English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 26 August 2023, 01:41   #1
MagikGimp

Send a message via ICQ to MagikGimp Send a message via AIM to MagikGimp Send a message via MSN to MagikGimp Send a message via Yahoo to MagikGimp
Angry Full-window RTG no longer works on new monitor

Hi.
I have recently had to replace my primary monitor. My new one supports up to 75Hz refresh and FreeSync whereas the old one only 60Hz without this feature. I use various configs that use RTG but on booting them now they start on the new screen but then all go to my second monitor- an old Samsung TV at 1366x768, 60Hz even though I've set it to use the primary in Display settings.

I've read other threads about refresh rates and such but the general consensus is that FreeSync / G-sync just work so what am I doing wrong?! The configs were set up on the old screen so it stands to reason the Amiga settings were set up for that but this new one supports (in precise amounts)- 75.001, 60 and 59.940 hertz, one of which must have been used by my old one. I also have no idea where to change refresh rates in the Amiga environment. I seem to recall it being possible in Amiga in a Box years ago but I can't see any mention of it in the various monitor settings in the Prefs drawer for Pimiga 3, my old version of AmiKit etc. I confess my knowledge is lacking in both Workbench and advanced WinUAE use so apologies for that. Do I need to post a log or is this an easy solution?
Many thanks for any help.
Old 27 August 2023, 21:23   #2
hexaae
Bug hunter

First check if monitor really supports Freesync (is it really enabled from the monitor settings?) in the range of 30-75Hz. Try also with MAME or other emulators... and, assuming you have NVidia GPU, be sure you forced G-Sync ON for that ("not validated") Freesync monitor:

You can use Picasso96 (Amiga side) to emulate a gfx card using your PC's GPU... Then you need to open SYS:Prefs/ScreenMode to change WB's screen res & freq...
See my signature for my WinUAE cfg set for a pre-configured 1080p 60Hz borderless window for WB and ~50/~60Hz for PAL/NTSC for native modes (thanks to G-Sync for perfect sync and smoothness) on a P96 RTG Workbench environment with a G-Sync screen...

Another quick temporarily solution is to create a 60Hz screen mode (PC Win side) with CRU or NVidia driver panel... This should let you boot into your old RTG WB 60Hz environment where you'll select the new WB screen resolution (read above: "ScreenMode")

Last edited by hexaae; 27 August 2023 at 21:37.
Old 27 August 2023, 22:41   #3
hceline

You maybe made the same mistake as me?
Se here: https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...44&postcount=6