English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 04 February 2013, 14:13   #1
Ted1969

Happy WinUAE high-end demo bug

Hello all,

Perhaps this isn't the best way to introduce oneself to a new forum, but I'll state that I've been a long time silent supporter and user of WinUAE for many years - It's one of my favourite emulators. Also, I still have a working a12oo/o4o-4o that will be getting some more airplay when I can afford an external flicker-fixer.

The demo below is seemingly, a very cool 2009 production by Elude called Lightshaft. You can see a screenshot and download the demo from here http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=52998

Sadly I've not been able to get this to work fully on WinUAE since I first downloaded it some time ago (been through many beta revisions and main releases). The intro section has always run perfectly and looks and sounds fantastic, then as soon as you get into the main demo, this happens (see screenshot). I am using my own config which is basically that of my real Amiga (with the actual 2.1GB drive as a virtual disk image), but I've tried many things to get it to work. The debug output is what inspired me to post this and may help Toni or other emulator developers in the future.

Thanks,

Ted

Old 04 February 2013, 14:31   #2
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Simpy dissable Jit and it should run ok.
Old 04 February 2013, 14:48   #3
Ted1969

Hooooo

Well... that makes me a bit of a dumbass

I'd always kept JIT enabled and tried all sorts of combinations around that. I've just watched the demo all the way through and it is cool - as good as some of the TBL demos. A bit more processing clout on this PC and I think it'd run fairly seemlessly.

Thanks for the hint Mad-Matt

Cheers,

Ted
Old 04 February 2013, 16:14   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Debugger gets activated for some reason. I have gotten another similar report but I can't duplicate this and can't find anything that could activate debugger automatically.

In your screenshot emulated Amiga was about to crash due to jump to non-existing memory but it should cause normal guru, not activate the debugger.