it without conflicts

I don't mind if there are multiple modes, as long as end result is same.
Old 10 December 2017, 21:51   #93
DH
Global Moderator

I don't mind making the changes, it'll be worth it in the end, and I certainly don't want to be a pain right now.

Great job
Old 11 December 2017, 00:41   #94
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Oooooh! Just tried this and boy am I impressed with the outcome.

This is absolutely fantastic and now, because of all of you guys, I'm going to have to do all of my stuff like DamienD

Of course, I now have to place my games into there own individual folders as my paths are like this:-
  • C:\WinUAE3000\ADF Games\P\ <all games beginning with P in here> and need to look like this C:\WinUAE3000\ADF Games\P\Pinball Dreams\ <relevant game adf's in here>
Which means not only do I have to create folders for every game I have, I also have to edit every single config file too

Oh well, will be worth it in the end
Bah, no you don't to my friend... that's a lot of work indeed

...maybe it's time for me to share "my" WinUAE collection with the world after 12+ years of hard work

<well, need to finish creating all the "image" files first and wait for "WinUAE v3.6.0" to be released>

It's been a labour of love and sooooo much care / testing / tweaking has been undertaken (just ask ransom1122; as he has my complete, up-to-date collection).

2300+ games (some still not listed in HOL); and loads of custom stuff made by me i.e:

a) HDFs --> ADFs.
b) Custom HDFs.
c) AmigaCD --> .HDFs.
d) WHDLoad --> HDFs.

If you don't like some settings I've chosen i.e. Display / Filter, then all good; just change to suit your preferences via NotePad++ across all configuration files in a few minutes work
Old 11 December 2017, 00:55   #95
ransom1122

Sounds promising DamienD, Once the images are done I think it may be time to release your badboy out into the wild.

Your collection is nothing short of superior.
Old 11 December 2017, 08:18   #96
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Yes, but considering I've built my collection over 12+ years now, I am willing to spend some more time taking title / screenshots.

...the hard part is really configuring all the games to perfection, not taking images
How do you store all that data? RAID HDDs? The Cloud? CD/DVD Backups? Flash memory? Or all of them? I've been looking for the ideal storage medium for a while, but it seems a backup on each type is best.
Old 11 December 2017, 18:24   #97
Mclane
Old retro god.

Damien, do please share your work, I'm the most poorly sorted person in the world when it comes to making lists, getting screens sorted and naming stuff properly, in all my years I don't think I've ever properly sorted out any of the many systems I have collected for emulation etc.

My HD's are like bomb sites
Old 11 December 2017, 21:55   #98
DH
Global Moderator

Quote:
Bah, no you don't to my friend... that's a lot of work indeed

...maybe it's time for me to share "my" WinUAE collection with the world after 12+ years of hard work

<well, need to finish creating all the "image" files first and wait for "WinUAE v3.6.0" to be released>

It's been a labour of love and sooooo much care / testing / tweaking has been undertaken (just ask ransom1122; as he has my complete, up-to-date collection).

2300+ games (some still not listed in HOL); and loads of custom stuff made by me i.e:

a) HDFs --> ADFs.
b) Custom HDFs.
c) AmigaCD --> .HDFs.
d) WHDLoad --> HDFs.

If you don't like some settings I've chosen i.e. Display / Filter, then all good; just change to suit your preferences via NotePad++ across all configuration files in a few minutes work
Sorry for the extra long delay in responding to you DamienD, been to hospital with wife again, blah, blah, blah, etc, etc, etc, you know why mate

Anyhoo! That would be awesome mate and I'm sure every one else would appreciate your extremely kind offer too. You really don't have to do this, as you offer so many solutions and contributions to others with your work, I'm sure that is more than enough generosity. It's your call though, but I certainly wouldn't blame you if you recalled your offer
Old 15 December 2017, 19:25   #99
DH
Global Moderator

Hmm.
Can someone try this out, I seem to have a problem, or maybe found a problem.

Load a game via config file and run it, wait until it's running then f12 and restart WinUAE, not reset but RESTART, do you lose the screenshot window for all config files you select that have screenshots?

Or am I doing something stupid?
Old 16 December 2017, 13:46   #100
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Anyhoo! That would be awesome mate and I'm sure every one else would appreciate your extremely kind offer too. You really don't have to do this, as you offer so many solutions and contributions to others with your work, I'm sure that is more than enough generosity. It's your call though, but I certainly wouldn't blame you if you recalled your offer
Sorry for the delayed response, I've been cracking on through taking all my title / screenshots... Have done 1850 out of 2290 so far; what a mission!!!

Once done I'll give you my collection to test out

Quote:
Hmm.
Can someone try this out, I seem to have a problem, or maybe found a problem.

Load a game via config file and run it, wait until it's running then f12 and restart WinUAE, not reset but RESTART, do you lose the screenshot window for all config files you select that have screenshots?

Or am I doing something stupid?
Works fine here following your instructions above; screenshot panel comes back with all images